Honesty Works Best

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 06:41 am
Yesterday when I got to the gym I was locking up my bike when a young man came to me and asked me if I had any money I could spare.

I told him with a big smile "I sure do", and then walked on into the gym.

Bet he doesn't get that so often. Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 598 • Replies: 12
No top replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 06:49 am
you're a wonder. i've never been brave enough to do it, but i've always wanted to.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 06:54 am
how many times have I heard that and then given guidance and loving instruction?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 06:55 am
lol
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 07:26 am
I've done that too. I was a little pissed because there was 3-4 guys hanging out in the ATM booth(it was pretty big). When I turned around from the ATM, one of them was standing right behind me and startled me. He asked for $$ and I told him while smirking "yup, but all I got are fifties."

There's a t-shirt you can buy online that says "yes I have plenty of spare change you homeless piece of s**t."
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 07:40 am
actually I've been known to throw some cash towards a homeless person if they look really down and out..... this kid was wearing nikes, UNC athletic wear and didn't look like he'd recently lost any sleep, meals, or baths.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:18 am
slappy, they were hanging out IN the booth?

weren't you afraid they were there to rob people? If I see people around the ATM, I don't go up to it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 11:06 am
This bozo I couldn't stand in college - that he was so hot and cool - once came up to me and said, I know you hate me. I said no I don't hate you, I don't hate anybody, but I intensely dislike.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 11:18 am
The panhandlers are epic around town....I see this same woman...setting up in her location around town...cutting up, laughing with her homeless pimp man...then, she sees people approaching and strikes her pitiful pose...<grrr>

One day I passed her and she spoke to me in this really assy voice.

I turned to her and said "I wouldn't give you ****. I've seen you around town. I've got your number, sister. I dare you to ever speak to me again."

My daughter's eyes bugged out of her head.

I arch my eyebrow at that woman every time I see her.

I think I'll punch her in the throat if she ever dares to speak tome again.

Then, she may actually need help.

Now, the kids tease me....when they feign anger at each other, it's all, "I've got your number, sister..."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 12:05 pm
Back in the 90's there was a guy in San Francisco who worked an intersection with the gig "Spare Change Dot Com". Too funny.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 02:58 pm
Chai wrote:
slappy, they were hanging out IN the booth?

weren't you afraid they were there to rob people? If I see people around the ATM, I don't go up to it.

It was a huge booth, with a bunch of ATM's in downtown Boston. There was a corner they were all sitting in because it was winter.

Could see how it was intimidating though. Some girl who was by herself asked me if I would walk in and stand there while she got money as I was leaving.

(So I did....then after walking out I followed her and robbed her).
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 03:26 pm
In a slightly different way there was a guy in yorkshire that found a moneyeybag full of cash, at todays exchange rate about $35000.

What had happenend was that this guy couldn't get into his car on a freezing cold winter morning so he put his cash bag on the roof of his car and when he had fiddled about with his car door to get it open he forgot about the cash bag and during the course of his journey it fell off the roof of the car

The man that found it was a long term unemployed man who didn't have a pot to piss in and the owner of the cashbag was gracious enough to thank him for his honesty in returning it

I'm sure the gratitude kept the homeless guy warm as he slept in his cardboard box that night
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:20 pm
For people who find money, and are worried about whether or not they'll get a reward for returning it: KEEP THE MONEY.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Honesty Works Best
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:09:59