Help with Rainsoft Amazon Gold system

Twinkieflyer

Tue 9 Nov, 2010 11:23 am
@H2O MAN,
Hi H2O Man,
I would really appreciate a copy of that programming and setup manual if you have time. I am really into a mess trying to fix mine.
Thanks,
Bill Harris
H2O MAN

Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:00 am
@Twinkieflyer,
Twinkieflyer wrote:

Hi H2O Man,
I would really appreciate a copy of that programming and setup manual if you have time.
I am really into a mess trying to fix mine.
Thanks,
Bill Harris

I need an email address to send it to.
Twinkieflyer

Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:22 am
@H2O MAN,
Sorry, didn't realize the system didn't send email through user pages.

My email is billnancyharris at gmail dot com
Thanks a bunch.
I keep hoping that I can get the brine draw fixed and get this reprogrammed. It isn't working at all this week.
H2O MAN

Thu 11 Nov, 2010 06:17 am
@Twinkieflyer,
Check your inbox Smile
Twinkieflyer

Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:57 am
@H2O MAN,
Thanks a bunch.
Do you or anyone else happen to know, is there any body that sells small parts for these RS systems? If not, can anyone recommend a replacement valve and control head to replace the RS valve.

I am hoping since it isn't very old that cleaning will work, but I won't know until I get it all apart.
Joethewaterguy

Mon 15 Nov, 2010 04:31 pm
@Twinkieflyer,
is the front end working? the rfc? since it's greensand, have you maintained the pot perm to clean it? I'd work on that one first, since it takes the iron and manganeese out of the water, before I'd replace the aqc. You might need to have the greensand rebed.
H2O MAN

Tue 16 Nov, 2010 03:03 pm
@Twinkieflyer,
If you can't get the valve repaired with factory parts, you will
be better served by a new system with a Fleck 2510 STX valve.
0 Replies

Twinkieflyer

Wed 17 Nov, 2010 08:15 am
@Joethewaterguy,
Joe, I suspect it isn't. The house was empty for almost two years, and nothing was done. I tried to do basic cleaning and stuff before we moved in, and also found the timer motor was not functioning on the silver system, so it never regen'ed. I actually have no idea what the filter media is on the silver, but guessed it was greensand. I ordered and installed a new timer back in May, and that got the Silver series working. It was set so that half the buttons were pushed in, so it regens every other night for about45 minutes.

The guy that contracted everything and drilled the well came by and did a raw water retest, said I had almost 6ppm of iron, said there was also a lot of maganese, didn't tell me the hardness, but said it wasn't that bad.

We had a discussion about the well, which isn't that deep, about 200 feet, and some in the neighborhood have better luck with wells about 500 feet, and cased to 200. Drilling a new well has no gurantees, and will cost me about $8,000.

Neighbors have told me they are using more involved systems, some sort of clorine injection, and also air injection.

H2O Man, thanks for the help on the valve, I took it apart, cleaned it using Zep acidic toliet cleaner and some tiny brushes. It was pretty bad looking. The brine injector was pretty plugged. I also found what I think is a resin ball, about the size of a BB, in behind where the brine injector came out. I took it out through the brine port. I didn't take out the big valve pieces from the top, just the brine injector parts after loosening the three screws to raise the large valve piece.

After reassembly, the valve draws brine from the tank, and the water has improved but with one major exception. The first two times the system regen'ed, there was some very yellow and grey water that came through and I had to run the water for awhile until it cleared at the faucets. I don't know if this will continue, only regen'ed twice since I did the reassembly Saturday.

On the Gold AQC75, it appears that the hardness is set on 55. If I recall right, the gallons to regen are 380.

My gut is telling me to replace the front Silver series with something more like the neighbors, one of these injection systems. The simple ones seem to use bleach or air, one of the richer neighbors has one that uses peroxide. I wonder how much he uses. I hate to spend 8k on yet another well with no guarantees.

I would appreciate all suggestion on what to do at this point. Appreciate all the help so far, I am certainly better off than when I started.
Joethewaterguy

Fri 19 Nov, 2010 07:57 pm
@Twinkieflyer,
if the front is a greensand filter, it would be attached to a 2 gallon tank that you put pot/perm into. It's probabaly a tank with birm and filter ag that needs to be rebed every few years. I'd rebed it first and see what happens.
Twinkieflyer

Mon 22 Nov, 2010 08:32 am
@Joethewaterguy,
There is not an extra 2 gallon tank, so I suppose that means birm.

I tackled the valve, but this rebed thing might be beyond me. The RS people don't want to do anything unless I am on an annual contract, which is 4 visits a year, and refilling with salt and checking over. Then it is extra for the work beyond that. Based on what I am hearing, it might be cheaper to replace the equipment with what the neighbors have, one of the systems using air/clorine/peroxide.

Quartly refills don't help me much, since my softener goes through about 200 pounds of salt a month.

If anyone can suggest replacement equipment that I can maintain I would appreciate it.
H2O MAN

Tue 30 Nov, 2010 02:16 pm
@Twinkieflyer,
Twinkieflyer wrote:

The RS people don't want to do anything unless I am on an annual contract, which is 4 visits a year, and refilling with salt and checking over. Then it is extra for the work beyond that.

Never ever sign an annual contract - pure rip-off.

Your softener should use about 40 pounds of salt per month.
Google search a Filox iron/hydrogen sulphide reduction filter.
A 10x54 Vortech tank with a digital Fleck 2510 control valve and Filox may be all you need.
0 Replies

blingxii

Mon 7 Feb, 2011 11:40 am
@H2O MAN,
Hello H2O Man,
We have a RS Gold Series that we are having issues with.....if it's not too much trouble could you please e-mail the control settings? I would really appreciate it!
[email protected]

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/91310-1
0 Replies

curtislow69

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 11:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
h20 could i please have the setup instructions to for gold series ty [email protected]
0 Replies

dgiles89

Sat 26 Mar, 2011 02:46 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hello H20 MAN I need to change the hardness level on my Rainsoft system. I have an EC4 model. My email is [email protected]
Thanks, Derek.
0 Replies

jamesb1963

Sat 7 May, 2011 09:01 pm
@H2O MAN,
Would like to get a copy of set up and installation instructions
[email protected]
0 Replies

Shadetree884

Sat 3 Sep, 2011 12:04 pm
@H2O MAN,
Greetings

Saw your posts on aAble?know and figured you woul be the person to ask. I also purchased a used rain soft gold system model ACQ 75 with the "computer" controls. I can set the current time, salt level and regen time, but cannot access anything else such as water hardness level. Can you send me info on how to set the hardness and other hidden settings. alnog with ay recommendations?

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks Larry
0 Replies

brianh07

Sat 17 Sep, 2011 11:34 am
Hello @H2O MAN,

Saw the posts here and would like to ask the same huge favor as many others have. Would you please email me the set up instructions/recommendations for the RainSoft Gold AQC75T model? I had the system plumbed today and will be connecting the electrical shortly (thanks to another post here). The system was previously disconnected for quite some time (resin tank was left full of water for storage). Any suggestions considering the system has been in storage or ways to change hidden settings, etc. would be much appreciated!

[email protected]
brianh07

Sat 17 Sep, 2011 06:18 pm
@brianh07,
Got it up and running, but I noticed a small leak coming from the drain elbow (during regen). The elbow seems to be secured with some kind of c-clip. I'm thinking that the o-ring may need to be replaced as the elbow has quite a bit of play once it's pushed into the side of the control head and the clip is clicked in to the two holes. Anyone know what the part number is for this o-ring or the entire elbow or if this is normal for it to be slighly loose even with the c-clip pushed in?

Thank you!
0 Replies

lewell64

Wed 28 Sep, 2011 09:56 pm
@H2O MAN,
I would also like to get a copy of the rainsoft Gold series programing instructions. Send to [email protected]. Thanks an I appreciate your help.
0 Replies

miloguzman

Tue 11 Oct, 2011 05:39 pm
Hello H2O man can I get a copy of the programming for Gold series. Greatly appreciate it.
[email protected]
Thanks
0 Replies