Christmas Shopping Deadline

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 12:59 pm
When do you try and have it all done by?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 910 • Replies: 15
No top replies

chef21

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 12:47 pm
Ha. By the end of this week! YOu wait too long and everythign is gone and you have to settle for left overs on the shelf! :-p
0 Replies

foodGobbler

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 12:51 pm
I usually give myself until the 2nd week of December. Last minute shopping is usually for the stocking stuffers. Any other last minute shoppers?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 04:05 pm
I learned my holiday shopping habits when my family lived at a distance and the post office was not computerized.

This year I'm running late, but I hope to be finished with the last few items by the end of the week.

Mr. Noddy is a last minute shopper. After many-many years, this is no longer stressful.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 04:33 pm
I generally strive to be through by New Year's Eve.
But I'm flexible.
0 Replies

foodGobbler

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 05:53 pm
Haha...new years eve! Better late than never, right? I try and also have it done by the 2nd week of December. Gift cards are great gift solutions. Can't go wrong with them. Do you hand out gift cards for Christmas too?
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 06:22 pm
foodGobbler wrote:
...Do you hand out gift cards for Christmas too?

Yeah, but I've never been really happy about it. I'd prefer to give something
I've picked out for that person. However, given my questionable taste, gift
cards are wiser.
0 Replies

foodGobbler

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 06:50 pm
Haha...so in other words, you find yourself picking something out you'd like? :-p Gift cards are a guarantee to me. The receiver will always like the gift they pick out! Gift cards are available everywhere too, even grocery stores! For example, did you know Safeway grocery stores have over 250 different gift cards from all types of different stores? Do you have Safeway's?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 11:08 am
foodGobbler--

Do you get a commission?
0 Replies

foodGobbler

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 11:53 am
Haha. Afraid not. I'm not in Sales.
0 Replies

foodGobbler

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 06:09 pm
Do you find that gift cards are too impersonal to give as Christmas gifts?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 06:32 pm
It all depends on who gives it to me.

From my husband? YES.
From my ultra-creative sister? YES.
From my co-worker? NO.
0 Replies

foodGobbler

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 11:05 am
Eva, you have a point as far as your husband goes. I hate to think how many husbands have slept on the couch after handing a gift card to their wives...:-p

My sister got me a gift card before and it didn't seem too impersonal since it was in a gift bag with other Christmas goodies. I guess it would depend. If you take a lot of time to put together her present and make it super....I'm sure that it might seem like she didn't put much thought into
0 Replies

foodGobbler

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 05:10 pm
Are you having gift exchanges at your work this year? No one has yet to mention it at my current job.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 06:08 pm
FoodGobbler, you sound a tad robotic. As if you don't get a commission but are here to promote. Perhaps I misread you and your accompanier, Chef. Are we doing marketing?

I have generally bought things that I have run across throughout the year that might fit various friends and relatives. I stopped, quite some time ago, running around picking gifts for those I don't care about.
0 Replies

foodGobbler

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 06:42 pm
Ive heard of that strategy before...buying throughout the year. Where do you store it...closets? That's the only issue I'd have with buying throughout the year, would be storing it for so long. Do you have everything wrapped up 2?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Christmas Shopping Deadline
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 07:20:46