Man's first meeting with girlfriend's parents turns violent

Reyn

Wed 29 Nov, 2006 03:44 pm
Moderator note: The content of this post has been removed per the poster's request.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 19 • Views: 11,848 • Replies: 64
Topic Closed

Slappy Doo Hoo

Wed 29 Nov, 2006 03:49 pm
Why do I get the feeling they're rednecks?
0 Replies

jgarrison

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 03:18 pm
@Reyn,
Moderator note: The content of this post has been removed per the poster's request.
Rockhead

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 03:21 pm
@jgarrison,
you can sue a Canadian in an American courtroom and make it stick?

I don't think so mr big shot attorney person...

I suggest you shove your threats and your lawsuit up your fancy suited ass.

0 Replies

Rockhead

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 03:30 pm
@jgarrison,
on fact, I think since you posted your e-mail in the public domain, I think I will repost it for you in as many places as I can find, just to help you drum up some more business.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I will...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 03:30 pm
@jgarrison,
Dear soulless lawyer person. I am sure you realize that

1) This information was put on the internet 6 years by a newspaper report and will never ever go away. Of course, the best thing for your client is to let it age so no one worries about it any more.

2) You are making your clients problem worse by posting on a 6 year old story that no one has commented on (or probably even read) in 6 years. Now we are all reading again about Conor's rather humorous indiscretions 6 years after the fact because some idiot lawyer is bumping this old thread back to the top of everyone's queue again.

I imagine poor Conor is paying you a lot of money to post these worthless threats on random websites because he thinks that you are helping him.

Conor, if you are reading this, fire this asshole lawyer. He is making your life worse.

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 05:40 pm
@jgarrison,
Have you contacted the media who wrote the story to request a retraction?

Here's a link to yet another 2006 article in the Milwaukee-Wisconsin Sentinel about the same incident.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/29242149.html

From that article:

Quote:
a criminal complaint filed in Outagamie County Circuit Court alleges

What was the resolution of the criminal complaint?

Quote:
is also charged with disorderly conduct for profane and disruptive behavior at an Appleton hospital, where he was taken by deputies after complaining of pain in one of his hands.

Did deputies take him to Appleton Hospital? Was he charged with disorderly conduct for his behavior there? What was the resolution of those charges?
0 Replies

Reyn

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 05:50 pm
This private message was sent to "jgarrison":

First of all, I DID NOT write this 6 year old post. I merely quoted from an article from Associated Press (Nov. 29, 2006 12:05 PM). You did not read that? I suggest that you have a talk with them.

Having said that, I have absolutely no problem, if it is possible, to have the entire topic removed from this site. I don't know. If staff cannot remove it for technical reasons, there's nothing I can do about it.

I have written the Support Desk and asked if it can be done. No doubt someone from Support will be in contact with Robert Gentel and it will be sorted out one way or the other.

This will take time.
ehBeth

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 05:52 pm
hmmmmmmmmm

Quote:

hmnbc . com/

A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more.

I don't think anyone sensible will be reaching out to that address.
Rockhead

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 05:53 pm
@Reyn,
I got one from him as well.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 05:53 pm
@Reyn,
danger danger will robinson

ne touche pas
Reyn

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 06:11 pm
If a mod happens to be looking here, I have sent a ticket to the Support Desk.

Thanks.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 06:12 pm
@ehBeth,
for the record, the PM I got was very un-attorneylike.

I would be very interested in Robert's take on all this...
0 Replies

Reyn

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 06:16 pm
Follow-up PM to me from "jgarrison" in response to http://able2know.org/topic/87234-1#post-5185779:

"Okay, that's great news. He said in a conversation today that he would take the post down if you agreed to it. I will keep an eye out for the removal and keep in touch."

My response:

"Again, like I have already said, I have no problem with that.

It is now in the hands of Support. If you like, when I get a Support Ticket, I will send that number to you.

Other than that, there is no way for me to personally delete this topic."
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 06:27 pm
@ehBeth,
I am not sensible.

The website appears to be selling real estate in some development complex. I was surprised it has nothing to do with lawyers or abusive boyfriends.

Is this some elaborate link farming scheme? Although the fact they have robots.txt set doesn't make sense to that theory.

Awfully strange.

The Moderators should scrub out the link anyway.

Rockhead

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 06:30 pm
@maxdancona,
whatever it is, it is not a practicing lawyer...

I think if we ignore it, it will go away.

and I won't have to be a "mean person"...
maxdancona

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 06:32 pm
@Rockhead,
Yeah, there is some kind of scam going on here. I googled for keywords from the website and another real estate website came up. The content was lifted word for word to this other site.

I am not ready to let it go away. I am curious about what he is up to. If there is a clever scheme here, I want to know what it is.
Rockhead

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 06:34 pm
@maxdancona,
I just don't want any trouble for mr reyn.

but there is an odor about it...
maxdancona

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 06:36 pm
@Rockhead,
I can't imagine any risk to Mr. Reyn. I was thinking some kind of SEO scam, but it could be someone actually connected to the subject of the story.
Rockhead

Tue 4 Dec, 2012 06:37 pm
@maxdancona,
that's where my guess lies.

I warned of the dangers involved in impersonating an attorney...
0 Replies