Do you support gun ownership as it exists in the USA today.

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 01:34 pm
Just curious how everyone would respond to this poll question. I'm curious if many of those anti-gun people have every owned or fired a gun.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,385 • Replies: 19
No top replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 01:36 pm
I forgot to add an option for someone like this:

No; I do not own a gun; I have never shot a gun

Could someone add that option to the poll?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 01:37 pm
I own a gun; I shoot infrequently; I don't support the rights to own weapons as they are currently exist in the US.

I fundamentally disagree with those who say that there is no difference between a pistol and a rifle, or a rifle and an assault rifle. There is a difference and we should have laws delineating this difference.

Cycloptichorn
Setanta

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 01:43 pm
You screwed yourself. You could have done it with an edit, if you had not already responded to your own thread.

I was taught firearms safety by my grandfather before i was ten years of age. I am competent with most firearms i've ever used, and expert with several of them. In the army, i qualified expert with the M14 rifle, a weapon i truly enjoyed firing. I don't own a firearm, and i don't use them for either hunting or for sport.

I think this nation is hag-ridden by the obsession of people with an unhealthy fascination with firearms. I think that the arms manufacturers support those who oppose gun control, and encourage the vicious atmosphere of attacking those who support gun control, or even just simply criticize the situation as it exists. There is only one reason for handguns, and that is to kill or attempt to kill people. I see no reason for handguns to be available to the general population, and no reason for assault rifles to be available to anyone other than the police or the military. I rather think that a good deal of our firearms problems could quickly be dealt with, if anyone who were in a position of authority were ever serious about tackling the problem. The NRA has got the politicians bambozzled and running scared. Politicians, of course, have their balls removed before entering office.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:31 pm
I think this nation is hag-ridden by the obsession of people with an unhealthy fascination with dogs. I think that the dog breeders support those who oppose dog control, and encourage the vicious atmosphere of attacking those who support dog control, or even just simply criticize the situation as it exists. There is only one reason for pit bulls, and that is to kill or attempt to kill people. I see no reason for pit bulls to be available to the general population, and no reason for dobermans to be available to anyone other than the police or the military. I rather think that a good deal of our dog problems could quickly be dealt with, if anyone who were in a position of authority were ever serious about tackling the problem. The AHS has got the politicians bambozzled and running scared. Politicians, of course, have their balls removed before entering office.
roger

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:50 pm
Yes. Not to say everyone should have access to one, by any means.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:08 pm
I own a several guns and I shoot on a regular basis. This does not include any of the qualifaction time that I have with the military, this is strictly provate owned weapons.

I don't think we should change our gun laws. What we should do is grant permits to users of firearms. We don't need to know what someone owns, but to know they own firearms is enough.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 04:08 pm
Baldimo wrote:
I own a several guns and I shoot on a regular basis. This does not include any of the qualifaction time that I have with the military, this is strictly provate owned weapons.

I don't think we should change our gun laws. What we should do is grant permits to users of firearms. We don't need to know what someone owns, but to know they own firearms is enough.

I do think that some level of training should be mandatory however. At least a 8 hour training to explain the weapon, some of the laws, saftey procedures, etc.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:31 am
maporsche wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

I do think that some level of training should be mandatory however. At least a 8 hour training to explain the weapon, some of the laws, saftey procedures, etc.

I agree, not eveyone is going to have the benifit of military training. To receive your permit you should have to take some sort of classes about gun safty. When you go for your CCW (carry conseal weapons) permit you have to take classes which include so many hrs of class time and so many hrs of range time.

They could slightly change the process to make the CCW permit a level 2 or 3 class. Level one class of course being basic introduction to firearms.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 10:14 am
I taught the use of firearms before I was old enough to ride a horse. In High School, I won my letter on the rifle team. I've hunted, and enjoy a nice venison or bear steak. For many years I qualified monthly with a colt 1911.

Currently I own a Smith & Wesson 357, but rarely shoot anymore.

I believe that current prohibitions on some firearms stretch the Constitution, but fully support current firearms policies in the United States.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 10:19 am
I strongly believe in the right to gun ownership, as it is specified in the Constitution, and as it exists in this country today, in order to allow the people to protect themselves from anyone and everyone who would try to take away their freedom, which includes their own government. This is a bit of a paraphrasing of something George Washington once said, and it is also my opinion. I do not personally own a gun.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 03:06 pm
@maporsche,
No .
Is Jesus Christ a financial expert with a gun in his pocket?
Why the hell Gandhi had no gun to protect his life?
0 Replies

debrafrancis

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 11:33 am
@McGentrix,
Everyone should have the right to own one small dog, but I seriously oppose the owning of high capacity kennels. Citiens do not need to own more than ten dogs. You cant use a pit bul to hunt deer, so what do you need them for. Before anyone is allowed to own a dog, we should check for leashes and fences. Also, dogs should have limited teeth.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 06:50 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I own a gun; I shoot infrequently; I don't support the rights to own weapons as they are currently exist in the US.

I fundamentally disagree with those who say that there is no difference between a pistol and a rifle, or a rifle and an assault rifle. There is a difference and we should have laws delineating this difference.

Cycloptichorn

So, what are these differences you speak of?
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2013 04:50 pm

I support the 2nd amendment of the constitution and the right of American citizens to bear arms.

I do not support the attempts to redefine the constitution and 2nd amendment by progressives, liberals and democrats.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2013 05:22 pm
@H2O MAN,
That's easy. You can always have a pistol with you, and that makes it an ideal defensive. Rifles are more cumbersome, and have a much greater range which makes them more suitable for offensive use.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2013 05:40 pm
@roger,
Sometimes a well executed offense is the best defense.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 06:07 am

Will residents of New York refuse to register their weapons?

I say register nothing!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 12:55 pm
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/227871_284233821704721_1248142449_n.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 12:57 pm

For the under-informed

The Gun Control Debate continues.... just one side is being reported.
0 Replies