John Wayne was a brilliant orator

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 07:39 am
The attached audio was described as follows...

An audio clip of a very drunk John Wayne ranting about patriotism and protest to a stunned group of college Jay-Cees (Junior Chamber of Commerce).

I thought it was one of the funniest damned things I have ever heard.

Have a listen
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 611 • Replies: 10
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 07:45 am
Here's John Wayne doing the jitterbug and, as a special bonus to all A2K members, I will point out that Fred Mertz is in the crowd.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 08:05 am
That Fred Mertz, what a wild and crazy guy.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 08:06 am
I know you didn't post this for applause. You just wanted to make us think.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 08:19 am
He brings to mind the current president-- if you can imagine G. W. Bush in his drunken alcoholic days, only John Wayne in his marinated state seems worlds more articulate.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 08:27 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Here's John Wayne doing the jitterbug and, as a special bonus to all A2K members, I will point out that Fred Mertz is in the crowd.

Downright creepy and over the top. With good 'ol Fred showing dorky always a bridesmad cheer.

I could only watch a little-- too much bizarre sexuality.

Thank you for the gift.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 08:33 am
Gala wrote:

I found your "take" on this very interesting. Dancing has always been about sexuality, but as someone who is old enough to remember these types of films, I found this one rather tame. I find that today's dancing is so much more overt in its sexuality, while the older stuff merely alluded to what was happening.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 08:38 am
Looks like Fred was stepping out on Ethel....Christ, what's this world coming to?

I thought Duke was fixin' to hog tie that little lady when he tried to swing her under his arm. I thought she was going down for the count.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 08:55 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Gala wrote:

I found your "take" on this very interesting. Dancing has always been about sexuality, but as someone who is old enough to remember these types of films, I found this one rather tame. I find that today's dancing is so much more overt in its sexuality, while the older stuff merely alluded to what was happening.

The woman, she's really working it at a frenetic pace, while the Duke does his cowboy galunk thing. She could knock down a concrete wall the way she's swinging her hips. Then there's Fred having taken the equivalent of the era's Ecstasy and is attending a Rave.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 12:52 pm
Gala, the anger is just pouring off of you.

Yeah, that girl was a cheap slut
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 01:08 pm
Chai wrote:
Gala, the anger is just pouring off of you.

Yeah, that girl was a cheap slut

Ha. That babe can swing her hips in New York to Kansas that's a-okay...though, it feels like I've smoked pot when I watch it. A side of me says: Hey wait a minute, that babe ought to be working it, nothing wrong with that, but she's had to have taken some speed before hand.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » John Wayne was a brilliant orator
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 04:07:04