Should I change my username?

aperson

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 06:29 pm
I was just wondering: is the name "aperson" a little too impersonal? A little too anonymous? I originally decided on that name because, well, I just couldn't think of another! Anyway, should I ask to get it changed or shouldn't I bother?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 760 • Replies: 18
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 06:34 pm
You have a distinctive username and a distinctive graphic for your avatar...
I always recognize you.

On the other hand, they might give mere glimmer of your personality.

Be aware though, that (as far as I know) you don't get to keep changing.. you'd better really like the next one.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 06:34 pm
Better to confirm what I say with the help desk, re name changing.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 06:38 pm
Will do.

Well I am glad that you always recognise me, despite the fact that I play a comparatively small role in this website.

Hang on, how do I get to the help desk?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 06:42 pm
Yeh, but I like graphics, succintness, and so on, even though I am personally painterly and not often enough succinct.

I'll vote no on changing it, telling you so you can keep tabs,
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 06:44 pm
Bottom of the page, little tiny blue word 'help'. You have to fill out a ticket, no big deal, but it you have trouble, hollar.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 06:44 pm
I vote no.

I like your name.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 06:45 pm
Ok, I got there, but it appears I have to register a separate account there, to submit a ticket. That just doesn't seem right.

I think I will just make a thread in the Forum Help section.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 06:52 pm
Nah, I think you can just be you. But, who knows, there may be some problem re recent .com to .org or something.
I don't use the help desk often so I'm out of practice - with luck, others will assist.

Also, help desk doesn't always answer immediately. It's handled by a few ragged volunteer hamsters as best they can get to it.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 08:02 pm
So far the results are as follows:
Yes - 0
No - 5
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 08:05 pm
I voted no.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 08:10 pm
I don't think it sounds impersonal.

If you feel strongly about changing it, that's one thing, but it certainly doesn't sound off-putting.

My name here was originally Chai Tea, and I picked the name because I happened to be looking at a Celestial Seasoning box while trying to come up with a name. Most people were calling me Chai, and so I dropped the Tea.

mushypancakes started out here as something else, she called herself flushd. I think something went wonky with her account, so she just showed up as mushy one day.

TTH was originally Trying To Help.

And Bi-PolarBear...well, I'm still not clear on the story behind that.

Anyway, I for one enjoy seeing you as aperson. To me, it sounds like you're thoughtful, as in full of thoughts.

Oh...but I change my avatar all the time...have you experimented with identity via your avatar? That's fun.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 08:19 pm
believe it or not, i've never seen anyone online with the handle "aperson" or even a handle that reminds me of "aperson"

it's obviously more unique than you think, and besides, it's what we know you as. but if you must change it, i'm sure we'll get used to it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 08:28 pm
My name was originally ossobuco - how would you like to live with that for six years? I'm not a man, I don't eat all that much meat, and I am not interested in any heh, hehs about bone cavities. Luckily, the vast majority of a2kers understand me somewhat. I'm actually a near petunia who likes italian food..
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 08:30 pm
Change it to "theperson".
It sounds so much more assertive and self-confident.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 09:19 pm
But then you have to change the question mark for an exclamation mark.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 10:21 pm
Good heavens, I didn't know mushypancakes is flushd!! Shocked I'm gonna start calling her flushy pancakes.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 10:33 pm
Change it. Sounds like you're saying the rest of us are not.
0 Replies

Mr Nice

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 07:16 am
I like your username. No need to change I suppose.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Should I change my username?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:16:14