Gang activity on Maryland roads

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 01:49 pm
This was in the Baltimore edition of The Examiner this morning:

Officials caution motorists about gangs on I-68 and I-70

Gangs are targeting motorists on Interstates 68 and 70 as part of an initiation, police say.
Homeland Security and Maryland State Police are cautioning motorists about picking up what appear to be hitchhikers and stranded motorists along the highways.
Gang members rely on women and children to pose as hitchhikers and stranded motorists, then steal their cars.
The gang members drive around in the stolen vehicle with no headlights on or with their high-beam lights on. The first vehicle to flash them with high-beams becomes their target, police say, and they are required to chase and shoot at their target as their final step. The gangs intend to have new membership drives on Friday and Saturday nights over the next several weeks. Gang members who have moved from the Baltimore and Washington areas are relocating to the Frederick, Hagerstown, Hancock an Cumberland areas, police say. -Dorothy Rowley

What the hell???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 553 • Replies: 8
No top replies

mismi

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 01:59 pm
It's happening here in Alabama as well. Mexican gang members require shooting so many cars as one of the initiations into their gangs. Happened to my MIL's boss driving home 7:30 at night...fortunately no one was hurt this time...but the problem is - finding them. Most of them aren't registered here in America. That is what scares me the most. No way to pursue or find them unless you catch them in the act. And unfortunately it seems by the time the authorities get there they have vanished. I am scared to drive anywhere at night now.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 02:06 pm
What about the murder of the college students up in New Jersey?
Turns out the leader is an illegal immigrant.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 03:22 pm
mismi40 wrote:
It's happening here in Alabama as well. Mexican gang members require shooting so many cars as one of the initiations into their gangs. Happened to my MIL's boss driving home 7:30 at night...fortunately no one was hurt this time...but the problem is - finding them. Most of them aren't registered here in America. That is what scares me the most. No way to pursue or find them unless you catch them in the act. And unfortunately it seems by the time the authorities get there they have vanished. I am scared to drive anywhere at night now.

Our government is focusing on fixing Iraq, when they should be focusing on what's happening here on our own highways.

Rolling Eyes typical
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:10 pm
Dang illegals sure get around. There are carjackings everywhere!

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,138467,00.html

Quote:
Mum hangs on to moving car by door
August 12, 2007

HER car was being hijacked and Ipoh clerk Surianty Surifin was in a frenzy - her two young sons were in the back seat.

The police with Mdm Surianty's car, which was hijacked by robbers with her two sons, aged 3 and 1, still inside. The robbers eventually had to abandon the car when it ran out of petrol.
Desperate to save them, the 30-year-old clung on to the door of the moving vehicle and was dragged along the road for 100m.

But it wasn't Madam Surianty's courage which saved her boys. It was an empty fuel tank.

The New Straits Times reported that Madam Surianty had taken her sons, Mohd Fahrul Alif (left, in pink), 1, and Mohd Alif Rohaizad (left), 3, shopping on Thursday afternoon.

She stopped at a toy shop and left the boys in her Proton Saga as she ran in to buy something for them.

When Madam Surianty returned to the car, a man shoved her inside and took the driver's seat.

Quote:

Judy Sexwale 'well' after hijack
19/07/2007 11:06 - (SA)

Johannesburg - Judy Sexwale was uninjured and "doing well" on Thursday after she was hijacked outside her son's school in Sandton, the family's spokesperson, Chris Vick told News24.

"I think everyone is relieved she wasn't harmed," Vick said.

Her husband, businessman and former Gauteng premier Tokyo Sexwale, was in Cape Town when the incident occurred, at the Fifa organised "90 minutes for Mandela" soccer match. He would fly down on Thursday to join his family, according to Vick, after completing his hosting duties.

Judy Sexwale was hijacked while picking up their son, Chris from school on Wednesday, at about 11:00.

The incident took place at the back entrance of St David's Marist School in Sandton where she was threatened by three armed men who pulled her from her car, in which they later fled, according to Sapa.

http://iccoventry.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0125nwarksnews/tm_headline=man-sought-after-taxi-hijack&method=full&objectid=19522702&siteid=50003-name_page.html

Quote:
Man sought after taxi hijackJul 26 2007

A MAN on crutches hijacked a taxi in a bizarre robbery in north Warwickshire.

The taxi was called to an address in St Leonard's View, Polesworth, near Atherstone, shortly before 2am on Friday, July 6.

Police said the female taxi driver saw no lights on at the address, but a man suddenly appeared at the door of her cab.

Believing that this was her fare, she got out of the vehicle to help him into the cab but she was grabbed from behind by a second man, who attempted to force her into the car.

She struggled free and the two men got into the car and drove off, leaving her at the side of the road.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:17 pm
This is well horrid, but we have plenty of citizen gang folk (I could say some in higher office). The rush to put this on illegals is unseemly, though I admit I don't know about that particular Maryland or Alabama gang.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:21 pm
This high-beam thing is a tactic I heard being used decades ago - you'd think that they'd have come up with something new by now. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 06:02 am
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/lightsout.asp
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 06:52 am
Ahhhh...the old Urban Legend. Sounds like the gangs thought it might be a good idea according to what happycat posted. Not that big of a stretch honestly. Worse things have happened. I often wonder if the media and all the B.S. that gets posted on the internet is what gives others ideas. Kind of like Jackass the Movie. No matter how stupid or harmful...got to try it out? Maybe?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Gang activity on Maryland roads
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 10:26:46