Help Needed on Marlboro Contest IV

benoutwitted

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 03:06 pm
bigredsshop wrote:
TTH wrote:
Good Morning bigred & skuncle
I couldn't get the lights last night because my ISP kept going down Twisted Evil

Hey bigred,
Uh, just how did you re-do your brakes if you couldn't get that wheel bearing nut off? Also, are you taking about turning your rotor Confused I don't know much about cars, I do know a little. Enough to know you don't use an air gun on a wheel bearing nut & the cotter pin (sp) is right there in front of you so you shouldn't forget to take that out. Then you either turn your rotors or replace them. Someone should check all their rotors (4) when checking the brakes. If I have any of this wrong then let me know. The only reason I know any of this is because when I had my brakes inspected, I watched them do it and asked questions. I asked if I could. Their policy is no customers in the bay area but, they said no girl had ever cared or asked to watch so the manager ok'd it.

Cool You hit the nail on the head with just about all counts, Most of the earlier cars have drum brakes todays cars have disk brakes all around.
but most cars have either disc in the front and drum in the back, but the suv that I am driving has disc all around. The differential is a positraction differential. not a limited slip disc rear. As explained in My Cousin Viny, with Marrissa Tome, Joe Peshy, I botched the spelling of his name.
The SUV is a four wheel drive vehicle. I am very versed in this since I was a young boy when we used to do all of the car work in my parents driveway. Quote as in the backyard mechanics!! I can still remember the tools being thrown across the driveway when things gave us a hard time. Putting in engines and transmissions with a pine tree limb and a fan belt tied to a comalong.
This is how things were done when you had to without a cherry picker.
For the record, I have done car and motorcycle work myself, as well as several rebuilds with little or no supervision. Needless to say I still appriciate the help that you've offered TTH. Laughing :wink:

And how manyaccidents have you had?....just for the record Laughing Laughing just kidding
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 03:29 pm
Time to go, see ya tomorrow.
0 Replies

benoutwitted

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 03:30 pm
get home safe (((((Hunkie))))) sweet dream and see ya tomorrow :wink:
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 05:29 pm
Witty I have been hit twice broadsided literaly by two gals on different occasions, once on the bike and once in the car going to get diapers for my daughter! For the record the girl that hit me in the car just married my youngest brother. Laughing :wink: the other red head that my mother seems to think graced her life. I still think she's a ringer for the saint hood. Laughing :wink:
And if you count the chevy s-10 that had those crap brakes two rear end collisions that were the fault of faulty brakes from the factory. Thats why
Chevy bought it back. I will never buy another chevy product unless it was made before Anti Bullshit Brakes. Another one of my court battles, along with fighting for custody at the same time. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 05:40 pm
New topic:
Help Needed on Marlboro Contest V
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100334
0 Replies