I have found my people!!

littlek

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 02:48 pm
I have long said I worship the natural world. That covers the universe to the the forest lot on the corner of many streets in the world. I have found those who believe as I do that "Recognizing nature as our guide, we will work to encourage a more sustainable lifestyle based in exploring and celebrating the interconnectedness of all living things and the Earth."

Church Of Deep Ecology

Ah..... now back to school work.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 436 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 03:19 pm
Yeah, I was with them for a while.

Thing is, you have to sleep with their leader, which was actually cool with me because he resembled an androgynous Shelly Long, if that makes sense.

What really wore on me though were his rock concerts. He'd put on these elaborate one man shows and rock out on a flying V, and we all had to pretend it was great. It wasn't that great.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 03:21 pm
rock concerts! I get it!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 03:23 pm
I hugged a tree once't . . . really skinned up my nose badly . . .
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 03:25 pm
His name was Ffvxnk.

And he loved puns.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 03:25 pm
I hugged a tree once.. damn thing wouldnt let me go. I had to use my pocket knife to get out.

It sucks being irresistable sometimes..
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 03:28 pm
I am doing a unit on ecology right now - for 3-4 grade. I have always been attuned to ecosystems and ecology, but sometimes you just have to, well, make a buck.

So, for the last two days, I've been destroying a meadow by hand. It'll be replanted. But, this meadow is on a slope above a pond and the soil is sandy. Makes for a bad scene if given a chance. (sand-->pond). The earth there was crawling with rolly-polies (pill bugs), daddy longlegs, and a variety of spiders. The matt of vegetation was dense and held the sandy soil with a vice like grip. Now it's all gone. Sigh. Anyway, it was fun to find this website.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 08:55 pm
nimh wrote:
I hugged a tree once.. damn thing wouldnt let me go. I had to use my pocket knife to get out.

It sucks being irresistable sometimes..

I know what you mean. Sometimes, you have to chew your arm off to get away from 'em. That's why I type so slowly.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 08:36 am
littlek wrote:
I am doing a unit on ecology right now - for 3-4 grade. I have always been attuned to ecosystems and ecology, but sometimes you just have to, well, make a buck.

So, for the last two days, I've been destroying a meadow by hand. It'll be replanted. But, this meadow is on a slope above a pond and the soil is sandy. Makes for a bad scene if given a chance. (sand-->pond). The earth there was crawling with rolly-polies (pill bugs), daddy longlegs, and a variety of spiders. The matt of vegetation was dense and held the sandy soil with a vice like grip. Now it's all gone. Sigh. Anyway, it was fun to find this website.

Your post reminds me of a Donald Barthleme story you might enjoy. It's very short.

THE SCHOOL
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:24 pm
That's great, Garg.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:37 pm
Church Of Deep Ecology?

Were do I sign?
----------------------

"Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." --Edward Abbey
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:40 pm
Follow the link to redemption!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:40 pm
You got it sister.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I have found my people!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 07:46:08