Tourists and the funny things they do or say!!!

ossobuco

Fri 11 Jul, 2003 02:17 am
I remember being at a train station cafe in Italy, perhaps on a morning leaving Siena, sitting at a table with my husband, with an american and her husband to our left, and four Moroccans (I think) to our right, or my right to be exact. I was talking to both the blond american woman, in English, and one of the moroccan men, in bad italian.. The american middle aged lady was warning me against them, don't talk to them. The moroccan was asking how I liked italy and I was asking him different things. He and I talked more than she and I talked. We all got up soon enough and caught our trains. I don't suppose this vignette is funny, exactly.
0 Replies

SkisOnFire

Fri 11 Jul, 2003 05:28 am
I was passing through Santa Cruz, California, and stopped by the ocean cliffs near the Boardwalk. Lots of tourists around, with dozens of people enjoying the view of Santa Cruz harbor and Monterery Bay.

Santa Cruz is on the northern peninsula of the bay, while Monterey is on the southern peninsula, about 30 miles away but still just visible across the water. Of course, the tourists don't know this.

I have no idea where this family came from:
"Oh man, the ocean. Honey, just look at the ocean. Wow, that's big. Hey what's that way out there? Do you see that? Omigosh, I can see Hawaii! Honey, look at Hawaii! You can barely see it way off by those clouds, do you see that little piece of land?!"
0 Replies

nextone

Fri 11 Jul, 2003 07:31 am
A goody from several years ago. A tourist spotted the famous toystore and said," Oh look, FAO Schwarz!" rhyming FAO with Chairman Mao.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 07:52 am
I thought this maybe best suited for this thread:
11 Signs You’re A Dumb Tourist
http://www.buzzfeed.com/tmobilecatchjeremy/signs-youre-a-dumb-tourist
0 Replies

Jitmall

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 06:10 am
@oldandknew,
After reading your story i share some funny moment related to me few year back when i went to India i ask mango in month of December, some local person laughing on me because in India mango not found in December in local places.
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Aug, 2018 08:22 pm
@Jitmall,
Why don't they have a tv in this room?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 09:43 am
I think one of the funniest experience I had was in South Africa, where one tourist complained we didn't have a tv in our tent, but had hot and cold water for our shower. Ernest Hemingway never had it so good. Wink. Also stayed at the Stanley Hotel in Nairobi where Hemingway stayed. We also visited Karen Blixon's plantation (Out of Africa fame).
0 Replies