Answers to emode.com IQ test ( "the original IQ test" )

ifight2giveitall

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 06:04 pm
*Two girls caught 25 frogs. Lisa caught four times as many as Jen did. How many frogs did Jen catch?

I'm pretty sure the answer is 5. And I personally think Lisa's a bitch for keeping all the frogs to herself.

*Even the most ___________ rose has thorns.
Ugly
Weathered
Lonely
Noxious
Tempting

The answer is Noxious. Because in Kentucky, they have a lot of roses. And outside of Fort Noxious some prickly rose bushes.

* LIVED is to DEVIL as 6323 is to:

They're clearly referring to the DEVIL as some one who LIVED. However, by saying he LIVED, they're implying he died. But the devil isn't dead, he just went down to Georgia. And since one of the area codes of Georgia is 706, and 7+0+6=13, the answer must have to add up to 13. Like…6232.

6232. Final answer.

Oh, one more thing.

Is it too early to say, "Who you're daddy?"

* HAND is to Glove as HEAD is to
Hair
Hat
Neck
Earring
Hairpin

Trick question. It's not just that a glove goes on a hand. That's too easy. It's also that the "G" of glove comes before the "H" in hand. So the correct answer would have to be something that you would put on your head that also starts with the letter "G." Like, y'know "gel," or a "green hat," or "girl's genitalia." And since there aren't any, I guess I'm supposed to leave it blank.

These people. They can't fool me.

* * is to * as * is to:

Obviously, these are all famous sets of breasts. The first set is Madonna. The second, Pamela Anderson. The third, Bea Arthur. So I bet A is the answer because it reminds everyone of Pamela Anderson again. And who doesn't like to be reminded of that?

* John likes 400 but not 300; he likes 100 but not 99; he likes 2500 but not 2400. Which does he like?

Um, okay. A couple of questions before we begin.

1. Who likes numbers?
2. Who likes numbers enough to determine a difference between liking 400 but not liking 300?
3. And who, even if they did like numbers, would give permission to an IQ test to use their name and publicly admit they like the number 2500?

WELCOME TO THE WORLD'S SCARIEST CONVERSATIONS

JOHN: Hey Bobby, what's going on?

BOBBY: Ah, nothing. Just listening to some Incubus. I like them a lot. How about you?

JOHN: Oh, I'm just looking at this piece of paper with the number 400 on it. I like the number 400 a lot.

BOBBY: Freak.

And so, since John's some kooky weird number stalker, I'm not going to even waste my time trying to figure out what bizarre logic he's using to like which number. So I'm just going with 1000 because that's one of my favorite numbers.

But that's only between us.

* Which number should come next? 144 121 100 81 64?

Obviously the answer is 50. Because on the night of January 17, 1950, a group of armed, masked men pulled off the Brinks Robbery in Boston, dragging bags containing $1,218,211.29 in cash and $1,557,183.83 in checks, money orders and other securities. Now if you divide 1,557,183.83 by 1,218,211.29, you get 1.27854. Interestingly, while some people might think the answer is supposed to be 49 (7 x 7), it's not, but 49 is still important. You see, Wendell Tyler used to be a running back for the 49ers and his number was 26. Not so coincidentally, if you take 1.27854 and add up the 2, 7, 8, 5 and 4, you get 26, which thereby eliminates the 27854 part of 1.27854, leaving you with 1. Hence, the answer is not the obvious 49, but rather 49 + 1= 50.

That friends, is a beautiful mind.

* If you rearrange the letters "ANLDEGN," you would have the name of a(n):
Ocean
Country
State
City
Animal

The answer is animal.

I don't really know how they knew this, but when I was growing up, we had a pet goldfish named Gnanled.

That's the odd thing about these tests. Sometimes, you need brains to know the answer. Sometimes all you need is a small glass bowl filled with water and coral.

* A fallacious argument is:
Disturbing
Valid
False
Necessary

How should I know? Who talks like this?

If someone told me we were having a fallacious argument, I'm afraid I'd have to start another argument, because no one would get away with calling my argument fallacious without me fighting back.

THE LATTER PART OF AN ARGUMENT I WOULD HAVE WITH SOMEONE WHO SAID MY ARGUMENT WAS FALLACIOUS

OTHER PERSON: Please, you have such a fallacious argument.

ME: Oh yeah? Well…your regorstfinling doesn't make much sense, either.

Fallacious, fallacious, fallacious. Um…I'm going with false, because it starts with the same three letters.

Also, that's where I ended on eenie meenie miney mo.

* NASA received three messages in a strange language from a distant planet. The scientists studied the messages and found that "Necor Buldon Slock" means "Danger Rocket Explosion" and "Edwan Mynor Necor" means "Danger Spaceship Fire" and "Buldon Gimilzor Gondor" means "Bad Gas Explosion." What does "Slock" mean?
Danger
Explosion
Nothing
Rocket
Gas

My first question is, were the messages spoken or written? If they were spoken, how do we know they got the correct spelling? And if they were written, is it weird to anyone else that the messages were written using an Earth-based alphabet? Also, what did they get on their SATs?

At any rate, I've never been really good with foreign languages, especially ones from a different solar system. But by using innate logic, I'm guessing "Slock" means Gas. Because slock sounds like sock and a lot of my socks are in the same drawer as my underwear and I usually release a lot of gas into my underwear.

I also have a lot of gas in my car, but that wasn't one of the choices.

* Ann is taller than Jill, and Kelly is shorter than Ann. Which of the following statements would be most accurate?
Kelly is taller than Jill
Kelly is shorter than Jill
Kelly is as tall as Jill
It's impossible to tell

I would have to say that it's impossible to tell, unless I saw them both standing next to each other.

Naked. Kissing.

* A boy is 4 years old and his sister is three times as old as he is. When the boy is 12 years old, how old will his sister be?

Why are all the math problems so complicated?

Why can't they ask questions like:

"If Billy got on a bus at 4:30 which was traveling at 30 MPH, and Billy lived 5 miles away, how long will it take for Billy to get the crap beaten out of him by his old man because he was supposed to be home by 4:00?"

Nevertheless, while I think the answer is supposed to be that his sister will be 20, I'm going with 28 because girls mature faster.

* A car traveled 28 miles in 30 minutes. How many miles per hour was it traveling?

The answer has to be 28. Because the question says the car traveled 28 miles in 30 minutes. It didn't say anything about the car going anywhere over the next 30 minutes.

Tricky? Not for someone like me. Which is why I'd like to say to all those people who've told me I don't have half a brain…nah nah nana nah nah.

I do so have half a brain.

* If all Zips are Zoodles, and all Zoodles are Zonkers, then all Zips are definitely Zonkers.

The above sentence is logically:
True
False
Neither

This is one of those A=B, then B=C kind of questions. There's a trick to answering these. They always try to confuse you by using odd words to throw you off, when in reality, if you rephrase the question in simple terms you can understand, it's actually quite easy.

Watch.

The original:

If all Zips are Zoodles, and all Zoodles are Zonkers, then all Zips are definitely Zonkers.

And now, rephrased in a way I can understand:

If all Britneys with snakes around their necks are Britneys in schoolgirl outfits, and all Britneys in schoolgirl outfits are Britneys in a red leather cat suit, then all Britneys with snakes around their necks are definitely Britneys in a red leather cat suit.

And so, the answer is true.

Let this be a lesson to you: Do as I say. And do as I do.

* In a race from point X to point Y and back, Jack averages 30 miles per hour to point Y and 10 miles per hour back to point X. Sandy averages 20 miles per hour in both directions. Between Jack and Sandy, who finished first?
Jack
Sandy
They tie
Neither
Impossible to tell

Jack. It has nothing to do with the 30 miles per hour and the point X's and Y's, and everything to do with the fact that Jack is faster because he's a boy.

Unless Sandy is a boy. Then they'd tie.
0 Replies

rumzdog

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 01:33 am
the answer on 27 is "grape" because it's the only one w/o a core... thingy... lol. Hey I may not be very articulate but I got the max score on that retarded quiz ;-P
0 Replies

kodiak

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:58 am
Hey m8 ! I'm a student from Lebanon , and i have stumbled across IQ tests and tried to set up one for a couple of subjects for scientific purpose , and i was wondering if u by any chance know how to add up the points which u get for answering correctly to each question of the IQ test u posted on the first page.
Any help would be greatly appreciated !
And if u may plz send the info via mail to : [email protected] And plz do it ASAP !!!

10x in advance
Kodiak
0 Replies

mikeandnee

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 04:41 pm
Answers to emode IQ test
I thought I might clear up a misconception that many people have with question 20, that Jack and Sandy finish at the same time, this is false. Shocked

Quote:

20. In a race from point X to point Y and back, Jack averages 30 miles per hour to point Y and 10 miles per hour back to point X. Sandy averages 20 miles per hour in both directions. Between Jack and Sandy, who finished first?

Answer: sandy

Explanation: jack only catches up at the end

Jack never catches up with Sandy as she is traveling at twice his speed when she passes him! Since Sandy is traveling at 2X Jacks rate of speed from Y to X, she can cover the entire distance from X to Y back to X in the same time as Jack travels back from Y to X ( or 1/2 the distance). In fact, it doesn't matter how far they travel, 100 yards or 100 miles; or even how fast Jack is going from X to Y (say 600 mph) She will always win by 1/2 the distance she has travelled when Jack reaches Y. To determine the distance she will win by, use the formula (D * 20 * Ty)/ 2, where D= distance in miles and Ty= time in hours for Jack to reach Y. Lets say the distance from X to Y is 3 miles and the total distance is 3*2= 6 miles. At 30mph, Jack will reach Y in 6 min or .1 hr and Sandy will have travelled 2 miles in the same 6 mins. At this point Jack slows to 10mph while Sandy maintains a speed of 20mph or 2X Jacks speed. Sandy has 4 miles remaining and Jack has only 3 miles. Since Sandy is now travelling at twice the speed of Jack; she will cover the remaining 4 miles in the same time that Jack travels 2. Therefore, Sandy will finish the race 1 mile ahead of Jack or 1/2 the distance she covered by the time Jack got to the halfway point, Y. I hope this clears up the matter. You can always have your math professor check my caculations and try different distances and speeds for Jack from X to Y so long as you keep the speeds from Y to X the same (10 mph and 20mph), you will always come out with Sandy winning! Very Happy
0 Replies

poprockssuck87

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 07:16 am
The guy who posted this is retarded. He doesn't even know perfect squares....144, 121, 100, 81, 64,....49...retard still thinks that -13, -11, -9... is the way to answer this question....also with the 2500, 400, 100 problem. 900 is the other perfect square. This guy needs to go back to school because these questions are easy and no one cares what you scored and you are a douche that needs a life if you come on this site to find the answers so that you can answer the test and get a perfect score. If you are that retarded then shoot yourself. Please...I am tired of the morons in this world. You don't know anything and then you say a lot of stupid **** that makes everyone know that you don't know anything. Shoot yourself in the face or climb a cliff and jump off or hang yourself or put an end to your meaningless existence in some way I haven't mentioned. I don't care. I am just tired of you dumb MFers acting like you know something...."Well I really have a 300 IQ and this test says I got a 90IQ. What should I do?" First kill yourself for thinking that anyone will be impressed with you lying to everyone about your IQ. (I know that some tests are scaled differently) Second, talking so that you don't contaminate the world with your stupidity. Also, this test is so F-ing easy that if you don't score above a 120 you should die from lack of brain function. Monkeys could push random buttons and do better than you 'tards. This test shows nothing other than if you can match some basic patterns and if you can fill in the blank on the easiest questions you will ever be asked in your life. The only question I can think of that is easier than these is "Are you breathing?" Seriously idiots, if you take this seriously, then you should buy this property on the MOON that I am selling. You can get it for cheap. $100 bucks an acre. ARE YOUR LIVES REALLY THIS LAME? You search answers for IQ test so you know the **** you should have learned in Middle School. You are dumb...face it...you suck at life...die please...the world hates you and that is why they gave you ****-for-brains. The only reason I even found this site is because after I took the test on EBAUMSWORLD I read a comment that you can get the answers. Who ******* wastes their time writing the answers to an easy IQ test? REALLY WHO? Then the guy can't even explain the **** and has to come up with retarded ways that he found his answers (like the ones I mentioned above). Bullets are cheap...you are foolish...put them together. My testicle hair has more intelligence than half of you people. How do you even possess the ability to breed? You'd think that natural selection would've killed you morons off thousands of years ago... you know who I an talking to...you...the guy that sits at the computer and thinks to himself I know a lot and I can continue my life because I believe this lie and if it weren't for the fact that I know a lot I would die...Well guess what? Not only are you a nerd, but you are also one of the rare retarded nerds. That's right...you went through all of the **** in school thinking to yourself that at least I am smarter than these people. "I could kick their butts on WarCraft any day." The joke of life called...it wants you to be its punch line. You need to stop contributing to this worlds destruction. To do this follow these steps...

1. get sharp object
2. impale abdomen with sharp object
3. repeat step 2
4. repeat step 3
5. notice a white light
6. walk toward the light and never look back

repeat process until you are successful...until then don't write on websites about how retarded you are because no one cares...
0 Replies

rapartist67

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 10:54 pm
In case anyone got stuck on the 50th best, 50th worst I believe
question, here is a simple formula that will determine the total:

x (total) = (y (nth of) - 1) * 2 + 1

so...

x = 50 - 1 * 2 + 1
x = 49 * 2 + 1
x = 99

x = (3 - 1) * 2 + 1
x = 2 * 2 + 1
x = 5
0 Replies

wandag

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 07:47 am
Answers ro emode.com IQ test
Quote:
27. Which one of these five things is least like the other four?

answer: grape

explanation: this was a horrible question with multiple answers that made sense.

Grapes don't have pits, they have seeds. The other fruits all have pits: apricot, peach, plum, cherry (I think those were the options).

Smile
0 Replies

wandag

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 07:50 am
emode.com
ifight2giveitall wrote:
*Two girls caught 25 frogs. Lisa caught four times as many as Jen did. How many frogs did Jen catch?

I'm pretty sure the answer is 5. And I personally think Lisa's a bitch for keeping all the frogs to herself.

*Even the most ___________ rose has thorns.
Ugly
Weathered
Lonely
Noxious
Tempting

The answer is Noxious. Because in Kentucky, they have a lot of roses. And outside of Fort Noxious some prickly rose bushes.

* LIVED is to DEVIL as 6323 is to:

They're clearly referring to the DEVIL as some one who LIVED. However, by saying he LIVED, they're implying he died. But the devil isn't dead, he just went down to Georgia. And since one of the area codes of Georgia is 706, and 7+0+6=13, the answer must have to add up to 13. Like…6232.

6232. Final answer.

Oh, one more thing.

Is it too early to say, "Who you're daddy?"

* HAND is to Glove as HEAD is to
Hair
Hat
Neck
Earring
Hairpin

Trick question. It's not just that a glove goes on a hand. That's too easy. It's also that the "G" of glove comes before the "H" in hand. So the correct answer would have to be something that you would put on your head that also starts with the letter "G." Like, y'know "gel," or a "green hat," or "girl's genitalia." And since there aren't any, I guess I'm supposed to leave it blank.

These people. They can't fool me.

* * is to * as * is to:

Obviously, these are all famous sets of breasts. The first set is Madonna. The second, Pamela Anderson. The third, Bea Arthur. So I bet A is the answer because it reminds everyone of Pamela Anderson again. And who doesn't like to be reminded of that?

* John likes 400 but not 300; he likes 100 but not 99; he likes 2500 but not 2400. Which does he like?

Um, okay. A couple of questions before we begin.

1. Who likes numbers?
2. Who likes numbers enough to determine a difference between liking 400 but not liking 300?
3. And who, even if they did like numbers, would give permission to an IQ test to use their name and publicly admit they like the number 2500?

WELCOME TO THE WORLD'S SCARIEST CONVERSATIONS

JOHN: Hey Bobby, what's going on?

BOBBY: Ah, nothing. Just listening to some Incubus. I like them a lot. How about you?

JOHN: Oh, I'm just looking at this piece of paper with the number 400 on it. I like the number 400 a lot.

BOBBY: Freak.

And so, since John's some kooky weird number stalker, I'm not going to even waste my time trying to figure out what bizarre logic he's using to like which number. So I'm just going with 1000 because that's one of my favorite numbers.

But that's only between us.

* Which number should come next? 144 121 100 81 64?

Obviously the answer is 50. Because on the night of January 17, 1950, a group of armed, masked men pulled off the Brinks Robbery in Boston, dragging bags containing $1,218,211.29 in cash and $1,557,183.83 in checks, money orders and other securities. Now if you divide 1,557,183.83 by 1,218,211.29, you get 1.27854. Interestingly, while some people might think the answer is supposed to be 49 (7 x 7), it's not, but 49 is still important. You see, Wendell Tyler used to be a running back for the 49ers and his number was 26. Not so coincidentally, if you take 1.27854 and add up the 2, 7, 8, 5 and 4, you get 26, which thereby eliminates the 27854 part of 1.27854, leaving you with 1. Hence, the answer is not the obvious 49, but rather 49 + 1= 50.

That friends, is a beautiful mind.

* If you rearrange the letters "ANLDEGN," you would have the name of a(n):
Ocean
Country
State
City
Animal

The answer is animal.

I don't really know how they knew this, but when I was growing up, we had a pet goldfish named Gnanled.

That's the odd thing about these tests. Sometimes, you need brains to know the answer. Sometimes all you need is a small glass bowl filled with water and coral.

* A fallacious argument is:
Disturbing
Valid
False
Necessary

How should I know? Who talks like this?

If someone told me we were having a fallacious argument, I'm afraid I'd have to start another argument, because no one would get away with calling my argument fallacious without me fighting back.

THE LATTER PART OF AN ARGUMENT I WOULD HAVE WITH SOMEONE WHO SAID MY ARGUMENT WAS FALLACIOUS

OTHER PERSON: Please, you have such a fallacious argument.

ME: Oh yeah? Well…your regorstfinling doesn't make much sense, either.

Fallacious, fallacious, fallacious. Um…I'm going with false, because it starts with the same three letters.

Also, that's where I ended on eenie meenie miney mo.

* NASA received three messages in a strange language from a distant planet. The scientists studied the messages and found that "Necor Buldon Slock" means "Danger Rocket Explosion" and "Edwan Mynor Necor" means "Danger Spaceship Fire" and "Buldon Gimilzor Gondor" means "Bad Gas Explosion." What does "Slock" mean?
Danger
Explosion
Nothing
Rocket
Gas

My first question is, were the messages spoken or written? If they were spoken, how do we know they got the correct spelling? And if they were written, is it weird to anyone else that the messages were written using an Earth-based alphabet? Also, what did they get on their SATs?

At any rate, I've never been really good with foreign languages, especially ones from a different solar system. But by using innate logic, I'm guessing "Slock" means Gas. Because slock sounds like sock and a lot of my socks are in the same drawer as my underwear and I usually release a lot of gas into my underwear.

I also have a lot of gas in my car, but that wasn't one of the choices.

* Ann is taller than Jill, and Kelly is shorter than Ann. Which of the following statements would be most accurate?
Kelly is taller than Jill
Kelly is shorter than Jill
Kelly is as tall as Jill
It's impossible to tell

I would have to say that it's impossible to tell, unless I saw them both standing next to each other.

Naked. Kissing.

* A boy is 4 years old and his sister is three times as old as he is. When the boy is 12 years old, how old will his sister be?

Why are all the math problems so complicated?

Why can't they ask questions like:

"If Billy got on a bus at 4:30 which was traveling at 30 MPH, and Billy lived 5 miles away, how long will it take for Billy to get the crap beaten out of him by his old man because he was supposed to be home by 4:00?"

Nevertheless, while I think the answer is supposed to be that his sister will be 20, I'm going with 28 because girls mature faster.

* A car traveled 28 miles in 30 minutes. How many miles per hour was it traveling?

The answer has to be 28. Because the question says the car traveled 28 miles in 30 minutes. It didn't say anything about the car going anywhere over the next 30 minutes.

Tricky? Not for someone like me. Which is why I'd like to say to all those people who've told me I don't have half a brain…nah nah nana nah nah.

I do so have half a brain.

* If all Zips are Zoodles, and all Zoodles are Zonkers, then all Zips are definitely Zonkers.

The above sentence is logically:
True
False
Neither

This is one of those A=B, then B=C kind of questions. There's a trick to answering these. They always try to confuse you by using odd words to throw you off, when in reality, if you rephrase the question in simple terms you can understand, it's actually quite easy.

Watch.

The original:

If all Zips are Zoodles, and all Zoodles are Zonkers, then all Zips are definitely Zonkers.

And now, rephrased in a way I can understand:

If all Britneys with snakes around their necks are Britneys in schoolgirl outfits, and all Britneys in schoolgirl outfits are Britneys in a red leather cat suit, then all Britneys with snakes around their necks are definitely Britneys in a red leather cat suit.

And so, the answer is true.

Let this be a lesson to you: Do as I say. And do as I do.

* In a race from point X to point Y and back, Jack averages 30 miles per hour to point Y and 10 miles per hour back to point X. Sandy averages 20 miles per hour in both directions. Between Jack and Sandy, who finished first?
Jack
Sandy
They tie
Neither
Impossible to tell

Jack. It has nothing to do with the 30 miles per hour and the point X's and Y's, and everything to do with the fact that Jack is faster because he's a boy.

Unless Sandy is a boy. Then they'd tie.

FANTASTIC answers!! Very Happy
0 Replies

xtasy

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 02:38 am
@Craven de Kere,
I think u got the #18 wrong (dont wanna be rude or anything), coz u
just cant compare that to #14. I would like to give an example :
If all nerds are poor, and all poor are dirty that doesnt mean that all
dirty are nerds, coz geeks can be poor and hence dirty too.
hence the answer will be false ( coz on the emphasis on
'definitely')

P.S. : Ya I know that was a very silly example I just made it up.
0 Replies

usafsara

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 06:21 pm
7. John likes 400 but not 300; he likes 100 but not 99; he likes 2500 but not 2400. Which does he like?

Answer: 900

Its 900 because all of the numbers he likes have a whole number as a square root. 400=20 while 300=17.3205 100=10 while 99=9.949 2500=50 while 2400=48.9897. 900 is the only answer that has a whole number as a square root.
MushroomMan

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 06:24 pm
@usafsara,
Why does John like certain numbers? Sounds like John's having a psychotic breakdown and is having delusions involving numerical figures.
0 Replies

mark15

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 04:01 am
@Gregor,
tempting
0 Replies

mark15

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 04:11 am
@Craven de Kere,
0 Replies

pawz

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2015 11:25 am
@CoolJoe,
I'd think most people are like me and just take these tests for fun and would love to know if they got the right answer. Older folks are trying to keep their brain active. They're not wanting to qualify for brain surgery.
0 Replies

henry0101

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 02:51 pm
@the prince,
hi guys,
where can i find this quiz ?
0 Replies

henry0101

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 02:52 pm
@Craven de Kere,
hello,
could you please give me the link for this IQ TEST ?
thanks
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 03:03 pm
@henry0101,
Hi, I posted those answers (this is a new account). That was 13 years ago, I don't think the same test is online anymore.
0 Replies