NOT IN POLITE COMPANY

Amigo

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 01:18 am
sozobe wrote:
Nope. I've said as much before, but they're both topics I discuss IRL as well as here.

I usually feel people out before I bring things up, but with my family and people I know well, they're both subjects that are oft-discussed. (In fact, a squeamishness about discussing one or both tends to nudge people more into the "friendly acquaintance" category for me, since I don't want to have to censor myself too much with a good friend.)

Question: What do you think of t-shirts that proclaim a political or religious belief? I got my Obama Mama t-shirt in the mail, but find I'm somewhat reluctant to wear it as I continue to feel out the community that I live in now. I'd wear it without a second thought amongst people I know well.

Hi sozobe, What if you saw another women wearing her "Obama mama" t-shirt and then you decided to wear your Obama shirt and them somebody that saw your shirt decided it was alright to put that Obama bumper sticker on their car.............and so on and so on

There are times and places when political conversations are misplaced, distasteful and anti-productive. I think we can mostly agree on these.

You may find this trivial dilemma of wearing your "Obama Mama" deeper then you think. I had a similar expireance a long time ago and in the end I said to myself "somebodys gat to do it" and I also thought about the many sacrafices that had been made before me for me to just drop the ball.

Look at Rosa Parks.

Of course I'm from California. When I was in Kentucky it was very different. Their were confederate flag on the flag polls on the front lawns with no American flag. I don't know where you live. Your safety is in your own hands.

The shirt is tasteful and paid for. What are you going to do? Hide it under the bed. Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 08:26:16