So, how was YOUR Christmas?

Chai

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:54 pm
My Christmas

by
Chai Tea

Christmas Eve started out as a disappointment, as gustavratzenhofer did willfully and with no provocation lie to me about monster grubs in my garden.

Had I listened to him, my Phlomis fruiticosa and Gomphrena Globosa would have had a tragically shortened lifespan when the weather warmed.

Earlier on this same Christmas Eve it was decided our water should be turned off so the entire garden could be dug up in order to locate and replace a leaking pipe.

The efforts of the entire summer are now plomped in cardboard boxes and old litter boxes on my patio.

I occassionally go out and wring my hands over them, praying they survive the cold air in their temporary homes.

The pipe unfortunately was found to be be unchristian like in this Yuletide Season, requiring much more time and effort than my simple female brain can comprehend.

So, we have had no water since 8am yesterday.

Hence, no Christmas dinner, no possible way to clean dishes, or, most significantly, our bodies.

Some of your know I require a minium of 2 showers a day, so you can imagine how I feel after digging, handling grubs, and plants with no real way to bathe.

We had tickets to see a movie at 2 today, but we both suffered from greasy hair and dirty clothes.

Wally went to Walgreens and bought several gallons of bottled water, so my hair is clean, and various parts of me are clean enough. I'm getting ready to heat water on the stove for the masters bath.

I heated up a frozen eggplant parm dinner, and Wally went off and found an open Jack in the Box.

Actually, it was a fine Christmas, just very strange.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 358 • Replies: 8
No top replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:58 pm
That's an intersting read while I sit here munching on pizza and sipping a g and t
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:59 pm
oooohhhhh, bummer. When will you get your water running again?

My Christmas was great. Quiet, but great. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 07:02 pm
whats that smell.... ?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 07:32 am
Chai--

Quote:
...Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

I've had my Festive Holidays with both Stalled Ox and Jackasses and I'll take the vegie diet every time.

Besides, the Twelve Days of Christmas have just started.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 07:44 am
Mine was quiet, but good. I get a bit depressed around the holidays and I was tired, but no complaints.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 08:04 am
No, parents over reacting or crying or fights. Just some good comfort food, some presents to open and kids getting hyper over having too much sugar and chocolate. Overall a good Christmas.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 10:32 am
We had a nice Christmas with sister, nephews, brother-in-law and lots of food. Good!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 10:37 am
I had a great pre-christmas day.
Since we had to spend actual christmas day with mil (sigh)

All in all, it was nice.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » So, how was YOUR Christmas?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/25/2024 at 10:06:05