THE BRITISH THREAD II

izzythepush

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 05:14 am
@spendius,
Exactly, there is a sense amongst Tory b. benchers that she only lasted as long because she's a Cameron loyalist, that and a state educated woman. She's not up to much. All the hoo hah about a witch hunt because she was Culture Secretary is a load of bollocks. Following the vote in the Commons any Culture Secretary would have to do exactly the same.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 05:32 am
I'm not a big football fan but I think its bloody ridiculous to have foreign managers in charge of English teams, especially in charge of the National team (Capello/Erikson).
The Football Association are to blame, they've been a load of gutless pol-correct lefty traitors for many years, the rot set in when they sacked Alf Ramsey, then later they refused to appoint Brian Clough as England manager even though he was the best manager in England.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 07:13 am
@spendius,

Quote:
A benefit fraudster would get 3 years for the amounts I have heard about.

Yes, Dennis McShane (MP, Lab) got sent to prison recently for embezzling £12, ooo.

Fail to see much difference here, except in the way they were treated. And Miller embezzled more, of course.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 07:14 am
bump
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 02:35 pm
McTag wrote:

Watch out, Bayern Munich.

Quote:
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zps6adf4a16.jpg
McTag

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 04:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

Ah Walter, not for the first time, a Teuton has failed to recognise irony.

I never thought they had a prayer.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 04:24 pm
I like football chants, one of my favourites is what Brit fans taunt Germans with-
"TWO WORLD WARS AND ONE WORLD CUP!"..Smile
izzythepush

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 05:05 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Sorry about Romeo, he's not with us, he's from Plymouth. He needs to compensate, like men with small willies and big cars.

Quote:
Plymouth is the biggest city in England never to have had a top division football team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/place-lancashire/plain/A954911
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 05:24 pm
@McTag,
Quote:
I never thought they had a prayer.

They missed a couple of easy chances Mac and either would have meant BM had to score two.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 03:37 am
Quote- Plymouth is the biggest city in England never to have had a top division football team.

So what, Plymouth is not my home town, I've only lived here for 12 years, I was born and brought up in Leicester and lived there for 50-odd years.
And as I've modestly pointed out before, I had a trial for Leicester City Football Club in 1969 aged 21 and --ahem--hit the back of the net twice in our triallist team's 4-2 victory over another triallist team..Smile
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 05:25 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
You've never done anything modestly in your entire life.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 08:54 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Those "fans" stay dry here ... if they are allowed to enter, that is.

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zpsa82216ef.jpg
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 11:08 am
Footballs gone downhill over the years, I remember the good old days when fans used to run riot and trash each others cities, great entertainment..Smile
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 09:25 am
Four English teams in the Top Ten, City in lead - what more could one desire? Wink

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zps2723633d.jpg
Source
McTag

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 09:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Did anyone notice, City played better than Liverpool last Sunday for most of the game.
But contrived to lose.
I don't want to talk about it.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 10:39 am
@McTag,
The same can be said of Southampton Cardiff.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 05:11 am
@izzythepush,
They are fast runners, those Wesh ...

... and excellent goalers Wink
McTag

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 05:48 am
@Walter Hinteler,

The goalie had obviously no idea he is left-footed.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 12:54 am

Rumour Mill:
A friend was talking to a French lady recently, and this story is apparently getting some traction there.
The missing Indonesian plane Flight 370 was, so the rumour goes, diverted by one or more of the crew and was on its way to be crashed into the American air base on Diego Garcia, in the southern Indian Ocean. The authorities knew this, the Americans were alerted, and the plane was brought down by the USAF before it reached its target.
oralloy

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 01:19 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Rumour Mill:
A friend was talking to a French lady recently, and this story is apparently getting some traction there.
The missing Indonesian plane Flight 370 was, so the rumour goes, diverted by one or more of the crew and was on its way to be crashed into the American air base on Diego Garcia, in the southern Indian Ocean. The authorities knew this, the Americans were alerted, and the plane was brought down by the USAF before it reached its target.

No chance. We would never have kept it a secret. Plus, that is hardly a high value target for such an attack.

However, al-Qa'ida has always wanted to simultaneously blow up a dozen planes over the ocean.

If they modified their plans from "blow up" to "sink the plane where it will never be found" and this was a practice run, that would be distressing news.