My Guitar Player Had A Heart Attack

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 06:34 am
he's the baby... only just turned 50... put a stent in 2 80% blocked arteries and are monitoring and going to try drugs on one that's 70% blocked..... I told that boy to quit smolking.... I want everyone I care for to QUIT F*CKING SMOKING!!!!!

Then look at your diet and exercise habits please.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 592 • Replies: 17
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 06:37 am
Way ahead of you, but thanks for the concern.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 06:41 am
Hopefully he stays ok for now.

Both my parents smoke. Pretty f'n stupid.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 07:04 am
Ok, Ive started smoking...and now Ive quit.

Jokes aside,I hope he gets better.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 07:46 am
Bi- That sucks. I hope that he is feeling better, and learns how to live w/o cigarettes. His life may just depend on it!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 08:25 am
he is also fairly sedentary and as I recall is not particular about what he eats although that could have changed over the years.... I really hope he makes some major changes... these guys from the old band are the closest thing to real life brothers I have and I'm the oldest.... I don't want to bury one of them......
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 08:34 am
smoking is awful

bear...your friend is living in an amazing time. There are some cardiac drugs out there that do things that were never before possible.

However, he does need to partner with his health care providers, and do his part.

The good news is, he can actually be better than he was before.

I wish him well.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 08:37 am
Bi- I hope that the experience has scared him enough to change his ways. Over the years, I have seen many people who died in their early 60's of cardiovascular disease. These were the "Type "A's", overweight smokers, who truly believed that French fries counted as a healthy vegetable.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 08:38 am
Good luck to him, BPB. Chai is right - modern medicine has come a long way in regards to cardiovascular medicine.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 10:39 am
Bear
Bear, it's hard to watch those you love damage their health. I hope he gets the message and stays well.

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 11:51 am
just got an email... second stent sucessfully in.... I suspect in a few days he'll be felling a hell of a lot better.... I remarked to squinney this past spring when we did our reunion that he didn't look healthy.....
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:01 pm
BPB,

My younger brother is a guitarist. Decades of working in clubs resulted in both heavy drinking and heavy smoking. He gave up drinking in the 1990's, but didn't stop smoking until five years ago. He said giving up smoking was much harder than giving up drinking.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:34 pm
I started smoking regularly when I was 10 I smoked heavily for 30 years and quit when I was 41, cold turkey. A real bitch.

Giving up cocaine was much easier.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 10:15 pm
hint, hint, hint.......

How many avatars have cigarettes (or cigars, or pipes) in them?

There is a lesson to be drawn from that (somewhere)......
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 04:18 am
Best to your friend for a speedy and complication-free recovery.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 05:27 am
lezzles wrote:
hint, hint, hint.......

How many avatars have cigarettes (or cigars, or pipes) in them?

There is a lesson to be drawn from that (somewhere)......

What's the lesson?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 06:43 am
1Rabbit are evil

2Bunny fur smells really funky with two day old cigarrette smoke

3Rabbits dont give a **** about anybody but themselves

4Smoking rabbits should be banned.

What Chai said. My cardiologist is about 10 years younger than me and she's sorta depressed at how"Cardiologists used to be the edge of the envelope in medicine" Now, she says" We are more like mechanics dispensing all the new stuff that chemists and engineers have designed"

Poor baby.

I remember when theyd have to light the fuse on the end of the dynamite load and lower it into a blast hole while it was lit.
Now, we dont even use dynamite anymore.

Cardiac care is a way of manageing a chronic illness, stuff that was fatal even 10 years ago, is a "maneageable lifestyle thing" today.

Of course, tell yer axman that he shouldnt walk around with a loaded poison stick in his mouth, tell him to find another way to manage his desire to suck on something. :wink:
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 04:31 pm
Chai wrote:
[What's the lesson?

I dunno! I'm just as confused as the next person. Shocked

It just struck me as somewhat funny that Bi-Polar Bear posts a screed bemoaning a friend being laid low by smoking when he uses an avatar depicting himself as a super-cool-devil-of-a-dude with a cigarette in his mouth.

Not condemning, just thought it funny.

That led my train of thought to other smoking avatars - yourself, dlowan, kickycan, ticomayah, to name a few.

I also thought it funny that farmerman pounced on deb. :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My Guitar Player Had A Heart Attack
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:12:51