Rainsoft System....Is it worth it?

Gary Slusser

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 01:07 pm
Your claim that all online drop shipped product orders are "special orders" is totally incorrect.

A special order is when the manufacturers' distributor, my suppliers, do not stock the item.

Explain how your 3 business day cancellation OF AN ORDER is anywhere near as good for your customer as the ability of returning the softener up to 120 days AFTER RECEIVING it.

Also realize that the customer is buying from me and you and your arm twisting "sign here" is selling your rip off stuff to your customer.

Isn't that why rip off artists require a signed contract...

Don't most PC friendly smiling joke telling good o'l boy type rip off artists that have the customer sign a contract (the ORDER) then show up early the next morning, like 10-12 hours later, to do a quick "professional" install? Isn't that done to make it very difficult to impossible for the customer to use the 3 day cancellation (right of recision)?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 01:29 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:
PC friendly smiling joke telling good o'l boy type rip off artists

I know your mirror is small, but at least you are able to see yourself in it.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 07:19 pm
What you see as a mirror, it's my one way glass window into your character.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 07:21 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:
What you see as a mirror, it's my one way glass window into your character.

Thanks for the compliment Cool
0 Replies

Ac tech jax

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 09:26 pm
@H2O MAN,
I would run away from rain soft. I am in the ac industry and I just ran into a customer that has one.. Get the UVPHOTOMAX by Ultravation. Ultravation.com has all the info on this... NO OZONE issues... Too much ozone crap will give you health issues.... They also installed this one wrong.. They put in on the return in an open space where the customer could look directly at the light and come in contact with it... WRONG! Now they want to charge the people 100.00 to come out and check it out... WHAT! UVPHOTOMAX is a great purifier and it is new to the residence. I have one and it is great, crisp air and NO ISSUES about ozone problems in my home... No odors from my pets and it is easy to understand... Look it up and see if it fits your needs...
Ac tech jax

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 09:28 pm
@tforestier,
it is not worth it... To purify your air look up ultravation.com the UVPHOTOMAX is ideal for your home and you should be able to get it installed for under 700.00 and it works!
0 Replies

Ac tech jax

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 09:33 pm
I would run away from rain soft. Let them stay in the water business because they purifying part is lame.... New technology is out and they are in the past.... I am in the ac industry and I just ran into a customer that has the airmaster ultra.. Get the UVPHOTOMAX by Ultravation. Ultravation.com has all the info on this... NO OZONE issues... Too much ozone crap will give you health issues.... They also installed this one wrong.. They put in on the return in an open space where the customer could look directly at the light and come in contact with it. if they installed that wrong what else have they done????.. WRONG! Now they want to charge the people 100.00 to come out and check it out... WHAT! UVPHOTOMAX is a great purifier and it is new to the residence. I have one and it is great, crisp air and NO ISSUES about ozone problems in my home... No odors from my pets and it is easy to understand... Look it up and see if it fits your needs...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 10:11 am
I don't know a thing about UVPHOTOMAX, but I agree with what have said about RainSoft.
0 Replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 05:22 pm
@Ac tech jax,
2 and 1/2 years later you decide to reply?
0 Replies

stevekristi

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 09:09 am
I just bought a Rainsoft unit only 6 months old with all the soap and reverse osmosis system for $500.00 the lady i bought it from got a divorce and needed the money is that a good buy?
0 Replies

Risvoll

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 02:36 pm
@Gary Slusser,
My name is Svein Stornes, I have been RainSoft`s exclusive importer for the whole country of Norway for 11 years, marketing the products through sub-dealers. The RainSoft control valve is one of the best I have seen,the valve itself is made of solid brass, but I have to admit FLECK valves are more reliable, and cheaper. Almost all softeners are using the same ion-exchange material from the same manufacturer, and some softeners come with a stainless steel tank instead of a glassfiber tank (tanks). It is not necessary to spend more than 1500 USD for a whole house system, as the sale people are working on commision only.Most manufacturers charge no more than 350-500 USD for a 24.000 grain of hardness/gallon softener - the rest is solid profit for the dealers and the sales people. But after service is important - find a reputable companu who has been in the water business for more than at least 10 years - then you will have hopes that they still exist when you need their help after te unit has been installed, Make sure this is done by a acredited installer/plumber!!!!
Kind regards, Svein Stornes, CWS, NORWAY, E-mail:[email protected]
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 09:18 am
@Risvoll,
Risvoll wrote:

The RainSoft control valve is one of the best I have seen,the valve itself is made of solid brass, but I have to admit FLECK valves are more reliable, and cheaper.

Howdy Svein,

Brainsoft stopped using the brass valve for residential systems in the US many years ago, the only control valves they use here in the states are plastic. A non-Rainsoft digital Fleck control valve can be purchased for less... they are not cheaply made like plastic Rainsoft valves are.
0 Replies

sharp10

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 12:09 pm
I love my RainSoft. It is the finest water filter ever made. I love drinking pure water and I love bathing in the clean water. I would have paid $10,000 for this system. I love the pure soap products and it only helps keep your home in good condition.
0 Replies

bemisdarfer

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:43 pm
@tforestier,
Can't you tell that they are just saying this about Rainsoft so you will go to their company...scam!
0 Replies

bemisdarfer

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:47 pm
@Gary Slusser,
You get what you pay for...love RS!
0 Replies