I never realized

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 10:21 am
Just how anal I am about wrapping gifts before.

I only have 5 gifts to wrap. Yet I have removed all the paper off of two, to do it over again.

Rolling Eyes

I can not wait to see Jillian's face when she gets home though.
There will be presents under the tree for her and daddy.
She will love it. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,804 • Replies: 49
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 12:37 pm
I love wrapping gifts!

I just finished one that's on the table until I give it to the recipient this afternoon and it makes me happy everytime I pass it. (It has wired ribbon and man I got the curve on that bow *just* right... ;-))
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 12:49 pm
Wimmin are so damned girly!

Just use newspaper and make a big ball.

You can thank me later for saving you all that time (you can use it for other girly crap like nails and stuff).
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 12:51 pm
Robert makes sense. Every gift I wrap looks like it was wrapped by a two year old.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:15 pm
Ohhhh no.

There is an 'art' to wrapping gifts.

You can not see alot of folds in the paper.

The tape must serve a purpose and be rubbed on until almost invisible.

You MUST keep the pattern of the paper in line with the seams.

You MUST not use a really sharp blade on the ribbon , or as Soz says.. you dont get it 'just right'

I love wrapping.
I just never realized how much attention to pay to the details of it until now..
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:21 pm
Then there's the whole opening the present thing. When the girly wimminfolk wrap it so damned nicely I dread their ire if my unwrapping involves undue tearing and does not preserve the girly paper gift obstacle! I have developed the habit of asking if I can tear it open or if they want to open it themselves and keep the damned wrapping paper.

Think of the recipients! A ball of newspaper is much much easier on one's conscience to tear apart and the recipient can also catch some recent events for their edification. It's a gift of education as well!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:28 pm
I used to enjoy rapping but then there was this big ol gang war and Busta got shot and well, that was the end of my rapping.

Oh wait, you said WRAPPING.

I used to enjoy wrapping too. But this year I just didn't have the energy. I just did a quick job and that was that.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:32 pm
Robert, I have your salvation -- gift bags.

True wrapping connoisseurs such as shewolf and myself find them evil, which makes me think you'd love them.

Get the bag.
Open the bag.
Put present in bag.
Stuff some tissue paper on top of the present.

You're done. Girly AND less effort than a newspaper wad. (Need tape for newspaper wads...)

And opening...? Could NOT be easier. (Again, lack of tape is a distinct plus.)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:34 pm
sozobe wrote:

True wrapping connoisseurs such as shewolf and myself find them evil, which makes me think you'd love them.

Get the bag.
Open the bag.
Put present in bag.

You're done. Girly AND less effort than a newspaper wad. (Need tape for newspaper wads...)

See I'm wise enough to know when a gift needs givin' (yeah)
And I got just the one, somethin' to show ya that you are second to none
To all the fellas out there with ladies to impress
It's easy to do just follow these steps
1: Cut a hole in a bag
2: Put your junk in that bag
3: Make her open the bag
And that's the way you do it

hee hee hee....my little contribution to the defamation of Christmas. And justin timberlackluster.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:45 pm
Gift bags..

(shudder)
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:46 pm
sozobe wrote:

Get the bag.
Open the bag.
Put present in bag.

You forget that I would be contributing the the infamous female disorder of collecting nice paper bags. I still have to live with myself soz and I can't have something like that on my conscience.

When I used to work in an office I could tell which desks were infected by females mainly by the paper shopping bags they'd saved to use to put girly stuff in (if the horde of pictures with their girlfriends didn't already give it away).

The ones with a strong case of the girlies often had a gift bag which contained other neatly-folded gift bags.

When I asked what the devil they saved that many bags for the reply was always "to put stuff in". I always held my tongue right there and nodded along as if it made plenty of sense.

See, there's really no reasoning with crazy people!

I'm sticking with newspaper, maybe that'll learn 'em somethin'.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:50 pm
Never give anything that won't fit in an envelope.
For special occsaions, use a nice envelope.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:51 pm
Oh, and hi, Robert. I like the way you think.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:56 pm
If I have to wrap a present I put it in newspaper, pull the newspaper together at the top and then wrap duct tape around it. My mother, who is german, wraps things perfectly. She lectured me for about 10 minutes when she saw a present I had wrapped. Then she realized it was a lost cause Laughing
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:58 pm
sozobe wrote:

I don't know how I missed this. I must disabuse you of this notion.

You do NOT need tape for the newspaper wad. If you feel you do, you simply have not "wadded" forcefully enough.

Hey there George. Nice to see another island of sanity in this crazy female-dominated world.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:59 pm
Crap... are any of the aforementioned wimmin folk around to teach me how to properly wrap a gift? I'm suddenly very interested in doing things differently.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 02:35 pm
sozobe wrote:
Get the bag.
Open the bag.
Put present in bag.

That's almost as classic as the "Dick in a Box" song from Saturday Night Live.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 02:48 pm
Laughing

i -just- finished watching that again
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 04:08 pm
Robert Gentel wrote:
Crap... are any of the aforementioned wimmin folk around to teach me how to properly wrap a gift? I'm suddenly very interested in doing things differently.

This might help a little...
How to Wrap a Christmas Present
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 05:24 pm
TTH wrote:
My mother, who is german, wraps things perfectly. She lectured me for about 10 minutes when she saw a present I had wrapped. Then she realized it was a lost cause Laughing

I'm German. I usually use brown paper and red ribbon - works for everybody!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I never realized
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:19:13