what is your favorite soft/soda drink

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 11:42 am
Have you got a favorite thirst quencher ? not inc. beer or any other booze or tea or coffee or chocolate.

steissd

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 11:46 am
What can be better than a simple classical Coca-Cola!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 11:52 am
I'm curious about "lilt". Is that a Euro bevvy?
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 11:53 am
MOXIE ( moxie diet please)-Wheres the Moxie box, ?? Im BEING OPPRESSED!!

Id like to know some of the other beverages foreign (especially Chinese) names. I recall that , in Taiwan, Coke was translated to be "the dark drink that gives you fun" (something like that)
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:02 pm
I've heard of Moxie, farmerman, but what is it? Please elucidate. Thanks!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:07 pm
Well guys, for those drinks that are AWOL I'm sure THE FEDS amongst you will bring them in for questioning.
Lilt is available in Yeuroland, if it's not in the US of A some adventurer may of come across it. Perhaps people on The Big Island down under have their faves, such as Jumbuck Juice, Kangaroo Kooler and Billabong Belch.
So if your slurp of the month isn't listed , THEN LIST IT IN YOUR POST.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:07 pm
I prefer orange juice to any of them.
0 Replies

owi

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:11 pm
tap water
0 Replies

oldandknew

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:11 pm
Acq ------ very commendable. healthwise that is. do you prefer bottled, canned, carton or freshly squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezed
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:17 pm
Bottled water - usually Poland Springs. Tap water is too full of mystery "nutrients" in the Boston area!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:18 pm
Tap water, otherwise know as Adams Ale
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:25 pm
Oldandnew, freshly squeezed when I can get it but I generally end up drinking bottled. In eastern Connecticut you can buy soda size bottles of orange juice in convenience stores for the same price as soda. If I want something to drink, that is what I generally buy.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:25 pm
If anyone likes pinball, then go to pepsi at http://www.pepsi.co.uk/freebies/#GAME_LK and download
0 Replies

cjhsa

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:30 pm
Faygo Redpop.
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:39 pm
oldandknew wrote:
Tap water, otherwise know as Adams Ale

Good one!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:57 pm
Filtered water on the rocks. I threw in a twist of lime when I remember to buy one...
0 Replies

oldandknew

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 01:12 pm
Acq, yeah, we get O/J in various sizes and containers. I prefer O/J to those fizzy drinks. Grapefruit is pretty good and my wife likes tomato juice.
0 Replies

Letty

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 01:38 pm
Well, OAK. I have several favorites:

Water is the most satisfying when thirsty. We buy distilled, but the jury is still out on whether it is as good for the body as spring water which contains needed minerals.

I like having a baby coke with a hot dog or hamburger.

If I'm going the tomato route, V-8 is my favorite
0 Replies

Wy

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 01:42 pm
I checked bottled water but what I really like is club soda -- it's bottled, right? If I'm stuck with tap, gimme a squeeze of lemon or lime -- and put a little in the soda, too!

Gettin' fancy means adding a little fruit juice -- preferably grapefruit.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 16 Jun, 2003 01:57 pm
D'ARTAGNAN-MOXIE IS A VERY FINE SOFT DRINK. ITS RECIPE IS A KEPT SECRET FOR GENERATIONS (HOWEVER I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A BLEND OF STICKS, LEAVES, BIRCH BARK, AND ROBETUSSIN)
IT HAS A VILE CARBONATED "COUGH SYRUP" FLAVOR THAT IS TRULY AN ACQUIRED TASTE. I BELIEVE ITS MADE IN LEWISTON MAINE, THE CLOSEST THING TO A WEBSITE THAT I COULD DIG UP WAS THIS http://www.mainegoodies.com/food/Moxie/index.htm
DONT ORDER FROM THEM BECAUSE THE PRICE THEYRE CHARGING IS ROUGHLY TRIPLE THE RETAIL PRICE. (IT AINT THAT GOOD)

SOMEHOW, A MOXIE, EITHER COLD, WHILE ON A BOAT ON A QUIET CHUG UP THE PASSAMAQUODDY, OR SERVED WARM IN A CUP (EXCEPT HERE DONT USE THE DIET MOXIE CAUSE THE FAKE SUGAR S BREAK DOWN AND ALL YOUR LEFT WITH IS SOMETHING THAT TASTES LIKE PARAGORIC) YEP THATS THE PERFECT END TO A PERFECT DAY IN MAINE ( CRAOOY YANNI MUSIC FADES TO SILENCE)

I THANK YOU
0 Replies