Homo sapien: A Total Failure

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:01 am
Look folks, we had a good run, but the overwhelming evidence that our species has run its course and is now, like a wind up toy, simply running its head into the wall over and over can no longer be ignored.

Take, for example, the Puppoose:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2188/1603753592_19800421aa_o.jpg

Guess what? Your dog is not a guitar. May it be stricken with a horrible case of diarrhea and ruin your designer jeans while you are waiting in line at Jamba Juice.

To fully comprehend how doomed we are, visit the Puppoose web site.

Read all about Shannon, the Zen Buddhist crocheting dancer/CEO (a.k.a. Idtiot) responsible for this abomination. When she's not on tour, she's thwarting the lapping tides of samsara with her crochet hook and yarn. At one with her Buddha nature, she inflates with the genius responsible for the Puppoose, and other wonderful inventions I would imagine, like perhaps a goddamn Kitty Defibrillator.

Here's hoping that, post Bird Flu, a more practical, resourceful species succeeds us.

Have a wonderful day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 726 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:02 am
c'mon garg... you'd do her.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:04 am
Her and her dog. But that's irrelevant.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:29 am
Mr. Puffykins did not find your joke about defibrillators amusing.

He's on the heart transplant list and he depends on knowing that all the AED's are fully charged up when he goes to the mall

http://www.pawsinshoes.com/wp-content/krista_shopping_cat.jpg
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:44 am
Is it going to be that kind of day for us A2k shutins? Very Happy

More More More
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 02:20 pm
Re: Homo sapien: A Total Failure
Gargamel wrote:
Look folks, we had a good run, but the overwhelming evidence that our species has run its course

no, i won't have people confusing civilization with a species. there are plenty of aborigines quite untaken with our b.s. - they have b.s. of their own, but hey, you could say the very same thing about squids going around squirting people with ink. i'm sure they have some kind of reason for it. i don't like wasps either. (and i also don't like those things that fly around and sting people, whatever they're called.)

in any case, a better title would have been "civlization: a total failure." but i think there's still room for evolution. maybe we won't go back to quite what we had prior to civilization, we'll move forward- to something else.

or maybe instead of trying to blanket the world with a single way of life, we'll become more of a patchwork again, this time because we choose to be one. technoshamans, neo-amish and neo-aborigines, pioneers of the lunar frontier, and retro-puritans. and then of course there will be the mormons and quakers, who won't change for another 20,000 years. but you know what would be a great start? getting rid of our socialized civilization-indoctrination complex, also known as mandatory schooling.

instead, mandate that people go to the library and study whatever they please, and people will learn more, faster. knock down all the schools and juvenile detention centers, (part of civilization) and put up more libraries, and create a post-civilization renaissance. you could -debate- that libraries are part of civilization too, but hey, we kept relics of tribal life, i recommend keeping a few relics of "civilization" too. i wouldn't miss most of it- most people live entirely through television and movies anyway, so they wouldn't either.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 02:38 pm
I appreciate your optimism.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 02:46 pm
I don't know why some people, like those who paid $500 for an Iphone, purchase a puppoose, and get Chinese symbols tattooed on their neck don't just skip all the crap and have "Douchebag" branded on their foreheads.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 02:50 pm
oh i know what you mean, and you're right if you're calling me a dreamer.

civilization as we know it will end, it's not sustainable. if he thought about it long enough, reall life would realize that civilzation violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics. (little joke, but civilization *is* an ever-growing use of ever-dwindling resources.)

it's just a matter of when and how big the pieces are, with which to construct a newer reality.

my optimism is in the belief that we can do something before we destroy ourselves completely. life would go on without us, i'd rather it go on with us, but we do need to start making amends with all other life if we hope to see another day, century, or millennium.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:07 pm
Gargamel wrote:
...http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2188/1603753592_19800421aa_o.jpg

...crochet hook and yarn. ....

That skirt is crotched. She may be doomed but she does have craft talent.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:23 pm
jespah wrote:
Gargamel wrote:
...http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2188/1603753592_19800421aa_o.jpg

...crochet hook and yarn. ....

That skirt is crotched. She may be doomed but she does have craft talent.

We're doomed.

Now Jespah has forgotten how to spell crocheted, and is making Freudian slips instead.

I was gonna make some speech about coffee beans and the cacao bean being domesticated and used in drinks, and how we couldn't be all bad if we could do that, and alcohol, especially gin and tonic and single malt scotch and stuff, but I have been blown out of the water.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:41 pm
Dammit I'm in a hurry 'cause the game has already started. It can be crotched and crocheted, can't it?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:48 pm
jespah wrote:
Dammit I'm in a hurry 'cause the game has already started. It can be crotched and crocheted, can't it?

Well, I suspect the boys were more thinking of crotched, and the crafty goils of crocheted.

You are clearly, like me, in some limbo between the two, if the game having started is your excuse.

:wink:

I SO don't grok craft.

Especially if it involves fibres.

That, and flour. Ewwwww.....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 07:43 am
I am not a crafts person. I did used to embroider on occasion, but I have absolutely lost patience for it. Too much other stuff to do.

By the time I got downstairs to watch the game, a grand slam had been hit. So it was a happy evening here at Casa de la Philbis.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 10:43 am
It is true that my antagonism is partially fueled by Shannon's marketing ingenuity. I noticed the Puppoose is sold only in L.A.

Would I trade my poser's piety for what Shannon's netted with the Puppoose? Yes. Yes I would. But don't tell anybody.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 11:40 am
I'm convinced that mankind is doomed, but not because of Puppooses. If anything, Puppooses cheer me up. Anyway, over the weekend, my husband and I experienced what we agreed was the perfect one-two punch for anyone who harbors any optimism about humanity.

First we went out to a movie, "Gone Baby Gone." I felt like I needed a shower afterward. I wonder where they found some of the people to be in that. Did they do a "do you look like the very dregs of humanity" casting call? (We'll have to ask Slappy how accurate the portrayal of the Boston underbelly was, you know he knows.)

Next we went shopping at Winco (cheap-o bulk grocery store for those who haven't lived the horror). Shocked Seriously, anyone who thinks most people are okay, go shop at Winco. Screaming kids and horribly unhealthy looking parents buying horribly unhealthy giant cartloads of gross food; skanky chicks in streetwalker outfits and their gansta boyfriends and their dirty infants looking neglected; the huge sweaty guy who cut an amazing fart that stunk up a ten-foot radius all around him (and he worked there!)... it was an experience. The tone of the place would have been much improved by a Puppoose or two, actually.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 02:32 pm
cyphercat wrote:
over the weekend, my husband and I experienced what we agreed was the perfect one-two punch for anyone who harbors any optimism about humanity.

boy are you on the wrong forum on the wrong week? is it just me, or has this place gone straight to hell, ever since one (well intentioned) poster asked how to make this place more inviting? oh i'm sure it will get better in a few days... civilization i mean- maybe the forum too?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 02:41 pm
You're right.

I'll make a batch of virtual brownies for all new members! Tee-hee-hee-hee-hee!
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 03:07 pm
brownies are fine, but we're not drinking kool-aid from your body.

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20000516&mode=classic
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Homo sapien: A Total Failure
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 10:24:58