Region Philbis

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 08:32 pm
'trep,

congrats to you as well for reaching that milestone Smile
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 09:11 pm
Hey, CL!

Congrats on your pregnancy. I hope you get to stick around more often -- we miss you.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 07:28 am
CL--

Even with ultrasound, babies are capable of surprises.

Did you have much morning sickness?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 10:12 am
Intrepid wrote:
Great to see you CL. Congratulations on going smoke free. I know how hard it can be. I did it myself 10 years ago today.

Congratulations on the baby. You sound very happy. Smile

Thanks!! Wow ten years!! That is awesome!! Is it still hard? I am so scared that I will start again as soon as Dakota is born. A part of me misses it but if I smell it one somebody it smells so disgusting and I hate to think I ever smelt like that!!!!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 10:13 am
JPB wrote:
Hey, CL!

Congrats on your pregnancy. I hope you get to stick around more often -- we miss you.

Thanks! So far work hasn't blocked this site so I am trying to go on my lunch break everyday. I'll get back into the swing of things soon.

I miss you all too! Smile
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 10:17 am
Noddy24 wrote:
CL--

Even with ultrasound, babies are capable of surprises.

Did you have much morning sickness?

I know! I am waiting to hear them say boy still. But when we saw the ultrasound it looked like girl very much. If not then it's really tiny still Laughing

I had lots of morning sickness. I was sick up till my 17 week. I threw up daily. 3 or 4 mornings a week and every night. I couldn't eat much at all and I ended up losing 10 lbs.

But I feel better now, I still get sick once in a while and I can't eat anything I used to like, but it's ok, I wasn't the healthiest eater before. I can't remember the last time I had fast food! Shocked It's a good thing though.

I'll have to post a picture of my belly up later so you guys can see how much of a blimp I am already and I still have 17 1/2 weeks to go!!! Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 10:17 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Great to see you CL. Congratulations on going smoke free. I know how hard it can be. I did it myself 10 years ago today.

Thanks!! Wow ten years!! That is awesome!! Is it still hard? I am so scared that I will start again as soon as Dakota is born. A part of me misses it but if I smell it one somebody it smells so disgusting and I hate to think I ever smelt like that!!!!

I still have a small craving, but it goes as soon as I smell the putrid smell of a cigarette. I never smelled it before I quit. It seems that I knew closet smokers who never smoked in front of people they knew. I could tell by the smell soon after I quit.

Most places, at least here, are smoke free nowadays. However, I used to walk through the food court in a mall when I had a craving. It left me real quick.

The other thing that you will find, when Dakota is born, is that you won't have time to smoke. Laughing You will also, likely, find that you do not want to smoke due to the harm that it could do to her....not only before birth, but after.

Just take it one minute; one hour; one day; one week and one month at a time and you will endure and succeed. Be strong.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 10:20 am
Intrepid wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

I still have a small craving, but it goes as soon as I smell the putrid smell of a cigarette. I never smelled it before I quite. It seems that I knew closet smokers who never smoked in front of people they knew. I could tell by the smell soon after I quit.

Most places, at least here, are smoke free nowadays. However, I used to walk through the food court in a mall when I had a craving. It left me real quick.

The other thing that you will find, when Dakota is born, is that you won't have time to smoke. Laughing You will also, likely, find that you do not want to smoke due to the harm that it could do to her....not only before birth, but after.

Just take it one minutel; one hour; one day; one week and one month at a time and you will endure and succeed. Be strong.

All places are smoke free here except for private clubs (like the vfw and elks) but when I go to the next state over they can still smoke in restaurants and all. And when I go to visit my family in TN they can smoke everywhere!

I know if I do take up smoking again that I will not smoke around her. But the smell will still get everywhere! I never noticed the smell when I was a smoker either!

Most of the time I forget I ever smoked. It's easy now though because Dakota is my driving force behind not smoking.

Besides John doesn't smoke so there is less temptation and my apartment smells so good now! Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 10:22 am
A bonus is that you won't have to wash the windows or curtains as often now. Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 01:44 pm
Put the money you used to burn into a babysitting fund.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 08:50 pm
Intrepid wrote:
A bonus is that you won't have to wash the windows or curtains as often now. Smile

Shocked You're supposed to wash those?? Shocked

J/k John washes everything over and over. Even brand new clothes in the package, never been opened. He washes them before he wears them.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 08:51 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Put the money you used to burn into a babysitting fund.

We are lucky actually, his mother runs a daycare. It will be a big help I hope! Smile
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 08:51 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

J/k John washes everything over and over. Even brand new clothes in the package, never been opened. He washes them before he wears them.

Doesn't everybody? Confused
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 06:44 am
I wash all new clothes--particularly underwear--and linen before using them. Textile goods from Third World countries have been treated with all manner of chemicals to kill bugs and prevent mold.

I'd definitely wash all baby clothes before putting them on baby.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 08:22 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Doesn't everybody? Confused

No Embarrassed A lot of people I know don't. Including me.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 08:23 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I wash all new clothes--particularly underwear--and linen before using them. Textile goods from Third World countries have been treated with all manner of chemicals to kill bugs and prevent mold.

I'd definitely wash all baby clothes before putting them on baby.

Ew I will remember that and start washing them more (John makes me wash them anyways)

And we are washing all the babies clothes in Dreft after we buy them. Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Just saying Hi!!!
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 06:47:18