Poker - Is It a Sin?

Raul-7

Sun 14 Jan, 2007 10:46 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Raul-7 - I have no concept of a "God", nor any supposed laws that he/she has made. Therefore, your argument has absolutely no meaning for me.

If this is what you believe, fine. But I think that it is the height of impertinence and disrespect of others to overlay your feelings and beliefs on other people.

Whether you like it or not you are subservient to Him. He controls everything that happens you, even though you may deny it. Nothing occurs without it being decreed from God. Thus you never know when you will die, maybe tonight, tommorow - only God knows when and where. Eventually you will return to Him and He will inform you of everything you did, nothing will be left out. You will not be wronged with anything, even if it's as small as an atom. I'm only here to warn you to this fact, accept it or not - that is up to you.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Sun 14 Jan, 2007 11:03 am
Gee Raul, how do you know that? Have you died and returned to tell everyone, or is this simply a figment of your imagination?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 14 Jan, 2007 11:09 am
I coitenly hope it ain't no sin...cause I am gonna end up in hell if it is.

Actually, my poker play was a sin for a long while. It takes a bit of time to understand the game. My game has steadied considerably lately...and I am feeling good about it.

If I am gonna sin, though, I want a good looking woman helping me...if you get my drift.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Sun 14 Jan, 2007 11:15 am
sad day indeed when you cant pok'er because of a book ya know..
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Sun 14 Jan, 2007 11:18 am
shewolfnm wrote:
sad day indeed when you cant pok'er because of a book ya know..

Problem is, that there are folks fighting about which book has the "final word"! The more that I stand back and observe, the more nonsensical it appears to me.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Sun 14 Jan, 2007 11:41 am
I think we should start a church of Stephen King

He writes many armageddon stories. his words never change.

what'cha think Wink
0 Replies

ebrown p

Sun 14 Jan, 2007 11:45 am
Raul wrote:

It is a sin, it's a game of the Devil that does nothing but create animosity between people and make them forget their duties towards their Creator.

In that case, Able2Know is a sin.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Sun 14 Jan, 2007 12:11 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Raul wrote:

It is a sin, it's a game of the Devil that does nothing but create animosity between people and make them forget their duties towards their Creator.

In that case, Able2Know is a sin.

Why do you think I joined this den of iniquity?

That reminds me of a story. A man goes up to a priest and says, "Do you save bad girls?"

The priest says, "Yes, my son".

So the man says, "Can you save me a couple for Saturday night! Laughing "
0 Replies

Bartikus

Fri 19 Jan, 2007 11:20 am
People frequently fail to live up to their own standards of right or wrong, let alone someone else's.

It is much easier to tell others how to behave than to behave properly ourselves.(even by our own standards)
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 15 Dec, 2012 02:52 am
@baddog1,
This is a great question mate...

Here is my view as a believer...

The Bible never claims that gambling is a sin...

But most would probably think that it is by being prudent like the Bible says...

But in any event going by scripture alone...It basically comments about certain things are just a waste...Or wasteful...meaning it is not really a sin...But it does not really help you in any sort of way...

So it really isn't any different that going to eat at a fancy resteraunt...Or spending excess money on a lofty pair of shoes or something...

But it is just kinda a waste to do it...Because it does not really help you in any sort of way...

And could be a problem...

I guess so long as you do not let it consume you, it is not really a problem...

But if it does, then it would be a sin...If you will...Hope this helped...

0 Replies

Michael Lalwani

Tue 5 May, 2015 04:41 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
Very diplomatic...
0 Replies