quaker oat dishes

clarks

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 06:29 pm
a long time ago quaker oats....they may have been called mothers oats, gave away a glass dish in each box. the dish was cut glass and had star shapes...does anyone know how to go about finding some plates to finish my collection?????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 19,020 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 08:02 pm
Have you tried ebay?

www.ebay.com

If you register with them they will notify you when the item you describe comes up or you can just do a search on a regular basis.
lawscp

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:25 pm
quaker oats glass dishes
I was surprised to come across your posting. I know exactly what you are talking about I have thirteen that were handed down to me from my grandmother who said she got them from quaker oat boxes. If you are interested send me an e-mail to [email protected].
bowhunter50

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:40 pm
@clarks,
When I was a kid, my mother and grandmother used to save these all the time. I have a lot of saucers, cups, juice glasses, etc. in storage. Would you be interested?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:43 pm
@clarks,
clarks wrote:

a long time ago quaker oats....they may have been called mothers oats, gave away a glass dish in each box. the dish was cut glass and had star shapes...does anyone know how to go about finding some plates to finish my collection?????

I have to look those up.

Ok, I looked on ebay. Nothing like the dishes I used to buy when I was nine, for my mother.

This is an old thread, but still of potential interest.
0 Replies

char6840

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 02:24 pm
@clarks,
I have several cups and small dishes from quaker oats that mother saved. They look white to pale blue with designs on them. Please e-mail if you are interested. [email protected]
0 Replies

rowenl526

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 06:30 am
@Green Witch,
I have about 6 of the saucers that used to come in the quaker oats boxes. I remember pulling them out of the box myself!! Each one has flowers on it. Does anyone else remember these? Anyone interested in them??
LBigwood

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 01:48 pm
@rowenl526,
I just bought a handful of these today. They are a peachy-terra-cotta color, and have flowers, a raised-up molded type design.
I had never even heard of them. The antique store owner said they were from "Mother's Oatmeal" boxes, and that when she lived in CA they were popular and collectible, but that no one around here (in the Finger Lakes Region of NY)
knows about them.
0 Replies

carolmccarr

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 01:28 pm
@bowhunter50,
yes juice glass
0 Replies

papabear56

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 11:50 am
@clarks,
I just aquired a set from my mother.she is -81yrs. Old an she got them from her mother. The set includes 3 saucers 3oval platters an 6 coffee cups.
0 Replies

papabear56

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 07:41 am
@clarks,
Wat r u looking for. Ihave 3 med. Platters
6 teacups
4 saucers

will reply with pictures upon request.
0 Replies

papabear56

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 07:42 am
@clarks,
Ihave dishes will send pictures upon request.
chai2

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 08:48 am
@papabear56,
If you look, that post was made in Dec of 2006, seven and a half years ago. It was the last post that person made.

I doubt you will hear from him.
0 Replies

Vera williamson

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 09:17 pm
Quaker oat glassware. My mother collected asset of 8 of the smoked glasses. They got accidentally destroyed. I am looking for someone who has them so I can get them replaced. If you have some to sell or give away please email veraiwilliamsom @yahoo.com. Thanks
0 Replies

Vera williamson

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2014 09:19 pm
@papabear56,
Do you have the glassware
0 Replies

Vera williamson

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 06:01 pm
@lawscp,
Did you get my message? Can you email me pictures to [email protected]
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 06:59 pm
@Vera williamson,
That post is seven years old and it was their one and only post here. It is highly unlikely they will see it or respond.

Sorry.

Have you tried eBay?
0 Replies

Vera williamson

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 07:28 pm
@bowhunter50,
Can you send me a photo of the glasses to [email protected]
Vera williamson

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 09:01 pm
@Vera williamson,
I have looked on eBay. I found some glasses and found out that the glasses were found in duz laundry soap not in oats. If anyone handsome that they want to sell please email veraiwilliamso@yahoo .com
0 Replies

Vera williamson

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 09:02 pm
@papabear56,
Can you email me a picture at [email protected]
0 Replies