Deciphering a Dream

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 06:57 am
Right, I had a dream last night and I was just wondering if anyone could help me decipher any meaning it might have.

It started with me thinking about booking some driving lessons and my theory test. I basically rang this number and it ended up in this meeting with a cheery woman. She offered me the driving lessons asked how many I wanted and I told her just the one for now, seen as I just wanted to try it out and see how it went.

Next I meet this older guy who I guessed was supposed to be my driving instructor. He led me through, almost a shopping store, round the shelves and stuff, then I got distracted by something or slowed down and basically lost sight of this guy.

I heard him call my name from a way away and hurried towards his voice. I came to this massive hall full of mostly empty padded benches (kinda like the sort you get in an airport departures lounge, just softly padded chairs all stuck together) there were a few doors to the left so I joined the few other people and took a seat on the edge of one of the benches, nearest the doors. I watched for a while and then saw a guy in one of the rooms another young person had just walked out of, who looked like my driving instructor.

I got up and walked in, and sat down opposite him at this little desk with a computer and some paperwork on. I wasn't entirely sure if he WAS my instructor, so I just said "Hi, I got a bit lost." and he smiled and replied "Oh it doesn't matter, a few people do." then he looked a bit confused because I was waiting for him to tell me something. So he said "Just wait outside with the others and someone'll call you in."

I went outside and the room was now PACKED full of people. I took a seat on the end of the benches again and waited. People got called forward and I was wondering how they knew which room to go in and how I would know.

It turned out that as their names got called a little sign would pop up out of the wall near one of the doors (almost like those guns which pop up a little sign saying 'bang!')

So, I waited and realised also that there was a big list of names up on the wall way above me, with 10 or so names in an almost alphabetical order, mainly from first name. My name came up and then was shouted and a little sign popped up outside my instructor's door. I went in again and said "Hope I'm in the right place now!" He laughed and said, "Yeah, I'm sure you are."

(This is the most important part I think..) Basically went on to read things out from his cards, and he kept getting oddly close to my face as he shifted on his chair. I sort of saw it as a game and brought my face towards his, kinda trying to get him to kiss me. He almost did a couple of times, then hissed "What are you doing?!" though you could see he wasn't really ANGRY, he just knew it was wrong..

Next this little kinda grey/grey-y blonde haired person walked in, with really short hair. I think it was a she, so she went and sat down at a computer on the right hand side of the room behind my 'instructor'. He asked her what she was doing and that he was busy. She replied something and stayed, although I was a little uncomfortable. I can't remember if THIS was where my instructor asked what I was doing... hmm..

Anyway, I was wondering who this short-haired person was. My instructor dropped his cards and went to pick them up and I realised he wasn't that attractive from behind, but he was from the front. Question !!!

Anyhoo, does anyone think this has any meaning?? Now that I've written it down it doesn't seem to have as much as in my head, maybe I'm missing something important..

Just wondering, because I DID feel there was some kinda of meaning there.. Maybe this short-haired person distracting me from something? Meh.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 423 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:47 am
The driving is probably just a framework for the whole thing, although the instructor was older and male and may symbolize a father figure.

You waited for a while and felt anxiety while waiting (what if they don't call me? What if I'm in the wrong place?) but eventually it was confirmed although you needed a second confirmation (the instructor telling you that you were in the right place, in addition to your name coming up). You may or may not have been wishing for the instructor to get close to you, but that also caused further anxiety because when he got too close he pushed himself away. You didn't have a part of that (the pushing away part) but you kept coming back for more even though you were unsuccessful. Then tbe blond shows up and is also an authority figure but is a source of annoyance because of the interruptions but ultimately that person also is a source of control over you or at least is trying to be.

It appears to me that it symbolizes having or wishing for control but having someone else take the reins. Plus you have two authority figures seeking to control you, and contending over you, but the one that is more attractive to you prevails.

Do you have any recent events in your life that might relate to this? E. g. is school starting and you don't have any control over your classes, or you don't have a lot of authority at work or something like that?

Anyway, that's my take on it.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 11:52 am
Hmm, thanks, I like some of those ideas.

I dunno, maybe it could be work. My main boss is stressing me out.. I have three generally sometimes more different people in charge each week. Only one of them is constantly telling me what to do and not giving me time to think. She has shortish grey hair....

My boyfriend has also been dictating what happens in our relationship aswell; telling me to wait and again I've been waiting around for him all day just to be told he can't be bothered coming over.

It's been distracting me, I suppose again that's another thing to consider..

I'm kinda depressed from my dad moving to Spain aswell, haven't seen him since february, haven't spoken to him in months either.

Anymore ideas?
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 02:45 pm
I guess I was also looking for some kind of acceptance from this guy, some sign that he could care for me and want me, like my boyfriend can't express or doesn't actually feel.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 04:32 pm
Ah, that's the crux of it, I think.

Seems like you do what you can to please these men -- either the boyfriend in waking life or this authority figure in dreamland -- and neither of them is demonstrative toward you, and the dream figure is downright rejecting. Which I think is your fear, that you are doing whatever you can for your waking life relationship but you're not getting a lot of satisfaction out of it. And, instead, you're afraid that it's a sign of rejection but that maybe you're not reading it right.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 06:08 pm
Your father, by moving to Spain, would also seem to have rejected you??
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Deciphering a Dream
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:12:47