IF THE SHRUB PARDONS LIBBY . . .

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 09:35 am
Advocate wrote:
You have to admit that he "took care of" Libby. He commuted the jail time.

The judge, a Bush appointee, just took issue with Bush's statement that the sentence was excessive. He said the sentence was at the lower end of the guidelines.

Advocate was still on point here, wasn't she/he?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 09:39 am
Yeah, but he couldn't make it one page before he started fumbling around in Vitter's pants . . .
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 09:42 am
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 12:44 pm
Set, with all your venting, criticism of us posters, statements of proprietorship relative to this thread, etc., you failed to comment on Vitter's diapering.

I didn't realize that one who starts (authors?) a thread somehow owns it. Is it fee simple ownership, or joint tenancy?

BTW, your statements are dull-witted, pedantic, literal, false, accusatory, etc. However, this is criticism of your writings, not of you as an individual.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 01:38 pm
Advocate, We can't help people who thinks they own something that belongs to somebody else - and the TOS which governs a2k. They like to insult people to make themselves feel superior; people I detest the most whether on a2k or elsewhere - in public places. Small minded people IMHO.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 01:47 pm
Re: IF THE SHRUB PARDONS LIBBY . . .
Setanta wrote:
What do you think the consequences would be?

Do you think the Shrub could pull it off?

If not, why?

It was an interesting question.

~~~
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 02:35 pm
Far more interesting that C.I.'s thoughtless copy and paste jobs, or Advocate's Vitter obsession.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 02:38 pm
Set uses words like "thoughtless" as if he's the final judge.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 05:40 pm
I'm not even going to ask you to explain the relationship of your cut and pastes in this thread to the topic, ci. There's no point.

~~~

Now, back to the commutation and any meaning it might have.

Rasmussen link

Quote:
Saturday, July 07, 2007

Just 21% of Americans agree with the President's decision to commute the prison sentence of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby. A Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 47% disagree while 32% are not sure.

<snip>

but not a lot of people really care

Quote:
The only silver lining for the President is that public interest in the story was fairly low. Just 54% of Americans say they were following the story even somewhat closely. That figure includes only 27% who followed the story Very Closely. Unaffiliated voters were somewhat less interested in the story than either Republicans or Democrats.

If you're not a wonk, you don't much care, seems to be the bottom line.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 07:47 am
I imagine that Paris Hilton is pretty miffed that Scooter got off. After all, she had to serve her time despite suffering from jail-induced stringy hair.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 08:09 am
Advocate
Advocate wrote:
I imagine that Paris Hilton is pretty miffed that Scooter got off. After all, she had to serve her time despite suffering from jail-induced stringy hair.

Why don't you honor Setanta's request to stay on topic? It's not helpful to pour gasoline on burning embers, Advocate. I feel bad that Setanta thinks my posts are thread-killing spam, which is not my intention.

My only comment, which was on topic but pissed Setanta off for some reason, was to emphasize that Bush's action re Libby as an attack on the Constitution because of his continuation of the cover-up of illegal activity of those in the White House.

BBB
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 08:18 am
ehBeth wrote:

This may be the definitive comment on the topic. If this is true, than it is doubtful that the Democrats can get any political capital out of this.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 08:29 am
I think that a little humor goes a long way. Moreover, my comment does by extension say that the commutation is pretty insulting to the many people who are serving time, or who have served time, for much-less egregious crimes.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:26 am
Setanta wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

This may be the definitive comment on the topic. If this is true, than it is doubtful that the Democrats can get any political capital out of this.

It adds to the background noise and continues a perception that more and more people seem to be expressing concerning the administration, and the GOP by association.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:02 am
I hope you're right on that, Parados.

~~~

My suspicion is still that the split between the conservatives and the administration will continue to widen, so that whoever can claim to be the most 'conservative' candidate can take on the next election cycle without too many dark clouds from the current administration looming over.
0 Replies