Another Stinking Reminder Of My Mortality

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:40 pm
Chai wrote:
I have gone through menopause. I can no longer breed, even if I wanted to.
The physiological reason for my existence has ended.

Now I will become wrinkled, break a hip and end up on drugs in a nursing home.

then, ultimately, die.

There bear, feel better?

we could have a big party, smoke some weed, snort some coke, have Van Halen play...... and then have our family put us on an ice floe and push us out to sea....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:58 pm
yes bear....it is a good day to die.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:02 pm
Chai wrote:
yes bear....it is a good day to die.

everyday honey...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:19 pm
Are you two mad? Shocked Today is NOT a good day to die. Not for me. I've just completed a most difficult design job, my cousin is coming into town tomorrow, Morehouse's homecoming game is Saturday, lots of parties, cuz and I have manicure and pedicure appointments on Monday, I've got to get an ad ready for print by Monday, there's just WAY too much to do.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:21 pm
just goofin' honey....I love my life...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:26 pm
I was just about to remind you of your November gigs.
But that party with the weed and the coke sounds pretty cool. Not crazy about Van Halen tho. How about some Led Zeppelin? Looking forward to downloading their stuff next month. They finally broke down and will now allow itunes (and others) access to their library. I haven't heard Kashmir in about a decade, at least.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:30 pm
I do Kashmir in some of my shows acoustically.... and unlike Robert Plabt... I can duplicate the original recorded vocal parts..
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:33 pm
Laughing Too bad Mr. Plant can't hit those notes like the old days, huh?
Acoustically? That sounds interesting.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:36 pm
you should hear my acoustic version Hell Bent For Leather or In the Still Of the Night
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 03:54 am
You Are Old, Father William

"You are old, father William," the young man said,
"And your hair has become very white;
And yet you incessantly stand on your head--
Do you think, at your age, it is right?"

"In my youth," father William replied to his son,
"I feared it might injure the brain;
But, now that I'm perfectly sure I have none,
Why, I do it again and again."

"You are old," said the youth, "as I mentioned before,
And you have grown most uncommonly fat;
Yet you turned a back-somersault in at the door--
Pray what is the reason for that?"

"In my youth," said the sage, as he shook his grey locks,
"I kept all my limbs very supple
By the use of this ointment - one shilling a box--
Allow me to sell you a couple?"

"You are old," said the youth, "and your jaws are too weak
For anything tougher than suet;
Yet you finished the goose, with the bones and the beak--
Pray, how did you manage to do it?"

"In my youth," said his father, "I took to the law,
And argued each case with my wife;
And the muscular strength, which it gave to my jaw,
Has lasted the rest of my life."

"You are old," said the youth, "one would hardly suppose
That your eye was as steady as ever;
Yet you balanced an eel on the end of your nose--
What made you so awfully clever?"

"I have answered three questions, and that is enough,"
Said his father. "Don't give yourself airs!
Do you think I can listen all day to such stuff?
Be off, or I'll kick you down stairs.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 04:30 am
You know that you are getting old when someone dies at 75, and you say "Boy, what a shame..........he was so young!" Shocked
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:10 am
I learned yesterday that I need hearing aids--both ears.

Bright thoughts: My hearing will be improved and the improvements will be totally covered by medical insurance.

The older I get, the more detachable parts I accumulate.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:22 am
Noddy- That reminds me of an old story. These little kids were singing the praises of their family members. One said that their mommy baked the best chocolate cake in the world. Another told of a father who had been on a minor league baseball team. The third child thought a bit about her grandmother who had recently returned home after having a pacemaker installed.

"My grandma runs on batteries", she proudly replied!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:27 am
Phoenix--

I'll remember that. Thank you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 08:26 am
Hearing aids are great. Take some getting used to, but if you have a minor loss -- which I'm assuming you do -- they can make SUCH a difference. (I used to kiss mine before putting them away at night, in gratitude.)

And I know I'm too young for the "I'm so old" business but that fridge thing was about the first time that's happened to me -- when I realize that something that was so commonplace as to be second nature has now been phased out to the extent that actual adults have NO experience of it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 08:39 am
I've got hearing loss that's not stone deaf but pretty damn bad and getting worse... it really drives everyone around me crazy. Maybe that's why squinney asked me to get out Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:40 am
Soz--

You're a marvelous cheering section.

I'm more daunted by the idea of getting used to another gadget than the ignomy of needing hearing aids. I'll survive. I've already fixed my face that under most circumstances I'd rather have stage-of-the-art computer amplifiers than an old fashioned ear trumpet.

There are circumstances when an ear trumpet would be useful, particularly if it could double as a megaphone, but picturesque is not really practical.

Bear--

I'd guess some deep area of your subconscious is aware that you can't hear the sabre-toothed tigers creeping up behind you. Undoubtedly this is a small cloud sullying your sunny, optimistic disposition.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 10:08 am
I have no deep areas... I'm just a Bear.... :wink:
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 12:48 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I'm more daunted by the idea of getting used to another gadget than the ignomy of needing hearing aids. I'll survive. I've already fixed my face that under most circumstances I'd rather have stage-of-the-art computer amplifiers than an old fashioned ear trumpet.

Assuming you'll be getting the in-ear type, make sure you label them as to right and left. They have to fit tightly in the ear in order to work correctly, and they're usually fitted to each ear canal.

My grandmother was forever getting hers in crosswise, and still couldn't hear a thing.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 01:11 pm
eoe wrote:
...captain of the pom-pom squad, and both of these women have gotten hefty and although they were all dolled up and looked great, still, they've aged and seeing them really bummed me out, remembering when they were tight and taut and prime, grade A tenderonis. ...

I just found out that one of the women, capt. of the pom-pom squad, recently lost her husband of twenty five years. He died and I'm almost certain that man was not even 55 years old.

Ain't it a trip? My contemporaries are now becoming widows. Geez...Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 01:30:12