chest discomfort/palpitations (especially after eating)

Naseeh

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 06:37 pm

Checkout if its CARDIOMYOPATHY. May be hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
Theres three types. 2 are common. But Don't come to a conclusion unless proper diagnose is carried out.

YOU MUST HAVE THIS 2 Tests done:
1. Halter
2. Echocardiogram

NB: Pls Don't trust every doctors, they too are HUMANS!
See many, and accept which u feel right, because no one knows your own body well other than you! (Except god)

Best medicine for all is being happy. If your mind is healthy your body too gradually be healthy! Smile
0 Replies

paulyk

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 11:57 pm
@shewolfnm,
I have several minutes of palps after almost every meal, not scary but very noticeable. I'm going in for testing soon, will let everyone know what they say. I will try antacids too, to experiment.
Thanks
0 Replies

HilaryD

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 10:16 pm
@sakhi,
I've found that any time I eat any dairy products, my heart starts beating faster and skipping beats. It feels like my chest is fluttering. I discovered this new problem (I turned 60 this year) after eating a butterscotch sundae. Within 15 minutes of finishing the ice cream my heart was extremely irregular - skipping a beat after just 2 or 3 normal beats. I found that I cant' even put milk in my tea without having heart irregularities. I would recommend going on an "elimination diet" to see if there is a particular food or group of foods that cause a problem. Good luck!
0 Replies

kka

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 01:58 am
@sakhi,
Hi Sakhi, how are you doing now. Did your palpitation problem solve?
0 Replies

Adam801

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 07:04 pm
I have exactly the same symptoms. Pressure in chest anxiety feelings dizziness difficulty swallowing and at the worst times trouble breathing. I have no insurance and have no faith in doctors for the most part anyway. Please post any positive results you find. I am hearing more and more of this condition. Thank you. Tired of feeling like I'm going to die every day and being afraid to eat. For me it started with pain medication I was on for degenerative discs now it happens with food. Some foods are worse. Fatty things mostly . Then sometimes it just comes and goes throughout the day. Occasionally I feel sudden dizziness that seems to come from nothing but usually passes quickly
0 Replies

catey

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 03:33 pm
@sakhi,
I have the same problem, i also have acid reflux, but the doctor said it is nothing to do with acid reflux , he thinks it is anxiety, with angina you usually have pain, it does feel like palpitations, its really bad after drinking tea or coffee.i know tea and coffee causes acid reflux, the doctor has put me on medication for anxiety. so i will have to see what happens, it is a bit of a mystery.
0 Replies