• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,092 • Replies: 18
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:14 pm
Why?

Just put the red 8 on the black 9 and the red 2 on the black 3.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:17 pm
And that would get rid of the empty slot....how? You aren't permitted to access the remaining cards in the deck until you fill up all empty slots.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:20 pm

(does dadpad actually see the red cards, i wonder...)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:24 pm
Why? cant you see em (the red cards)

is it a monitor problem?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:27 pm

i see nothing but spades from this vantage pernt...

are you seeing hearts or diamonds? Laughing
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:30 pm
hmm...valuable and lasting or priceless and ephemeral?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:34 pm

ancillary and repugnant...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:36 pm
I actually thoughrt about photo shopping stuhs pic and putting in red cards then reposting it. But i'm too friggin lazy.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:38 pm
you haven't thoughrt too hard then.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 01:26 pm
dadpad wrote:
I actually thoughrt about photo shopping stuhs pic and putting in red cards then reposting it. But i'm too friggin lazy.

that is a war you would not want to fight, my friend..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 02:04 pm
You should learn from this not to complete a suit if it is going to leave an empty slot. You didn't know you can't deal with an empty slot?

Spider solitaire is not rigged, and i know because i've beaten it with one suit, with two suits, and i've even twice beaten it using all four suits. Eventually, it got boring, though, because it is only random probability in the deals which makes it possible to beat the game.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 04:10 pm
Well to be honest I was assuming that rule was conditional on having at least 10 cards in play, so I was a bit surprised and annoyed. Of course it's not really "rigged," I was just joking. I have not really tried the higher difficulties...mostly because that makes it less mindless and gratifying which is what makes it appealing to begin with Smile
Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 11:06 am
stuh505 wrote:
...mostly because that makes it less mindless and gratifying which is what makes it appealing to begin with

Refreshing candor . . . spoken like a true video game devoté . . .
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 11:24 am
BBB
This is the only game I play. It's frustrating, but fun, and I keep getting better at it.

KKeeps me from falling asleep at my computer.

BBB
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 01:56 pm
Setanta wrote:
Refreshing candor . . . spoken like a true video game devoté . . .

I don't think of it that way. I only liked video games before/during high school. If I am waiting for a download to finish or need some other way to kill time I will play some of the built in windows games but that really doesn't make me a devote...when friends ask "what do you play" the answer is really "nothing"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 02:12 pm
Mindless and gratifying nevertheless describes the attraction for many, perhaps most, video game addicts--and i see that as particularly true of first-person fighter/first-person shooter games.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 03:58 pm
Well I agree with you that the first person fighter/shooter games are mostly mindless. But from my observations of addicts, what makes them addictive is mostly the social interaction -- which really is no different than people talking on able2know, but combined with a little competitiveness. They get involved in private clans, like a virtual circle of friends, and stay up to late hours drinking and laughing over the internet.

While many games have a mindless component to them, from the perspective of one who once felt addicted, the most addictive ones are the ones that take a lot of strategy and planning. When you can't think about daily tasks because you are trying to plan out a new and more successful strategy...then it's really got ya.

The fact that its played on a computer doesn't make it any less intellectually stimulating than games played in real life like chess or backgammon. To the contrary, I would say that offline games like this that attract a lot of esteem are pathetically mindless when compared to many computer strategy games.
0 Replies

msagsk

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 08:32 am
@stuh505,
If it's not rigged, can someone tell me why, before the last shuffle, is there always more than 13 cards left? Is it possible to make a stack (K-A) and having less than 13 cards before dealing the last hand? I hope I made this clear because I have played a lot and have never seen it. This is in regard to the intermediate level.
0 Replies