Never grow again

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 10:20 pm
What if you were to choose a certain age you would like to stay to be that age forever, how old and why?

If you choose just to live the way you are right now(growing older every year)why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 773 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 10:33 pm
Age ranges too wide...I'd like to stay right around 23-25. Young enough where I could act like an obnoxious bastard with no responsibilities, still old enough to support myself and have some spending $$, and great age for hooking up with stupid young drunk girls.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 10:58 pm
The day I retire. Got some crafts I'd like to work on. I'll have a nice workshop by then, so I'll probably build stuff too. I like to build stuff, but this work thing keeps getting in the way.
Gardening will be much more relaxing and I can expand my vegetable and herb gardens :-D

I'll report back here at this time, 21 years from my next birthday :-D
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 12:27 am
Everybody is going to pick there prime. 18 to 35.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 02:11 am
I'd keep things the way they are. Getting older and eventually die at a ripe old age (hopefully).

The idea of staying a certain age forever doesn't appeal to me. That's a very long time!

But if I could stay feeling and looking young and healthy til my death, I'll take that deal.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 03:22 am
I want three categories- the ones that range from ages 12-50. If I had to break it down though- this is how it'd go.

lst choice: 36-50 (the category I'm in right now)
Why? Because I've had the most freedom and autonomy during this time. I'm comfortable and experienced in my job- I feel confident in my abilities enough to enjoy it everyday. I can see that my children are doing well, and they've developed enough for me to see that they'll be good adult human beings (I don't worry about whether or not they'll be able to make it or not-I can see they have the tools).
I've gone the most interesting places and made the most interesting friends during this time...I've laughed the most during this time (except for my childhood/teen years) which is why my second choice would be:

2) 12-22. I had a great childhood- I'd do it again in a second. But I'm extending it to 22-because I don't think childhood ends at 18. I'd pick this category because then it'd mean that it''d all still be in front of me.

3) 23-35. Alot of great things - my kids were born- but also alot of uncertainty and less stimulating circumstances. I couldn't as easily choose what I wanted to do as I can now.
For women, I think the prime is later. I know didn't even hit my stride in terms of confidence, etc. until I was 35. And if I had a choice of whether to be 27 or 37 again- I'd pick 37 or 38 or 40....

I wouldn't care about under 4 because I have so few memories of that time ..I wouldn't pick over 50 because that will mean my parents will soon be gone...and I can already feel that the losses just get harder and sadder and closer together.

Interesting thread!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 06:22 am
35 is the end of your prime??
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 06:39 am
Amigo wrote:
Everybody is going to pick there prime. 18 to 35.

I'm with the wolf on this one.

Depends on how one defines their prime.

No way would I want to go back to any age before, let's say....32(ish)

For me, things in general only get better year after year.

At 49, I can act the fool (which I obviously do often) but realize where the rubber hits the road I'm rock solid.

I can give an opinion, which may be unpopular, but instead of saying "I don't care what other people think", I know that what others think have their own importance, but I have come to formulate my opinions based on experience, which is the greatest teacher.

I'm not swayed by others opinions so much. I'll listen to them, and make up my own mind. I'm not intimadated by someone telling me I've got it wrong.....at the same time, if I'm shown I was in error, I'll gladly admit it.

I'm no longer ruled by monthly cycles. Beyond the absence of PMS, it's opened a creative door in me I didn't know was there. Apparantly the door was further down a long hallway that was blocked by cartons of tampons.

In general, the earliest time I'd choose would be, 37 to 40. But that's just the earliest, not the best.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 07:20 am
I guess "66...."

I liked my childhood. Teenaged years sucked, though there's the do-over element. (Be "me," but go back to that age.) College years were great. DINK years were great. Sozlet's early childhood was great. Now is great. (OK, all these "greats" have their "not-great" elements of course, but overall.) I look forward to watching sozlet grow up, and look forward to being DIEMs. (Double income, empty nest. Just coined.) I look forward to grandkid(s). So I wouldn't want things stuck in now or earlier, and miss all of that.

I have times of my life so far that I've liked more and less, but if this meant freezing time, basically, I wouldn't want to until just before I started to get really incapacitated by age. Even then I wouldn't want to remain in limbo forever.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 07:21 am
Er, DIEN. Less catchy, oh well.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 05:44 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Age ranges too wide...I'd like to stay right around 23-25. Young enough where I could act like an obnoxious bastard with no responsibilities, still old enough to support myself and have some spending $$, and great age for hooking up with stupid young drunk girls.

ditto
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Never grow again
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 04:17:35