The Kobe Debacle

eoe

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 12:14 pm
I'd say it's ego. His must be enormous to overcome such "distractions". For an athlete, that's not a bad thing, I guess.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 12:55 pm
he probably felt relieved to be back on the court (as opposed to being IN court)... i wonder if he got some good news on the status of trial, and it carried over to the game?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:23 pm
I'm wondering who is on trial here Question Now I know where Kobe gets that arrogant, smug look he always possesses.............
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:35 pm
Okay. This is a long thread so please pardon me if we've covered this already but...is it still just a vile, filthy rumor or was it ever confirmed that this young woman wore a pair of dirty panties to her medical examination with the 'leavings' of not Kobe, but another man, hence the desire for the defense to request her past history be brought to trial? It was my understanding that a law was passed several years ago forbidding this info to be a part of rape cases but, because of these 'special' circumstances, this law is, for this case, being brought to question.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:50 pm
power of money and "the athelete", imho Exclamation
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 05:05 am
Region Philbis wrote:
guilty or not, i gotta give kobe credit for being super-human.
yesterday afternoon he was in eagle county for a hearing, then flew back to LA for a game; he had 36 points, 6 rebounds & 6 assists in the lakers win.
most players would've missed that game, or showed up late, only to give a lack-luster effort.

His job. He doesn't do good--there is no need for him.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 07:02 am
he does that particualr job better than just about everybody else on the planet.
i'm still rooting for him as a player. if the verdict comes back that he's guilty, then i'll have to readdress my allegiance...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 12:32 pm
RP, at this point I don't believe that there is a chance in hell that the verdict can be fairly achieved - regardless of it's outcome or the actual truth. I don't believe there is a smoking gun nor do I believe that there has been fairness to the victim (victim is nebulous on purpose Laughing ).
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 12:56 pm
"....and which was false and which was true
The wisest critic never knew
For both alike were real."

Steven Vincent Benet

Then we have Pontius Pilate washing his hand of the whole question, "What is truth?"
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 03:18 pm
the calvin murphy molestation thing is another potential ticking bomb...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:25 am
from cnn -- the victim's medical history is deemed not admissible in court
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:17 am
was kobe a repeat offender?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:26 am
Yuck.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 05:53 pm
I'm very unhappy about the recent turn of events in this trial. Now, because the girl is having all kinds of personal sexual history revealed--and the fact that she has had death threats, she's considering quitting the criminal case, and going for a civil suit.

Though I *think* Kobe is guilty of forceable rape (conjecture, admittedly, at this point), I realize he is innocent until PROVEN guilty--but this girl has been horribly victimized by the system if her story is true.

It is a disgusting bit of information that she had body fluids from an additional man in her panties--but poor hygiene is no reason to let a rapist (if he is) go free.

It should also be instructive to the judicial system that the other girl bowed out of telling of her brutal encounter with Bryant--as she saw how the accusing girl's reputation and life have been slimed during this process.

Why can't they just prosecute the case against Kobe, and see what the facts are? Don't they have any substantial evidence? Will they add this second girl's story, since they are adding the accusing girl's sexual past?

This is a failure of justice, so far, to me. I guess we'd ALL better get out our hijabs, girls.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 03:15 pm
He didn't rape her. Civil suit is only for money. All she wants is money now. Which makes her more guilty of lying in my eyes.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:34 pm
Judge drops charge against Bryant
EAGLE, Colorado (CNN) --
A judge dismissed the sexual assault charge against NBA star Kobe Bryant Wednesday, less than a week before opening statements were set to begin, but a civil case brought by his accuser will go ahead. Eagle County District Attorney Mark Hurlbert said the accuser felt unable to continue, fearing her rights would not be respected.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:45 pm
-sigh-

Just ain't right...
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:48 pm
That Munchkin attorney of Kobe's slimed that poor girl.

I hope she gets a billion dollars in civil court.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:51 pm
What'd Nicole and Ron's familes "get" in civil court?

-sigh-

On the other hand, I don't think Kobe will want to give up professional basketball, so there should be a way to actually grab some money IF he's found guilty. Even without the standard "innocent until proven guilty", I don't know what to think. But it should be sorted out in crimimal court (or whatever non-civil court is called)... not dropped.
0 Replies

billwillclark

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 02:06 am
@snood,
It is very hypocritical about the media. Kobe is probably one of the best basketball players of this generation and to use crap just to get him more marketing appeal is stupid. You don't need any of that junk, just watch him play and that's his marketing appeal
0 Replies