xhtml & css.. easy?, or hard?

falkon

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 05:05 pm
is xhtml easy to learn?, is css easy to learn?, please tell me wat u fink and how long it took u 2 learn the language... oh n im not talkin bout html when i day xhtml... Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,663 • Replies: 9
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:25 am
You mean xml? I've tried it and to me it wasn't easy but I'm more of a SQL kinda person (I also know enough html and bbcode to be dangerous) so it's getting your head wrapped around a different concept. It's supposed to be very versatile.
0 Replies

falkon

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 11:27 am
xhtml
xhtml when replace html in future, xhtml came after html.4.0, its the latest and ''last'' one of the series, its stands for extenible hypertext markup languge, its xml&html put in one, it has many benifets that html doesnt, have you heard of it b4?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 04:23 pm
I hadn't heard of it before, thanks for mentioning it. I found this online, it doesn't really respond to your question but it seems pretty official: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 08:12 pm
I'm going to guess it's not that difficult to learn. We use these all the time and none of us on our team "know" either but instead have a grasp of the concepts behind them and make extensive use of reference material to get what we need done. That said, if you're a ui designer or planning to be one you will need a deeper understanding which will probably come with experience using them. You may also want to look into xslt.
0 Replies

newsn

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 08:35 am
in my opinion,css is easy to learn,what u need, is just to try again and again~ come on~
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:58 am
xhtml may not end up being the future, the w3c is currently trending toward html 5 as the upgrade path for most websites.

In any case, xhtml is as easy to learn as html. CSS is also easy.

However I have rarely run into any professional who masters them and uses them well. Anyone can make tag soup. People who can work with CSS to cross-browser pixel perfection with semantic and clean markup are extremely rare.
0 Replies

brazusa

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 04:30 pm
Yes, it is very easy
If you know HTML.

You basically have to learn CSS.

Roughly explaining, XHTML is HTML shaped with CSS.

e.g. HTML = <p>Hello, world!</p>

plus some CSS
p { font-weight:bold; color: blue; }

That above would result in a paragraph, tag "<p>", modified to bold and letter in blue. i.e. XHTML

visit: csszengarden dot com
w3schools dot com
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 06:56 pm
Re: Yes, it is very easy
brazusa wrote:

Roughly explaining, XHTML is HTML shaped with CSS.

XHTML is another markup language, just like HTML. The use of CSS has nothing at all to do with it and CSS can be applied to both HTML and XHTML.
0 Replies

catsmum

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 02:05 pm
both are fairly easy to learn with a little bit if practice.
0 Replies