Dagmaraka is going to give me nightmares

DrewDad

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 09:21 pm
The goat was happy. So happy she didn't know what to do with herself. So she went and got herself ice skates and went dancing on ice. She was flying about here and there, all giddy. Then she fell and broke her neck and died.
~Slovak fable.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 263 • Replies: 3
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 09:21 pm
heehee..... you wouldn't be the first or last.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:17 am
Why? What? It's merely a fable with a lesson. "Everything in moderation". Don't get too carried away and self-absorbed.

My mother used to refer to it all the time: "Remember what happened to the happy goat!" - because as a child, or even a young adult, heck, to this day, I get carried away with things. When I make a new friend I am all about that person. Or when I start a new thing, a hobby, whatever...I always go through an obsesison honeymoon. That's when the goat comes in handy to remember that it's a pattern...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 10:04 am
Dagmaraka wrote:
On that cheerful note, I bid you farewell and shall retreat to the land of no dreams (where people sleep heavy as slaughtered lambs, as we slovaks say).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Dagmaraka is going to give me nightmares
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:12:36