Motorcycle Forum

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 02:33 pm
I was just wondering why there is not a motorcycle forum here? Has this question been posted before? I know i am new here, but i have been spending alot of time reading here and trying to catch up. But this site would really be complete with a motorcycle forum. Similar in form to the Autos section, just for motorcycles and even threewheelers. How about a poll?

Personaly, i love motorcycles. I love riding them and working on them. I love the feeling i get from riding one on a two lane country road with the wind rushing past my hemet and the warmth of the sun on my back.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 5,246 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 02:36 pm
blublomber,

A motorcycle forum is a good idea, but only if there is sufficuent interest.

There are many more forums needed before our forums are complete but we need demand before we get teh supply.

I know of a few bike nuts here but don't think the forum would be used.

Who knows! Let's see how the poll goes. I voted yes.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 02:44 pm
Why do motorcycles have to be so noisy and soud like >>>>>>>>

SINGER SOWING MACHINES ON STEROIDS
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 02:53 pm
You dont understand bikes OAN. Harley continues to attempt to patent the growl.
I onw an old Harley with an extended front and some neat graphics, and A Triumph. The tR is a problem and requires constant maintenance and is a leaker. (just like any other motorized british product)

Ive tried to see whether there was any interest in antiques and so far no takers. Ill get into Biketalk. Ive even got the tats from the 70s
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 03:00 pm
Farmerman, I agree about Harleys and Triumphs here in the UK, they have proper big engines, I was thinking of those little japannesse one's that scream their heads off worse than a rampant tom cat
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 03:18 pm
oh yeh man. However, these bikes of which you speak, are actually better at demonstrating the Doppler effect than any other bikes I know. I recently rode a MotoGuzzi , where youre body is so arranged that your head is the first thing that hits the wall and the last thing that goes through your ass .I cannot stand the chainsaw bikes and the headsmash sitz position. This stuff aint as God intended bikes to be.
When Im cruisin , I want the ability to deliver a well earned finger to the citizens in the BMWs who insist on crowding me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 03:39 pm
Of course it leaks, farmerman. That's what slowed the British down in marketing personal computers. By the time they developed a proper oil leak, the market had passed them by.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 04:11 pm
C'mon...nothing wrong with crotch rockets. Only valid complaint I could see is some of them are ridiculously over-powered...but that's the demand in the US. I recently drove a Honda CBR 900RR....goddammit, did that thing screw. But that riding position definitely isn't comfortable for a long ride.

And I NEVER crowd people driving motorcycles...I had one before, and I've always known better than that, even in my bimmer. Hate seeing people tailgate someone on a bike. Although I saw a guy yesterday driving his BMW touring motorcycle like a jackass...aren't they supposed to be the mature bike riders?
0 Replies

blubomber

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 04:11 pm
OAN, i like all bikes, but i do like those little screamers just from a performance stand point. That is just how a 4 cyclinder bike sounds with a free flowing exhaust. They are just as anoying as a Harley with a similar exhaust on it that makes it really loud! And, the loud harleys are usually louder than the japanese ones.

What really gets my heart going, is a Ducati with aftermarket mufflers. That nice deep, finely tunned, V-Twin exhaust note that brings music to my hears and love to my heart.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 04:14 pm
I'm with blubomber...I'm a fan of ALL bikes: Harleys, crotch rockets, ect. But I think the Harleys that are excessively loud are annoying as hell. Never heard a Japanese bike that was too loud.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 04:47 pm
I'm not anti bikes as such, I like the look of and I watching the bike races on tv. how those guys ride 'em like that is amazing.
A bike that impresses me is a huge one, Honda, Gullwing ?
Anyway it looka like an armchair than a bike with all the mod cons attached. That's really cool
0 Replies

blubomber

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 04:52 pm
Ahhh yes, The Honda GoldWing. Now with an 1800cc flat six. Comes with a radio, CD player, heater and sometimes a cruise control. But they are heavy!! Over 700lbs i think. So heavy that they come with Reverse!!! It is the ultimate Japanese touring bike. And, putting out over 100hp and 100lb/ft tourque, they move along pretty good.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 07:06 pm
The Honda wings are the only bikes I know that market themselves as a bike with a PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM. Anybody try a V-rod yet?.

Most twinkers start witha super bore HD and after markit it to produce some HP that only NASA could use. See any CR's burning NOx.? I think not, they are waay too bored.
Im a serious bike deco nut. Ive done alot of air brush work for years even when I had a day job. I get to do 1 bike and helmet a year now, but it still keeps me thinking about extreme paint jobs.
I was watching one of the bike shows on Discovery and saw a softail that Jesse James built for Shaquille ONeal. One very long overpowered ride, so much so that I worry about the stability of the frame.

Roger, I have a friend who buys and rwestores Range Rovers. He has teeshirts that say "Ifn it dont leak propah, it aint a Rover"
0 Replies

Sara Chang

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 02:13 pm
Motorcycles are lots of fun. Like anything else in life, riding one is a calculated risk, just like it is when my wife and I ride our bicycles around the neighborhood without helmets on. You only live once, might as well enjoy your new motorcycle.

Thanks a lot,
Sara
0 Replies

AnthonyMartello

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2012 12:53 am
@blubomber,
Good wishes to everyone,

The first step in motorcycle safety is to make sure that you have proper safety equipment. The most important thing here is obviously to make sure that you have a helmet. Motorcycle rider always wear a DOT-approved helmet. Alcohol greatly impairs your ability to safely operate a motorcycle. If you have been drinking, get a ride home or call a taxi. Don't let friends ride impaired. Take their keys away. Upper body clothing should also include bright colors or reflective materials, so that other motorists can more easily see you. They should maintain a safe speed and exercise caution when traveling over slippery surfaces or travel.

Best Regards,
Anthony Martello
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 12:02 am
One might wonder what one were talking about.
0 Replies