The Wizard of Oz should be rated 'R'

NickFun

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 03:05 pm
Written by NickFun

Children should not be watching The Wizard of Oz. It teaches them all the wrong lessons! People are under the mistaken belief that Dorothy is the good guy, whereas, in reality, Dorothy is the bad guy!

The picture turns evil when the movie changes from black and white to color. The first thing that happens is Dorothy's house lands in Oz and she kills this lady with her house! That's murder! But when Dorothy comes out of her house everyone is singing and dancing at the heinous crime that Dorothy just committed. Dorothy herself feels not a bit of remorse.

Then Glinda, the so called "good witch" shows up and insists Dorothy steal the shoes of the dead lady. The lady's not even cold and they're stealing from her! At this point the dead lady's sister shows up and asks for the shoes. She's next of kin! She's entitled! That's her sisters only legacy -- her rightful inheritance! But Dorothy and Glinda won't give her the shoes!

After that Dorothy, the little sociopath, skips happily down the yellow brick road like nothing happened!

Then she comes across the scarecrow. She asks the scarecrow, "which way should I go?" Here's a kid that's what, 12 or 13 years old? The scarecrow says "some people go this way, some people go that way and some people go BOTH WAYS! Not MY kids!

Dorothy and her three boyfriends skip on down the road until they come to this big field of poppies. POPPIES!!! That's what they make heroin out of! Dorothy starts feeling stoned and passes out. Then Glinda shows up and gives her some snow! Can you say COCAINE??? This peps her up enough so she cn get to Oz where she can see the "horse of different color". I also saw this 30 years ago when I was tripping on acid!

Later on in the film Dorothy kills the Witch of the West. First she kills her sister, then she steals her inheritance then she murders her! Is it any wonder why the "Witch of the West" is so upset? I would say the witch was restrained to the point of sainthood! I would have been pissed off at Dorothy too!

In conclusion, Dorothy has only been in Oz a few days and she becomes a murderer -- TWICE, a thief, a lesbian and a drug abuser! Do we really want our kids watching this???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,248 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 09:35 am
You may not have ever come off that trip, buddy.

Hey, the house falling was an accident, but the stealing shoes ... I think you got her nailed there.

Also, I think a good lawyer could show that there was some kind of contractual agreement between the Scarecrow and his employer which Dorothy used her influence to break.

AND there are other items which you are free to put into your narrative: Consider that the gang's sole purpose for going to the Wicked Witch's Castle was to engage in an act of theft "Bring me the broom." None of them supposed she would give up such an item freely. They committed an acts of breaking and entering, vandalism and other misdemeanors including breach of the peace culminating in the "accidental" death of the Wicked Witch by water. There is a saying amongst police officers that the second accident you find linked to a perp usually isn't one. (Dorothy's defense that the Witch was threatening the Scarecrow with fire does not rise to the level of immediacy necessary to use lethal force.)

Finally, once in the knowledge that the Wizard had been defrauding the good people of the Emerald City for years upon years, instead of alerting the proper authorities, she aligns with him as he plans his escape making her fully part of his scam.

She's lucky in that Glinda the "Good Witch" provides her passage back to Kansas. I have it on good authority that Glinda did this in exchange for Dorothy's testimony against the Lion (hypnotized into thinking he's some kind of street fighting man.) the Tin Man (heartless bastard) and the Scarecrow (knowing the Emerald City folks had stuffed him with inflammable materials he only feigned fear in order to get Dorothy to kill the witch. This he did in order to ensure his own position of power once the Wizard had fled.)

Joe(She also had an uncontrolled animal (Toto) for which there is no evidence of having the proper shots)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 09:49 am
"We all love ya, Dorothy."
"Stay here with us."

She was underage, too.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 09:57 am
Joe, my original discourse on the subject I mentioned many of the things you outlined but it was too long and I edited it. I just wanted to point out that Dorothy was not the sweet little cherub everyone thinks she is. Nor was the witch as evil as people claimed.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 10:09 am
She also ran away from home and dabbled in the occult.

This made God mad so he sent a tornado to mess up her house and conk her on the head.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 10:31 am
I don't know. That witch looked suspicious to me. And I always assumed those monkeys flew out of her butt.
0 Replies

skaizun

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 06:29 pm
@NickFun,
You're hysterical! And your pic is exactly the way I had pictured you, sans beer can! For the record, the Scarecrow's "some people go both ways" was a political statement, not a sexual one (n.b., most of "The Wiz..." was based on politics; next time, listen to it very carefully and in a political vein, and you'll see what I mean). Don't cut yourself shaving!
0 Replies

Jimbolj

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 07:53 am
All we own, we owe!
0 Replies