EarSplitiingLoudenBoomers

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 08:57 pm
I'm sitting here listening to another desert thunder storm roll over with the lightening and thunder and an occasional drop of rain wishing for more, rain.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 451 • Replies: 18
No top replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 08:58 pm
*cheers*

Here's hoping your rain comes Dys. Wish I could send you some from here.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 09:03 pm
I'm listening to the same boomers (haven't gone out and looked for lightening tonight). Raindrops? Naah. Rumble.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 09:50 pm
I hear loud boomers too, but it's a firework from nearby Sea World.
They've got fireworks going every night. Rain? What's rain?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 09:55 pm
It was a phenomenon where I used to live. Where we were, we had a lot of drizzle and some occasional serious rains (I do remember serious rains in LA, the 4 day type), nothing too exciting, but in places like Honeydew, somewhat south of us, they got 100 inches a year...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 09:55 pm
even after almost 150 days of straight rain, I wish it would rain again here.

A nice loud thunder boomer would be perfect.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 09:59 pm
Since I moved to So California I never though I'd miss thunderstorms. But I do.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 10:04 pm
We had them in Venice once in a while, Nick, but they were rare upon the land. We had a small ca bungalow with a giant front porch, and I remember watching the lightening from the porch....
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 10:32 pm
Some of the loudest thunder I ever heard boomed here last night. RAIN. Rain. And more rain.

I'm an Easterner. Don't understand thunder and lightning without the rain. I thought the three were inextricably linked. Another bubble boist.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 10:40 pm
Well, Robbie, my experience of thunder and lightening is from my somewhat eastern childhood (tornado hit Evanston! whatever year that was) and I was also used to my zillion years in LA with little thunder and lightening. In Eureka, just like in the east, they T & L came along with rain.

But here, weird...

Dys and Diane live probably a mile and a half away as the crow flies, annoyingly more by car, longer by foot with snow or high temp. Dys will tell me it rained, and I'll say, no it didn't. And yet we got the same noise macchina with it, or without it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 10:42 pm
So, it seems we have very specific rain, pouring relatively vertically exactly there, or there.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 10:47 pm
Nothing like desert storms......
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 10:49 pm
Gone now.

I have to work up an instinct for when to shut down the computer and when not to get all worried.

So far so good...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 11:08 pm
Osso, I've heard thunder in Manhattan while it's raining in Queens or Brooklyn. But the thunder I'm hearing is distant.

So you turn off the computer when there's an electical storm? A friend of mine refuses to talk on the phone if there's lightning--despite the fact that the lines here are all underground.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 11:19 pm
Only because I'm told to - people have talked about it in various a2k threads. When it gets extra wacko, I do shut the syestem down, including modem.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 05:32 am
Hot and dry like a desert (except for the humidity) here FORECAST
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 05:43 am
Not much change today in dys-land and terra-osso:

http://i15.tinypic.com/63u78yv.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 05:56 am
baxk home we have an old farm house on which we put a rollew sewam metal roof. It has a rap around porch under which we can sit during thunder strorms and just rock away on the porch rockers. We have a foryune in lightning protection cause qwere on top of a rise and we get struck at least once a year. Before the lightning rods we used to lose water ppumps and once we had a fire in a bASEMENT beam.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 07:07 am
Dry storms are a bugger, they start fires all over the ranges.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » EarSplitiingLoudenBoomers
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 05:09:42