Camping in a parking lot for chicken sandwiches

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 05:09 am
Would you do this? or do you have a real life? How many chicken sandwiches can a person eat anyway?? Rolling Eyes

Sep 12, 2007 3:26 pm US/Eastern

Chick-Fil-A Campers Arrive In Severn

(WJZ) SEVERN, Md. Some call them Chick-Fil-A campers. Their goal is free food for an entire year.

Gigi Barnett reports the campers only come around with the grand opening of a new Chick-Fil-A.

It's like a day at the beach, but there isn't a body of water for miles.

"We brought games and a lot of junk food to eat and we're making new friends," said Chick-Fil-A camper Denise Oakley.

These are land lovers. Actually they are more like parking lot lovers, especially if it's in front of a new Chick-Fil-A.

Chick-Fil-A campers sleep out in the elements, turning the parking lot into a tent city.

"We'll be here tonight until tomorrow morning. They'll have to take us out on a stretcher if something happens," said Chick-Fil-A lover Libby Knupp.

They're called the first 100. The payoff to being the first to get inside the new Severn location is sweet.

"Four years ago they decided to give away free Chick-Fil-A to the first 100 customers, and people started coming with lawn chairs the day before," said Chick-Fil-A spokeswoman Julie Bowcutt.

And they haven't stopped since, traveling from almost every city to any new location.

"You can tell the experienced campers because they come very well prepared," said Bowcutt.

There are some rules to becoming a Chick-Fil-A camper. They must register with the restaurant. If you're a "first 100" you could lose your spot if you leave the parking lot before the restaurant opens.

(© MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 600 • Replies: 5
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 05:12 am
I understand the free food for a year part.
0 Replies

helmi15

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 09:11 am
Who is able to eat just chicken sandwiches for one year..... Razz
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 09:20 am
These are the same slaves responsible for the the existence, albeit tenuous, of Ben Affleck's career.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 03:02 pm
Gargamel wrote:
These are the same slaves responsible for the the existence, albeit tenuous, of Ben Affleck's career.

I'm not sure of the connection, but I have no doubt that's true.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 03:10 pm
They have 5 stores listed on their WWW site as opening in the next 60 days. Their "First 100" program also limits you to no more than 1 free meal per week.

I guess ya can't quite live off the things at that rate. Wink

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/comingSoon.asp
http://www.chick-fil-a.com/faq.asp
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Camping in a parking lot for chicken sandwiches
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:45:44