Colloidal silver - long term effects

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 03:39 pm
Hi there

I wonder if anyone knows what the long term effects are of putting colloidal silver in one's eyes?

My local pharmicist didn't have any idea & as I'm not a homeopath or a naturopath - I don't know either.

I dilute a few drops of colloidal silver with a sterile isotonic solution & put in a few drops each day via an eye dropper. It seems healthier than using dozens of bottles of eyedrops which just don't work. At least colloidal silver is natural.

But I'm concerned that there might be some kind of build up over time?? I would really appreciate any clues or even links that someone might have Smile

Thank you so very much.

ps: when I feel sick, I swallow a teaspoon of colloidal silver twice a day for 2 days, and I feel well again. It's a natural antibiotic which I have recently stumbled on.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,316 • Replies: 41
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 03:46 pm
Colloidal silver has been used for generations by millions of people. I don't know of a single proveable case against it. There used to be (may still be) a woman who kept up a website to proclaim the dangers of the silver. She claims that it made her whole body turn an irreversable silver color. She offers no proof that the substance she took was the real thing, and it hasn't happened elsewhere that I am aware of. I have been using it internally for twelve years. I know others who use it also, to no ill effect.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 03:46 pm
Numerous sites are stating it is not safe and that there are no real beneifts. Argyria can result.

These are just the top 4 results I got.

Silver Not Safe

Quack Report

NCCAM

PDR Health
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 03:54 pm
A group like Quackbusters will lie and do anything to keep people from using alternative treatments. They were successful early on, but of late the courts have been throwing out their cases.

The FDA was influenced by drug companies to go against colloidal silver use, but it was decision they wanted to keep people from using low cost remedies instead of designer drugs. Colloidal silver is perfectly safe.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:01 pm
Someone I know had a BF who ingested silver, I don't know the details, but he became ill as a result.

to me, just because something is "natural" is not a reason to put it in your body. Isn't mercury natural as well?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:01 pm
I don't know....

I still see an awful lot of "yes it's safe" from companies selling it and few "yes it's safe" from those who don't sell it. I don't trust it. Especially when nearly every single site that pops up when you type in just "collodial silver" is a site selling it.

And I know Quackbusters isn't necessarily a "reputable" site but it was in the top 4 when I typed in "is collodial silver safe" and that's what I pulled.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:04 pm
I read that it has germicidal qualities. Is that why you use it? Your eye has germicidal components, take for example 'lysozyme' and 'secretory IgA' (a type of antibody).
0 Replies

claudia75

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:09 pm
Hey everyone,

Thanks bella for those links which I've read. It seems not too hard to get Argyria. What to do! lol Almost each site says it's harmful when used in excess, but none can specify how much is an excessive amount. That would open the litigous floodgates I expect!

I agree - just becuase something's natural doesn't mean it's necessarily good for the body. I'd never thougth of it like that before which is a bit naive of me I guess.

All I know is that when the FDA banned the main active ingredient in my eyedrops, my eyes went completely berzerk. (FDA banned antazoline as there was no evidence to backup claims that it did what it said it was supposed to do) Colloidal silver has been the only thing which has worked in my eyes for the last year...but I don't want to turn grey or go blind!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:12 pm
What's wrong with them? Dry?

Have you been checked out for Dry Eye Syndrome? (yes it's real!)
And you can have a procedure done to shut one of the ducts in each eye to maintain more moisture.

Also, Genteal eye gel at night REALLY helped me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:18 pm
The way to avoid harm using colloidal silver is to make sure it's the real thing, from a trustworthy source. What the silver does is wrap itself around a germ or virus and smother it.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:07 pm
It will eventually blind you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:21 pm
plainoldme wrote:

proof?
0 Replies

claudia75

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:38 pm
Bella Dea wrote:

Hi Bella

Thanks for this ... the thing with eye is wierd. I had an operation 10 yrs ago to remove a pterigium (a growth caused by over exposure to sunlight - it's a virus I believe). The hospital put a radioactive 'patch' on the surface of my eye to kill the virus.

To continue starving the virus I was prescribed a synthetic constrictor type eye drop. This shrank the blood vessels in my eye, stopped the redness and stopped making it feel like I had a handful of concrete in my eye. I found antazoline was also a synthetic constictor - and when mixed with naphazoline (which is what is inside most allergy drops) it produces the result I needed - on top of also keeping my eye moist. So when the RX drops ran out, I bought my other drops over the counter with no prob. Until the FDA banned them 18 months ago.

It sounds freakazoid, but to the naked eye, it's impossible to tell there is anything wrong with my eye unless/until I get tired and the redness flares up. I've tried every eye drop on the market in the US, NZ, Canada and Australia. I think the UK is the only country left which sells antazoline in their drops. I'm trying to get a friend to send me a bottle if it's allowed.

Colloidal silver seems to be the only alternative I've found which gives some relief from the radiation patch/operation thingie.
0 Replies

claudia75

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:40 pm
plainoldme wrote:

Shocked

eek!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:41 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
plainoldme wrote:

proof?

Probably a source that I shouldn't trust, my former husband, who does have PhD in chemistry and was a med school prof but who seems to have a communication problem and may be on the autism spectrum, which means he doesn't always seem to understand what is said to him.
0 Replies

claudia75

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:43 pm
claudia75 wrote:
... radioactive 'patch' on the surface of my eye to kill the virus..

ARGH. I meant "radiation" patch. (radioactive? what was I thinking) My brain is not in gear. Didn't mean to alarm anyone (including myself).
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:47 pm
claudia75 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

Hi Bella

Thanks for this ... the thing with eye is wierd. I had an operation 10 yrs ago to remove a pterigium (a growth caused by over exposure to sunlight - it's a virus I believe). The hospital put a radioactive 'patch' on the surface of my eye to kill the virus.

To continue starving the virus I was prescribed a synthetic constrictor type eye drop. This shrank the blood vessels in my eye, stopped the redness and stopped making it feel like I had a handful of concrete in my eye. I found antazoline was also a synthetic constictor - and when mixed with naphazoline (which is what is inside most allergy drops) it produces the result I needed - on top of also keeping my eye moist. So when the RX drops ran out, I bought my other drops over the counter with no prob. Until the FDA banned them 18 months ago.

It sounds freakazoid, but to the naked eye, it's impossible to tell there is anything wrong with my eye unless/until I get tired and the redness flares up. I've tried every eye drop on the market in the US, NZ, Canada and Australia. I think the UK is the only country left which sells antazoline in their drops. I'm trying to get a friend to send me a bottle if it's allowed.

Colloidal silver seems to be the only alternative I've found which gives some relief from the radiation patch/operation thingie.

Wow...that stinks. I have thyroid eye disease and I thought that stunk (dry, gritty eyes that got blurry all the time). Well, genteal eye drops and night gel will help with the dryness. I don't kow what to tell you on the other stuff though.

Have you seen an opthamologist (the md type)?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:50 pm
I have been delving into this subject the whole 12 years or so I've been using this stuff. I challenge anybody to produce a single person harmed by what was proveably real colloidal silver.
0 Replies

claudia75

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 06:48 pm
Hi edgarblythe,

Your reply gives me hope that I may not end up a cycloptic! I just spoke to a friend of mine who said that I have to ensure I buy the "right" silver. That what happens in the "wrong" silver is that the molecules disintergrate, which is apparently bad for the body.

Um. Do you have any idea on what might be a "right" brand?? I bought the liquid made by a company called Radiance. In the % of Daily Value it says "3ppm" of Colloidal Silver (as silver protein). It seems to work but I don't know what percentage of ppm I should be buying.

Does this make any sense to you?

If you can't help, that's cool - I'll keep pottering about on the web, but I thought you might be able to shed a bit of light on it Smile

Thank you so much for reading this ramble!!
0 Replies

claudia75

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 06:53 pm
Hi Bella

That's interesting - I've been taking thyroid medication for nearly 15 yrs, so maybe there is a link of some sort there??? I have tried dry eye drops and gels and they all just lead to a build up of gunk in my eyes, which only colloidal silver can get rid of. It's perplexing...hmmm.
0 Replies