Chocolate Ice-Cream, Lactose Free Recipe

Sat 7 Apr, 2007 10:20 am
Does anyone know of a recipe for Chocolate Ice-Cream made with Lactose Free milk (No cream/creme fraiche/yoghurt) and Cocoa Powder?

Or at least just a basic recipe that only requires milk and no cream??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 2,425 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

stevem13

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 07:58 am
@honey rose cr,
Chocolate Ice-Cream made with Lactose Free milk

According to the University of Virginia Health System, ice cream contains approximately 6 grams of lactose per 1/2-cup serving and Lactose Free milk has the same properties as cowis milk only difference is that it enhanced with the lactase enzyme.

So, You can make lactose free milk ice cream by using cow milk.However, it may not have the same texture or creaminess as ice cream made with cream. you can use coconut cream or pureed medium-firm or firm drained silken tofu to replace heavy cream, using a 1:1 ratio.
0 Replies

Shawn909

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 11:04 am
@honey rose cr,
Can you use the chocolate almond milk with a bit of sweetner and then just freeze?
0 Replies

Adityavarma

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:24 am
@honey rose cr,
hi honey rose if get any recipe for Chocolate Ice-Cream just share with me also, i am also interested in Ice-cream

0 Replies

Sanjeev Agrwal

Thu 9 Apr, 2015 05:00 am
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM RECIPE
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serves 6 generously
Adapted from: Cuisinart chocolate ice cream recipe

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup of full cream milk
1.5 cups of cream with at least 35% fat content
1.5 tsp of vanilla extract
A small pinch of salt

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Whisk together the cocoa and both sugars until thoroughly combined.
2. Add the milk to this, gently incorporate by hand, and then continue whisking either manually (2-3 mins) or with an electric mixer (30 seconds).
3. Time to add the cream. Now, there's generally some confusion on what type of cream to use for homemade ice cream. I'd say it really doesn't matter as long as your cream has at least 35% fat content. This is what makes the ice cream rich, creamy, and delicious. Pour in the cream, vanilla and add a pinch of salt.
4. Mix again until full incorporated.
5. Pour this mixture into the bowl of your ice cream maker and churn for 20 mins, approximately.
6. The mixture should turn into soft serve ice cream like below. You can serve it at this stage or freeze for a harder more ice-cream-like consistency.

0 Replies

JuanitaMiller

Thu 25 Jun, 2015 04:34 am
I heard that lactose free milk ice cream easily made by using cow milk. So you can use cow milk for your chocolate ice cream.
RayEGarcia

Tue 21 Jul, 2015 06:04 am
@JuanitaMiller,
Cow milk is good for chocolate ice cream? And how much milk quantity is required for ice cream?
0 Replies