The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 02:24 am
Watched 'The Grey' movie on TV the other night about a bunch of people trying to survive in the Alaskan wilderness after an airliner crash while being chased by a pack of wolves.
Liam Neeson stars but we can never warm to him because he's just a foul-mouthed shallow redneck like the rest of the survivors.
Huh he wasn't scared of nazis in Schindlers List but he's scared by a few doggies!
I'd nominate the big Alpha male wolf as the pictures Best Actor.

WIKI- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grey_(film)
JTT

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 07:55 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Typical empty headed American movie.

You normally seem to be a big fan of brainless USA movies, Romeo.
anonymously99

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 08:02 am
@JTT,
Says some guy who refuses to understand God and Jesus Christ.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 08:13 am
@JTT,
See JTT...you can't understand moods. People (yep...Americans, are very hard working). After you work a full-time week, cook, clean, run errands, help kids with homework, many have just a few minutes a day to relax. When you cut into that time , and push your own agenda, they will put you on ignore. You're on a mission(or so you think), to help people understand how horrible Americans are. You come across as a one-dimensional character...you have no other interests that you care to share...so people don't respond at all to you , no matter what the message is. You come across as a hate monger, since the only thing you seem to want to share is your hatred towards America. If you really want to influence people, learn to become a better diplomat...otherwise you're nothing but an annoying fly to swat. Perhaps you have something worthwhile sharing, but your attitude turns people off. What's the use in spending all this time, if everyone puts you on ignore. Nobody will hear you if you tell them they they're horrible right off the bat. And then maybe, all you want to contribute to your cause, is to effectively annoy people.
JTT

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 08:23 am
@Germlat,
I understand how many Americans react to the truth, Germlat. Look at how you reacted to the USA genocide against the people of the Chagos islands and you're not even American.

Why do you think Eisenhower dragged German citizens to Nazi death camps?
Germlat

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 08:48 am
@JTT,
It's like you didn't even read what I took the time to write. That's the reason people you on ignore. Do you really think people are listening?
JTT

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 08:54 am
@Germlat,
Quote:
It's like you didn't even read what I took the time to write.

You probably don't even see the irony, Germy.
Germlat

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 09:03 am
@JTT,
Irony or not...you don't seem to want another topic. Did I miss something?
JTT

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 09:26 am
@Germlat,
Quote:
Irony or not...you don't seem to want another topic. Did I miss something?

Did you miss something? That's good. You have missed that there are no replies to incontrovertible facts that illustrate that the USA has committed myriad acts that are as evil as what the Nazis did.

I discuss a lot of other topics but I simply don't tolerate the incredible hypocrisy of those who try to defend the vicious war crimes and terrorism of the USA.

Again, do you make the same excuses for what the Nazis did, Germlat?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 03:24 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
.is this comedic at all?

Biographical black comedy.
Supporting cast is top-notch.
Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie(drop-dead gorgeous) and Rob Reiner as his Dad...hilarious.
The soundtrack is very good too...some great snippets of old blues songs by Howlin Wolf and Muddy Waters.
Altogether a great movie.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 05:41 pm
@panzade,
Last night I watched "A Face In The Crowd", circa 1957. Wow, it's still relevant, and Andy Griffen is phenomenal.
farmerman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 05:55 pm
@glitterbag,
One of my favorite movies. Andy Griffith was actually frightening with his evil laugh and his Rush Limbaugh style eh?

One of the few movies I classify as a"Masterpiece"
Sorry I missed it. I assume it was on one of the Turner channels?
panzade

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 06:20 pm
@glitterbag,
..great movie...he goes against character and it's pure evil
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 07:36 pm
@farmerman,
I don't think there is anything more frightening than a pleasant face showing its evil side, like evil baby dolls, evil clowns and all the other stuff that chills you to the bone.

Andy Griffith was an enormously talented actor. He was very young at the time and whoever picked him to play the lead must have been a genius. I saw a young Lee Remick who played a 17 year old baton twirler, I always thought she was so lovely. I was too young to see the movie when it first came out, not a toddler but the subject matter would have been confusing for a kid my age.

Another film I love is "Sunset Blvd", it shows up from time to time and it always draws me in. Since I've gotten older, Gloria Swanson doesn't seem quite so old, crazy for sure, just not that old.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 10:40 pm
Just finished rewatching Les Miserables (2012) They needed to shave off 30+minutes from it. Still ran too long. Amanda Seyfried who played the older version of Cosette was the worst singer with her annoying trilling voice.
JTT

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 11:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
You should watch Stealing a Nation, tsars.

Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:23 am
@JTT,
You should watch the documentary ----It's A Girl. Expand your horizons a little. There are thousands of injustices. Learn another song and dance. Many agree with your views on the Chagos incident...but, all your using it for is to promote an agenda of hate. People can see through the smoke and mirrors. It's getting quite boring .
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:38 am
@panzade,
It's on my list to watch. Sounds good.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 07:27 am
I watched 'Phantoms' (1998 sci-fi film) on TV for the first time last night because the story sounded good; everybody in a small US town vanishes.
Peter O'Toole was in it and lifted it a bit, it was reasonably entertaining but nothing to write home about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantoms_(film)
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 08:03 am
@Germlat,
The question is asked, "why is the murder of women going unpunished" and I agree, Germlat.

Why are the serial murders, torturers, rapists, high and low USA government officials, not punished?

Do you make the same excuses for what the Nazis did, Germlat?