My husband controls me

ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:04 am
I don't think pipermatt can afford to pay cash for a hotel, as he controls the money, and there is the matter of identification. A woman's shelter is apt to have people who have dealt with all this before and to have help for her.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:09 am
what country?
All the support service is dependent on what country. Waiting to find out..
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:17 am
Definitely time to get out, AND DON'T CONFRONT HIM WITH IT. Just do it and get as far away as you can. Don't tell anyone who knows him where you're going.

A while back, I wrote about a girl I knew named Sonata... let me just grab what I wrote and paste it here.

OCCOM BILL wrote:
I remember meeting another girl once named Sonata when I first moved to Florida. She was a pretty girl who smiled constantly, the kind of girl you like before you even meet. I can't remember which country she and her husband came from. He was not an abuser as far as my friends and I knew, just a very controlling prick who liked to be in charge of everything. I'm guessing they were married for a long time because her accent was barely noticeable and they had come over together. Finally, she got tired of being subservient and told him she wanted to get a divorce. It was then she got the first beatingÂ… the idea was to beat into her the knowledge that if he couldn't have her no one could. Serious love, right? Shocked, she didn't know what to do. With the help of some friends at the restaurant she worked at, I remember that she had moved out in secret and avoided him as much as possible. He constantly called and fussed and once he even hid in the back of her car because she was refusing to see him.

The witnesses at the sidewalk restaurant heard her screaming for help from the car at stoplight in front of the place, but didn't know what to do. Finally, she tore herself from his grasp and with her shirt torn half off her body ran for the restaurant screaming "help me" "help me" but he was much faster and caught her by the hair, just as she reached the sidewalk. He put not one, but two bullets in her head before putting one in his own. I think she was 27 years old.

Don't let this be you. Crying or Very sad

Best of luck, and welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

pipermatt

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 11:57 am
Re: what country?
Ragman wrote:
All the support service is dependent on what country. Waiting to find out..

I am in US.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 12:34 pm
Then there's lots of support services. Go with a packed bag and tell them what you've told us. And don't look back. You can do this.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 10:13 pm
pipermatt, please listen to all the advice you've got here. he sounds very very dangerous. please take care and leave him and go to a safe place.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 03:09 am
pipermatt. go to the police. police in the United states will tell you of the services that are available for abused partners.

Do not tell your husband. Just go. If it is not possible for you to go out on your own and return home, just pack a bag and go to a police station.

This man is potentially very violent, the abuse he has given you will increase.

It is not your fault that this man is violent and abusive.

Go!
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 03:21 am
If I could, I would take you by the hand and lead you out of there...
I have a very bad feeling, for some reason, thinking of you.
However, I am thousands of miles away from you, and can only beg you to follow the advice you have been given.

You sound like a smart person, but even smart people sometimes are in a situation where they can't face up to the facts, that are evident to everybody else.
Please don't let this happen to you!
0 Replies