Lady liberty is holding what book in her hand?

hamburger

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 12:11 pm
jesus is always being portrayed as a gentle person - no sword , no adornments or fancy clothes !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/14/Cliche_picture_of_Jesus.jpg/503px-Cliche_picture_of_Jesus.jpg

rex , in his avatar , shows a richly adorned person wearing fancy clothes and being knighted with a SWORD !
since that is not the way jesus is ever being portrayed , does he see himself in the avatar , i wonder ?
no sign of the humility always associated with jesus .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hamburger wrote:
Quote:
rex seems to think that knighthood was bestowed upon him

rex replied :
Quote:
How little you know...

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have great difficulty understanding how rex can associate such a gentle person as jesus with a person wearing such fancy clothes - he is not a moneylender or some other person seeking "wordly goods" , is he ?
btw it is "the sword of the Spirit" and not of the steel !
hbg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 01:26 pm
Rexs' Jesus has no room for people whose beliefs differ fromHis and Rexs'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/6_jan_JesusHatesYou.jpg
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 01:53 pm
RR, what does Judgment Day have to do with the law of liberty?

Besides, nobody cares that you speak only of bible's perspective on this. There is OTHER literature on the subject available. If you want to play with other kids in the communal sandbox, you gotta be willing to play their games, too. if you're interested only in your own game, you don't need this sandbox.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 02:25 pm
hamburger wrote:
jesus is always being portrayed as a gentle person - no sword , no adornments or fancy clothes !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/14/Cliche_picture_of_Jesus.jpg/503px-Cliche_picture_of_Jesus.jpg

rex , in his avatar , shows a richly adorned person wearing fancy clothes and being knighted with a SWORD !
since that is not the way jesus is ever being portrayed , does he see himself in the avatar , i wonder ?
no sign of the humility always associated with jesus .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hamburger wrote:
Quote:
rex seems to think that knighthood was bestowed upon him

rex replied :
Quote:
How little you know...

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have great difficulty understanding how rex can associate such a gentle person as jesus with a person wearing such fancy clothes - he is not a moneylender or some other person seeking "wordly goods" , is he ?
btw it is "the sword of the Spirit" and not of the steel !
hbg

Again as I said the word of God does not end at the Gospels...

Jesus fulfilled the law... Would you consider him turning over the tables in the temple of the money changers a "kind hearted" wimpy act?

Jesus fulfilled the law thus the Gospels "fulfill" the old testament and the new testament does not even begin until the book of Acts.

Jesus was under the law where we (of the new testament) are freed from the law of the prophets.

The gospels end with the ascension after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

If we were to end it there at the end of the Gospels then what would be the profit of Jesus' life if he came and died was resurrected and ascended but impacted no change in the Church?

Then he would have lived and died in vain..

But he ascended and "gave gifts" unto men and women.

Ephesians 4:8
Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men [and women].

Comment: These gifts are revealed in the "great mystery" of Paul the apostle.

This mystery in no longer a mystery because it was revealed to Paul the apostle and recorded in the Epistles.

Ephesians 5:32
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Comment: This is the reason why the directives of Jesus sometimes seem to contradict the Epistle directives. Because they were both different dispensations/administrations.

The dispensation of Christ has the king of heaven on the earth and the dispensation of grace has him in heaven.

One has Christ in the presence of his followers and the other has him within his followers. This is the mystery revealed Christ in you = Christ-in = Christian.

Col 1:27 - Show Context
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Comment: This fundamental change of Christ changed the church also.

I guess it is time to go into our duties...

God is no respecter of persons but we are to view our responsibilities in a slightly different manner.

This is understood in the "duties" we as Christians have.

Our duties go as follows:

Duty to God

Duty to self

Duty to the spiritual household

Duty to our spiritual family

Duty to earthly family

Duty to society

Duty to the world

Thus when our duties conflict that is exactly what happens "conflict".

When we walk in love sometimes love is a double edged sword for you can't please everyone. Especially those who revel in their own vanity.

For with the temple story of the money changers we see Jesus Christ in a conflict between his duty to God and his duty to society..

And his ANGER became kindled and he overturned the tables. Not in a wimpy walk all over me sort of way...

These thieves are still in the presence of God stealing from God those who are his own.

Martyrdom in not a new testament virtue... It was invented by holy Rome as a propaganda tool to seize the power of the Christian God.

John 2:15
And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

Jesus whipped them and over threw the temple tables... Sound like a push over to you???

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

How about some Christian boldness and guts?

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Comment: People are fanatic about their favorite baseball or sports team why not be a fan of God and stand up for something worth standing up for. Liberals get right in your face ans scream out their special interest mumbo jumbo!

Ephesians 6:14
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Comment: Are you saying God is not a "just cause"?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 02:44 pm
dagmaraka wrote:

Besides, nobody cares that you speak only of bible's perspective on this. There is OTHER literature on the subject available. If you want to play with other kids in the communal sandbox, you gotta be willing to play their games, too. if you're interested only in your own game, you don't need this sandbox.

1 Corinthians 4:3
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment [day]: yea, I judge not mine own self.

Revelation 1:10
I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day [judgment day not the sabboth], and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Colossians 3:24
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation [judgment] to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Comment: Nobody cares? Speak for yourself... as for rewards or judgment take your choice. I have made mine and God is my salvation.

Rewards = Christ

Judgment = Law

You seem to be oblivious that the sand in this box belongs to God including this playpen we call earth. It is unwise to toy with your own damnation.

There is still hope for you despite what you think or have been told.

For God sees the future and knows your ultimate goal as a believer. God has reserved judgment for God knows your eventual decision somewhere down the road. So it does not matter any pacts you have made with the devil, the goddess (a neutered deity), the earth or even yourself... Because God knows the future where the devil can "usually" only present an illusion of possession.

The mind can be lost but the spirit is found perfect...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 02:56 pm
Where the is the law of liberty there is no "judgment" from God...

Romans 5:16
And not as it was by one [man] that sinned [Adam], so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation [of all], but the free gift [Christ] is of many offences unto justification [by one man].
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 03:23 pm
I have always wondered where Rex gets his far fetched ideas and I just now noticed he's from Maine which explains everything.

He's obviously Stephen King's pool boy.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 03:31 pm
Mr Red you obviously are not familiar with Matthew. let me help you with that;

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 04:26 pm
All right, Rex. I DON'T CARE. Better?

As heads - up: I read whatever you write outside of the direct bible quotes. I'm tired of those and skipping them. You want to talk? Talk. Talk from your own mind, on the basis of YOUR OWN thinking. I can read the bible if i want to, don't quote it at me. Not interested.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 04:42 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
All right, Rex. I DON'T CARE. Better?

As heads - up: I read whatever you write outside of the direct bible quotes. I'm tired of those and skipping them. You want to talk? Talk. Talk from your own mind, on the basis of YOUR OWN thinking. I can read the bible if i want to, don't quote it at me. Not interested.

you are a cruel and heartless taskmistress. I dig it.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 06:12 pm
Dagmaster is my real name.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 03:51 am
Oh no. I've been mis-pronouncing it all this time.

Joe(no lisp on the ist?)Nation
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:53 pm
Rex - You've still failed to provide any "law of liberty."

You've lost, now stop lying.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:55 pm
Shhh... The thread is sleeping.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:55 pm
Oh no, the thread is still alive Shocked
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 01:38 am
My bad. For real. I've been away from the internet for a few days.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 04:20 am
Don't poke the beast.

Joe(sleep, sleep little thread, sleep)Nation
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 08:52 am
dagmaraka wrote:

Spirituality is not a game to be played in a sandbox, but it is a devout human relationship with the creator meant only for spiritual adults who have put aside childish things. Take off the blind fold and stop trying to pin the tail on this illusive donkey of yours...

Acts 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 09:02 am
spiritual adults who have put aside childish things.

Nuff said, and case closed.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 09:35 am
rr wrote :

Quote:
Spirituality is not a game to be played in a sandbox, but it is a devout human relationship with the creator meant only for spiritual adults who have put aside childish things.

this something that concerns the relationship between you and your god/creator/master , isn't it ?
what has it to do with books , the statue of liberty or other "wordly" things ?

from wiki :

Quote:

imo once you bring other "wordly" matters into this , it's no longer "spirituality" , is it ?
hbg
0 Replies