How do I groom this GD beard?

DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 02:09 pm
So I didn't shave for a couple of weeks because I'm basically a lazy bastard. (Being a lazy bastard serves me well in my chosen profession; we can discuss why in another thread if you wish.)

While trimming the resultant grunge, I gave in to a whim and left the bit around my mouth region.

So. Can I get a nice little Van Dyke without major upkeep?

I like the looks of this one: http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200303/voy-195-doctor-chaotica/240x320.jpg

Yeah, yeah, call me a geek. I do like the nicely sinister look this one has, though. Even without the eyebrows, which I'm not sure I could pull off. I mean, I could get 'em to look like that, but my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator is being repaired right now so how would I punish anyone making fun of the brows?

So, can I get that look without having to pluck? Plucking sucks. Hurts like, well, you know.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 598 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Chai

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 02:26 pm
I think you should wear that very outfit this weekend to ACL.

All the chicks will be grooving on you.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 02:34 pm
That kind of beard is a pain in the ass to keep trimmed and neat-looking. I had a regular beard for a long time and the maintenance of it was more trouble than it was worth. With this kind of beard, you'd need to be able to keep all the lines contoured just so, and getting that little open space under each side of your mouth will also be a chore that will wear thin quickly. It looks to me like you are in for even more work than just shaving every day with that.

I'm about an 8 on a scale of 1-10 in laziness though, so please take that into consideration.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 03:32 pm
My husband has had that beard for years, it doesn't seem to be a problem for him. I'll ask if he has any tips. DD you might want to have barber do a professional shaping to start you out and then you just keep up the line work.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 04:29 pm
Green Witch wrote:
DD you might want to have barber do a professional shaping to start you out and then you just keep up the line work.

Maybe.

This was my first try:

http://mudhead.uottawa.ca/~pete/beard.gif
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 05:39 pm
Re: How do I groom this GD beard?
DrewDad wrote:
http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200303/voy-195-doctor-chaotica/240x320.jpg

My dad has a beard slightly resembling that one, certainly doesn't look evil. Actually it doesn't just resemble it, it's pretty much dead on.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 05:41 pm
So... what's the grooming regimen?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 05:53 pm
First step is to pull your head out of your ass so you can get at it.

Ooh, a cheap shot out of nowhere! He shoots, he scores!
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 06:03 pm
You still want it? Even if it's not evil?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 07:59 pm
kickycan wrote:
First step is to pull your head out of your ass so you can get at it.

Ooh, a cheap shot out of nowhere! He shoots, he scores!

The king of cheap....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 06:53 pm
RP has this when the weather's warm. Now that it's starting to cool down a bit, he's switched to the full beard. I'll see if I can get him over here.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 10:12 pm
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7936/beardxr4.jpg

nothing much to tell -- just shave around it, and trim with scissors to shape/even out.

i'm lazy as all get-out, so i only keep the goatee for a few months (usually during the summer)...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How do I groom this GD beard?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 02:20:54