I forget my Cybermanners...

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 11:58 am
I am not real good at technology and at times I forget my manners online. I am sorry I just busted in here posting willy nilly and never really introduced myself or said hello - except for one person...Thanks OssoBucco...anyway...

I am from Alabama - (I know - immediate presumptions made) I tell people we like folks to think we are backwards here because it keeps people from wanting to come to this lovely place and screwing it all up. Whether it is true or not - well..I suppose that is in the eye of the beholder. I think I am pretty average... but my husband/ 2nd cousin thinks I am brilliant (joking - about the 2nd cousin and thinking I am brilliant...he just likes me a whole lot).

I am 41 and have twin boys that are 7 and a 4 year old. My boys just started school today and my 4 year old and I have been playing with the aquadoodle and surfing the internet. He can find any information he needs to...a real whiz kid...and I really love playing with the aquadoodle...okay it has progressed from an introduction to trying too hard to entertain so I will leave you with how much I have enjoyed this forum...I am a little scared of some of you but most of you seem to be nice folks...maybe I'll get a thicker skin being here...we'll see.

look forward to seeing you all around...
mismi
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 674 • Replies: 15
No top replies

littlek

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:04 pm
Welcome mismi40!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:09 pm
Thank you!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:10 pm
Welcome to A2K, mismi40!

Ossobuco was one of the first A2Kers I chatted with also.

No need to be afraid of anyone. (It is only cyberspace.)

I do not know if I acquired a "thicker skin", but I have become more tolerant of viewpoints that are vastly different than my own.
0 Replies

massmutual

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:12 pm
Re: I forget my Cybermanners...
mismi40 wrote:
I am not real good at technology and at times I forget my manners online. ''''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''' am a little scared of some of you but most of you seem to be nice folks..''''''''''''''''

mismi

welcome and stick with the nice folks, the scary ones are easty to spot after a while
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:14 pm
Hi mismi. Good to meet you. Have fun!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:15 pm
Welcome, mismi40. I love the song, "Stars Fell on Alabama."
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:31 pm
Ok, you've had all the nice people come on to say welcome, so now it's time to meet me.

Another one to watch out for is that Lash....see my signature line below.

Seriously though, don't be too quick to take offense here, if certain people start messing with you, that's just a signal you've been approved.

If you get a thread dedicated to you regarding some bodily function, you know you've "arrived"
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:36 pm
Thank you all...

That is funny Chai...I am looking forward to it...I will say - my boys are so impressed at how well I burp on demand...Shoot! there goes any chance of anyone considering me lady-like. Oh well... :wink:

Thanks for the info...I can see you all have a good time! I like that!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:40 pm
Hi mismi, welcome!

Dang, your kids are in school already? My 6-year-old (7 soon enough) daughter doesn't start school for a few weeks yet. I'm very ready for school to start. Very, very ready. Shocked
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:44 pm
They are! August has pretty much been taken away from us here! I was actually kind of sad...but mainly because of no more sleeping late and all the push push push to get on the bus...makes for 5 very hectic mornings...although...today has been great. The first day I have actually not had to break up scuffles and peel twin 7 year olds away from their Play Station. My 4 year old is a breeze! He is happy playing here with me while I read. Good boy!

Good to meet you - thanks for the welcome!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:48 pm
Yeah, that's early... do they get out of school early too (May?) or do you guys get longer vacations and stuff?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:53 pm
Welcome to a2k, mismi!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 01:01 pm
Thanks Mac11!

Yes, We get out around May 23rd. I think it is the same number of days - just shifted...and actually they are really pushing to go to year around school...I am really not quite sure about that. I like the long summer...I can't quite put my finger on if it is mostly nostalgia of how much I loved my summer's or the fact that I would not get one really long break from the schedule...and plenty of pool days!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 05:51 pm
Helloooo

The only part of Alabama I've been to is Gadsden. I think.

It was a long time ago and I used to travel a lot -- not saying it wasn't memorable, I'm just admitting to creeping senility.

Ever come up Northwards? All of the heat but a distinct lack of grits. Smile
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 05:53 pm
I do get to come North some...not often now that I have three little ones. Hard to travel with them. My husband does. Would live in Boston if I let him I think! Thanks so much for the welcome...I am enjoying it here immensley.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I forget my Cybermanners...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 06:19:56