Girl hair question: Boys Out

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:44 am
It's not about the naughty hairs, so you don't want to continue reading. I promise.

It's about facial hair. Yup. Ugh. Yes.

Soooo...I have been trying to think of ways to make it less noticeable during the times when I have to let it grow a bit so that I can have it lasered off.
There has to be some growth, see, and there will be a few appointments.

Veil? Truly have considered it.

Any ideas? It's ugly and I will be around the public, there is no avoiding it.

If I can't think of anything to cover it somehow, it's going to have to be "oh well, deal with folks!" and I'm at a point where that wouldn't stop me now.

But I'd rather not if I don't have to.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 677 • Replies: 13
No top replies

material girl

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:55 am
You could act as tho your ok with it.If your personality shines through then people will ignore it and pay attention to you.
I think using make up will just show it up more.

Ive desolved my moustache off for the lat few months, best thing I ever did.
I had the shock of my life this morning when i did my daily de-plucking and found a few monstroud dark hairs on my chin, goodness knows how long theyd been there for.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:55 am
I was thinking bleaching, but isn't there something about it needing to be dark for the laser to work? Not sure about that.

It's not the end of the world. My friend's mom refused to do anything about her QUITE noticeable facial hair... it was startling the first couple of times I met her, but I certainly admired her guts.

Channel Frida Kahlo.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:59 am
LOL. Ok, figured I'd have to channel Frida here. Pumping myself up for it.

So, if someone who doesn't know me well comments on it, got any replies?

I'm not so great at come backs, and they tend to come across confrontational. So maybe being prepared will do the trick.

Better than claiming a new religion overnight.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:05 am
nobody will comment on it. one of my best friends has very noticeable facial hair. almost like a beard, on her chin and neck. i think she just outright shaves it (or maybe uses some chemical product, i really don't know), cause sometimes she will have a stubble (it's not that noticeable. i notice.). in all these years that i've known her it wasn't mentioned once by anyone. no reason for it.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:07 am
Thanks dag. You're probably right.

Overthinking it due to old insecurities about it, most likely. But that was then, and this is now.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:28 am
Mushypancakes--

You could gouge out the eyes of all beholders, but people would talk.

Being in custody might interfere with your laser appointments.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:44 pm
mushy.....you don't have to let your hair grow out to have it lasered off!!!

I had laser treatments, and the first thing they would do BEFORE using the laser was to shave the area to be treated.

Lasers do not work like electrolysis...for that you had to let the hair grow.

Who told you you had to let the hair grow out?

Edit: Just found out the answer....a removal site was saying they want some growth so they can see what area needs to be covered....brought back a memory.

I always made my appointments late in the day, after work...by that time, you could rub your fingers around and feel where hairs were, and maybe see them if you looked close...5 o'clock shadow.

That was all they needed....you would go in the the tech would make little marks with a marking pen to generally outline the area to be treated....THEN, she would shave the area....then use the laser.

you know your hair growth patterns, you know when they would be able to see what area needs to be worked on.

It does take a number of treatments, as each individual hair has it's own cycle of being dormant, active, or plain old dead. The laser can only get the hair if it's in the active stage. so...repeat visits at a staggered intervals

mushy...I know this is a sensitive subject...I absolutley hate the fact I'm hairy. Before I knew there were options (or before these options were invented) I felt like I was less of a woman. May sound funny to some, but I bet you know what I mean.

You're always wondering if someone can see this ugly part of you, and what they think.

Yeah...part of the problem IS that your friends and other people do see it, but don't mention it in order to be polite....know what I mean?

Let us know how it turns out.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 06:42 am
YAY! You're right, Chai. I don't have to grow it as much as I figured.

Already had electrolysis, and some of the damn hair came back!!! But yeah.

Gouging eyes out would be cool. Even once the hair is gone. Twisted Evil But that's more just because I've had a streak of bad luck in the "can't keep your eyes and mouth to yourself" business.

Who in the hell do some people think they are blatantly commenting on our bodies like they are meat?! There. Feel better already.

Chai, you nailed it. I carried this along with me for a long time, and finally I am starting to not feel so bad about it. It's memories. Cruel, idiotic people.

But F em. Smile

I'm just glad that my mornings will be more hassle free now. Won't have to worry again.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 07:17 am
Mushypancakes--

My mother made it very clear to me that Personal Questions and Personal Comments were Not Nice.

Evidently a lot of people in this world don't have mothers.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 08:50 am
Funny, "those" people always seem to have something to say about a feature you have absolutely no control over….Well, ya know…if I could stop hair from growing out of areas of my body where it doesn't belong through sheer willpower, I'd do it.

Ok, joking now (kinda). Have you ever found yourself in casual association with someone whose ancestors were obviously from Norway, Denmark or Sweden? They'll be sitting there gazing with their crystal blue eyes at their 6 foot long tanned legs stretched before them, and say, "Oh, I only have to shave my legs once every 2 or 3 years" Then, a sudden breeze gets caught up in their long blond hair. The zephyrs play amongst their golden tresses, tumbling the locks down to cover their hairless arms.

Meanwhile, you sit there like a troll that grew up under a bridge, cursing your Slavic potato farming ancestors. It's no consolation they needed to grow dark fur pelts to survive the frigid cold.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 09:11 am
LOL. Slavic, French, we're all hairy and we're all SEXY. Smile

Oh lord yes. It's something that will actually never leave my mind. My first serious, serious bf - nearly got married - was from a family of blue eyed blond long legged sausage and beer eaters. lol.

His mother was, well, insane, and would make fun of me pretty badly. "darky dwarf" was how she said she loved me...yeah...good times...

her and his sister bitching about a blonde hair on their legs...god..kill me already...here I am with close to a beard ...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 09:43 am
darky dwarf....oh my god....my worst nightmare.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:29 am
Mushypancakes--

...and when you marry a man, you marry his family...

You're a lucky woman.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Girl hair question: Boys Out
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 10:36:51