~ WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME ........... ~

Misti26

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 08:58 pm
When was the last time you spent a quiet moment just doing nothing -- just sitting and looking at the sea, or watching the wind blowing the tree limbs, or waves rippling on a pond, a flickering candle or children playing in the park? When was the last time you didn't have something scheduled, that you could just relax and sit until you were ready to move on?

Sometimes we need time to sort things out. Especially in the hurry-up world where information comes at us with blazing speed. A few peaceful moments now and then can help us to see more clearly, to put things in perspective. There is so much beauty around us, in the things we hurry past every day. Beauty that can, if we let it, spark our creativity, provide balance, give us strength and inspire us. It is important to have a time when we let down our defenses, just accepting and enjoying the beauty around us.

Stop every now and then. Just stop and enjoy. Take a deep breath. Relax and take in the abundan! ce of life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,486 • Replies: 20
No top replies

eoe

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 09:05 pm
I sit outside on the patio, looking out at the trees and birds and squirrels and stuff. My husband doesn't understand it but this is how I relax. Just sittin' and chilliin'.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 09:17 pm
Every night I light up my pipe and take a stroll through my property. Just viewing my animals fills me with inner peace. Watching my capybaras roll in the mud, playfully nipping at each other, hearing the call of the slender loris piercing the night air, watching the ducks floating on the pond, staring with fascination as my giant squid probes the beach with his giant tentacles, searching for a tender morsel. I see these things and I realize how lucky I am. Most people are as you describe -- frenzied, hectic, schedule-keeping lunatics who haven't the time to appreciate true beauty.
It's all here at my swamp. I am the luckiest man alive.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 09:26 pm
eoe, I understand you perfectly .... you're on a natural high, and that's how it's supposed to be:)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 09:28 pm
Gustav, when you KNOW you're the luckiest man alive, you definitely are!!!

That's my kind of walk:)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 09:29 pm
Actually, Gustav, I envy you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 12:35 am
I make sure I take the time every day to enjoy the peace around me. In the spring and summer my garden and the ocean are my joys. In the fall I love to watch the leaves turn. I love the beginning of winter when we have our first snowfall, but that feeling goes away after awhile since we get lots of snow up this way and the winters are very long.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 07:36 am
Though countless people have told me it's a Bad Idea I like to lay down with Little Mo each night as he falls asleep. We whisper to each other a little bit and then our breathing falls into sync and he floats away for many hours.

It usually takes about a half hour for us to preform this ritual and during that short time I find the days worries and stress' float away too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 07:40 am
It's NOT a bad idea! It's a lovely idea.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 07:47 am
Thanks sozobe. Most people seem to think that I am simply making his sleep dependant on my presence.

So far that hasn't been the case.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 07:49 am
Most peole don't know what the heck they're talking about. Razz
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 08:13 am
Im sitting here with my coffee, I just got back from the store and Im looking out on the bay.Early This morning we had some eagles come and land on the community dock with their salmon catches, so no one dared venture to any boats. We all just let the eagles play around at their schedule. They were there for quite awhile just eating and nutsing around
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 08:28 am
sozobe wrote:
Most peole don't know what the heck they're talking about. Razz

Laughing I agree! Boomerang, I think it is a fine nighttime ritual and won't harm Little Mo at all. Much better to show lots of love & companionship. I envy you, we haven't had a young child around for years.

Farmerman -- Nothing like some eagles nutsing around - that must have been quite a sight!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 10:20 am
The other evening I watched the news on TV for about 30 minutes. It was the usual death, scandal, misery driven stuff. Depressing
I turned the set off & sat there looking at the blank screen, lit a ciggie, opened a beer & for 15 minutes wallowed in a little nostalgia about the good old days, before I turned the TV on.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 02:50 pm
Boomerang
I agree with the others and use to do the same thing with my son :-)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 02:53 pm
Thanks to all of you for your support; it's good to get some feedback that I'm not going to "ruin" this kid's sleep for ever and ever because of our habit.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 03:01 pm
Not a chance Boomerang. If anything you're creating an important bond. Happy trails ;-)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 08:35 pm
Boomerang, most kids today would benefit so much from that little act. What a way to go to sleep! Keep up the good work:)

Farmerman, I would love to have seen those eagles. How about sending us a picture?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 08:41 pm
Watching my dog sleeping and waking up as the sun rises always does it for me....a great way to start my day.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 08:51 pm
I'm just grateful to wake up every day, folks. :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » ~ WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME ........... ~
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 03:45:04