Singles Cruises or Vacations for Middle-aged Losers

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 05:20 pm
Tangential, but...

martybarker wrote:
I'd love to hear if anyone has had any experience with this type of thing. I went to a single formal dance friday night with a single girlfriend of mine. As usual, I left the evening with two new girlfriends as the men in general were at least 10 years older than I and totally not my type. I did however, really enjoy myself and accepted just about every dance opportunity that came about. I never turned anyone down based upon their looks or age, I just think that's a little rude. But at least I have more single friends to hang out with now.

Back in 1492 when I was in my twenties, I went with some girlfriends to a get together in a hotel, get together being called something like "Catholic Singles Club". I remember it as this dismal dim room (well, y'know, I'm night-blind) with few people and a bar, across some carpetted plain. Now, I didn't even touch booze until I was twenty-one and at that point I'd probably only had a Manhattan on my birthday, or some such. Wine was not a popular item in the early sixties, at least in my melieu, if I had a melieu.

So, what I remember most from that evening, besides the venue being all the way downtown and a total waste of time, was that when I ventured to ask for a drink at the bar (well, looking back that was a no-no, but the room was near empty), I asked for a gin and soda. The bartender was nonplussed and asked me if I was sure. I wasn't, of course, but insisted I was.

What do I know, I might even like a good gin and, oh, gerolsteiner, now (trying to imagine it, pfui, I don't really like gin... it makes me flooey), but I was plenty embarrassed when I figured out about tonic.

Early sixties were hilariously different than late sixties/early seventies for many. I suppose I could write a minor tome about that.

To Marty, you are so right. Have a good time re meeting possible friends and/or boyfriends. Sometimes (I know folks will argue) a person you aren't immediately fibrillating about, even mostly dismiss, will gain in attraction. Many many many times someone you want to jump will lose it fast. But you know that, why do I act advisory.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 05:53 pm
sozobe wrote:
"We're"? "Our"?

Yeah, I'm going with a friend of mine from Rochester. We're flying into Orlando on the 23rd or 24th, then we are going to spend some time at my cousin's place in Palm Bay, which is near the east coast, about an hour from the space center and cocoa beach and all that crap. South Beach is going to be the last three days of the trip. My cousin might also be coming to South Beach with us. The only thing I'm worried about is that my cousin is an ex-marine biker-dude. I hope he doesn't decide he needs to kill anyone while we're there.

And by the way, I've been to South Beach before. The rumors of the place being overrun by gay people have been greatly exaggerated. Or maybe I just never really noticed because I don't give a ****. Either way, it's not like there are roving bands of gay rapists just waiting to prey on middle-aged straight guys. In other words, the gay thing is the least of my worries. Unless of course, my cousin decides he needs to kill one of them.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 06:26 pm
Quote:
Back in 1492 when I was in my twenties[CODE]

was christopher columbus also at the dance with his sailors Laughing Question
hbg
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 07:54 am
kickycan wrote:
sozobe wrote:
"We're"? "Our"?

Yeah, I'm going with a friend of mine from Rochester. We're flying into Orlando on the 23rd or 24th, then we are going to spend some time at my cousin's place in Palm Bay, which is near the east coast, about an hour from the space center and cocoa beach and all that crap. South Beach is going to be the last three days of the trip. My cousin might also be coming to South Beach with us. The only thing I'm worried about is that my cousin is an ex-marine biker-dude. I hope he doesn't decide he needs to kill anyone while we're there.

And by the way, I've been to South Beach before. The rumors of the place being overrun by gay people have been greatly exaggerated. Or maybe I just never really noticed because I don't give a ****. Either way, it's not like there are roving bands of gay rapists just waiting to prey on middle-aged straight guys. In other words, the gay thing is the least of my worries. Unless of course, my cousin decides he needs to kill one of them.

I've been there too. That's why I suggested it. There are lots of beautiful people - lots of topless women sunbathing, but also many gays.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 10:50 am
Good idea, Linkat. I guess great minds do think alike. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the other five days of my trip. I want to definitely spend at least one solid day in Orlando, just to see how much things have changed since I moved all those years ago. Ft. Lauderdale is on the agenda too somewhere in there. Maybe Daytona and definitely Clearwater...I can't wait to just kick back in the hot Florida sun!!!!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 11:29 am
kickycan wrote:
Good idea, Linkat. I guess great minds do think alike. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the other five days of my trip. I want to definitely spend at least one solid day in Orlando, just to see how much things have changed since I moved all those years ago. Ft. Lauderdale is on the agenda too somewhere in there. Maybe Daytona and definitely Clearwater...I can't wait to just kick back in the hot Florida sun!!!!
Daytona is too far away and not worth the trip. Clearwater rocks for relaxation... but doesn't seem to be the kind of relaxation you're looking for. You're not that old yet. Be sure and hit the Elbow Room in Fort... and just North of there is a small group of cool bars across the road from the beach in Delray. Miami's Bongos rocks as well. While in Miami there's a supposedly Russian Mafia Bar called "Red Square" that is worth the stop. Huge Ancient Russian door to get in "brought over from the old country", Hammer and Sickle are cast in the floor and the place is lit with candlesÂ… very cool. If you don't have a lot of luck with the ladies; "Club Safari" in Jupiter is as close as you will come to a sure thing (a lot more people around your age, instead of being predominantly kidsÂ… and the music is from your era).
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 01:45 pm
Stop with the "middle age" horseshyt or the next time I see you I'm gonna kick your a$$ so hard your nose is gonna bleed.

Last year I was 69...and if you remember correctly, we were hitting on young chicks on the Pan. (Okay...neither of us got laid...but neither of us got slunked on either!)

I think you are just looking for an excuse to hit on some guys. The word is out that you are "bi curious!"

Go down to South Beach...shag some 18 year old...and stop the goddam moaning...'cause if I gotta come over there an give you a shot...it ain't gonna be pretty.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 02:04 am
The below link is not funny. Its the second time allegations of this nature have been made

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/cruise-ship-sex-assault-claim/2007/01/28/1169919197326.html
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 10:48 am
Okay, I guess P&O cruises are out then. But then, I already had ruled out the cruise idea anyway, so that won't be a problem for me.

Thanks for the suggestions, Bill. Much appreciated. Actually, I want at least part of the trip to be more mellow, quiet and relaxed, like those "Corona--Miles from ordinary" commercials, but I definitely have to get some serious partying in too.

And Frank, thanks for the pep talk, buddy. I will try to bag some eighteen-year-old beach babe if possible, just for you! Maybe I'll even take some pictures of us getting it on for you. I know how you love to watch.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 10:54 am
kickycan wrote:
Okay, I guess P&O cruises are out then. But then, I already had ruled out the cruise idea anyway, so that won't be a problem for me.

Thanks for the suggestions, Bill. Much appreciated. Actually, I want at least part of the trip to be more mellow, quiet and relaxed, like those "Corona--Miles from ordinary" commercials, but I definitely have to get some serious partying in too.

And Frank, thanks for the pep talk, buddy. I will try to bag some eighteen-year-old beach babe if possible, just for you! Maybe I'll even take some pictures of us getting it on for you. I know how you love to watch.

I will love you forever if you do...especially if you put the camera on Video with sound rather than just stills.

I love to watch grunting and groaning and thrusting. And listening to the young girl giggle will add a certain something.

(Good luck, Kick...do one for me!)

When you going? I was in town on Sunday...short walk in the park. Met a very nice young lady myself!)

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 10:56 am
Should have booked a trip to Cancun during Spring Break. You'd look like a huge creep, but all the drunken 18 year olds you could dream of.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 12:58 pm
Re: Singles Cruises or Vacations for Middle-aged Losers
kickycan wrote:
And stuff that isn't too expensive would be a plus.

Thanks in advance,

Kicky

Seeing as how you're in New York, might I recommend you taking a month long ride on the Staten Island Ferry. Don't be scared, bring along your favorite traveling valise--blend in with the others who live on the boat. Lots of willing women used to be working the concession stand on the boat so sidle on up there and sweet talk one of 'em. Many of them wear very attractive hairnets. Once the boat gets over to St.George you can wear them out by walking up that steep hill, then she'll be all yours (unless of course you're too tuckered out by then). And the good thing about it, is that the boat ride is free since around July of 1997. Not as nice as it was in the days when a ride on The Mary Murray or The Silver Star Mother with seating on the outside and all the way around; but if you plan things correctly you can even stay in one of the cabins. Well, in actuality they're storage units for life jackets, but that's a bonus since the jackets double as pillows...

Here's a link for some more information... Satan's Island Ferry
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 01:00 pm
SATAN'S ISLAND?
YIKES!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 01:19 pm
George wrote:
SATAN'S ISLAND?
YIKES!
That's what I always called it when I was forced to live there. Even graduated from high school there, although I was commuting from 4th Street in The Village by then. I have also refered to it as Land of The Lost, Island Of Prehistoric Times, New Brooklyn, Italy West...lot's of names for it.
0 Replies