Lifesource Water versus a 'salt' system

Gary Slusser

Mon 7 May, 2007 04:37 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Sure, special proprietary tools are available for Clack, Fleck and most other valves - but they are not always needed.
Also - I service what I sell, why would I mention the cost of any tools that I use to service my clients H2O systems?

Not true of the Autotrol or Clack control valves. There are no tools for ANY Autotrol control valve. There is a spanner wrench for the nuts on a Clack but you don't need it, you can use slip joint pliers instead, and the pliers or a screw driver for the drive end cap.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 7 May, 2007 05:17 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
Sure, special proprietary tools are available for Clack, Fleck and most other valves - but they are not always needed.
Also - I service what I sell, why would I mention the cost of any tools that I use to service my clients H2O systems?

Not true of the Autotrol or Clack control valves. There are no tools for ANY Autotrol control valve.
There is a spanner wrench for the nuts on a Clack but you don't need it, you can use slip joint pliers instead, and the pliers or a screw driver for the drive end cap.

Even though you don't need it, that spanner wrench is a proprietary tool for the Clack valve.
The same applies to the tools made for Fleck valves, available but not needed.

As for Autotrol valves ... IMHO, they are best left in the factory that makes them.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Tue 8 May, 2007 08:52 pm
I see on your web sites that you replace a lot of equipment. Like I said, I don't think you've worked on enough Fleck valves yet.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 9 May, 2007 05:58 am
That's the beauty of the Fleck 2510SE - they rarely need to be worked on.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Wed 9 May, 2007 07:02 am
The same goes for all the 5600 and 2500 softeners and filters dealers replace rather than fix for $100-150 including the service call charge.

As long as it was able, I always fixed everything I was called out to service. I really dislike dealers that simply say "it's junk, you need a new one". They're selfish and greedy while usually not knowing what they are talking about.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 9 May, 2007 07:09 am
Gary Slusser wrote:

As long as it was able, I always fixed everything I was called out to service. I really dislike dealers that simply say "it's junk, you need a new one".

What do you do when you are called out to service an old RainSoft system?
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Wed 9 May, 2007 08:38 pm
I had a RS dealer out of my area that sold me parts because he didn't want to travel the 80+ miles one way to service them.
0 Replies

mewrightswa

Mon 25 Jun, 2007 04:21 pm
Life Source Filtration
Hey, Sorry to come in late on this thread. I got my Life source complete system 1 and a half years ago. I agree with the guy above. I think I would have been better off with a salt based system. We have a well system with lots of iron. I didn't see a real significant difference in the water other than my tee shirts not turning rust colored. We still don't drink the water. We do bottled. I don't know about other systems out there but there must be something better for less money...Just my opinion and experience!!!!

Mewrightswa

PS Fly Southwest!!!
Andy CWS

Sat 27 Sep, 2008 06:47 am
@mewrightswa,
Your case is similar to everyone I know who got one. Either they were hoping for an easy fix or were not told all the things it WON'T do.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
0 Replies

LemonRage

Tue 30 Dec, 2008 04:44 pm
@USBound,
The LifeSource unit does not soften the water as promised. I advise you to look for a traditional softener... I unfortunately bought a system and have had problems since installation. I've got plenty of hard water buildup to prove that. The company's advertising states that the unit will soften the water, but when I complained that the water hasn't been softened, they told me that it's not marketed as a softener...The company will not take appropriate action in honoring the 10 year warranty. www.lifesourcewatersucks.com
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 30 Dec, 2008 05:55 pm

Did you know that you can't soften water without using salt?
0 Replies

LemonRage

Mon 5 Jan, 2009 10:39 pm
@DGILLER,
NO, it's not good at all for hard water problems. Don't buy into the company's advertising as a softener alternative...I've had problems since day one.
0 Replies

txgrubb

Thu 12 Feb, 2009 10:15 am
Fleck vs Clack Control Valve - I've run into problems with my Clack Control Valve and found my Clack "Warranty" to be entirely useless. The original distributor that installed my equipment with the Clack Valve is no longer in business and Clack will not even speak to me or return e-mails. So if you purchase a Clack Valve be warned - there really isn't a warranty, it's just writing on paper when Clack refuses to even speak with you.

My suggestion would be to buy Fleck, they appear to have a much better reputation from what I can tell in backing up their equipment.
Andy CWS

Thu 12 Feb, 2009 01:37 pm
@txgrubb,
Sorry to hear of your situation. It is important that you deal with a company that stands behind its products whether it is the manufacturer or the local comapny that sold it to you.

What went wrong with your system?

Andy
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Thu 12 Feb, 2009 11:18 pm
@txgrubb,
Sorry to hear of your problem.

Autotrol, Clack, Erie, Fleck sell their products to their distributors. Those distributors sell to us dealers, like yours that went out of business and the one that charged you $250 to repair your Clack (I read that on another forum; he ripped you off unless he charged about $125 for a service call).

Those manufacturers can not legally sell to the end user, you. Any dealer selling any of those brands could get you the parts and warranty if the problem part was warranted; including the guy that fixed it for $250.

Distributors usually do not get involved with the end user (you) because again, they are not allowed to sell to 'you' or they elect not to.

If you can use a pair of channel lock type pliers and a small screw driver, you could have replaced all 5 parts on your Clack yourself and had the water back on in under 30 minutes; even if you have never done anything like that before. Had you called me I would have warranted any parts covered by the 5 year warranty and told you how to replace it as we spoke the phone.

What part(s) did he replace?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 9 Apr, 2009 05:17 am
@txgrubb,
txgrubb wrote:

Fleck vs Clack Control Valve - I've run into problems with my Clack Control Valve and found my Clack "Warranty" to be entirely useless.

My suggestion would be to buy Fleck, they appear to have a much better reputation from what I can tell in backing up their equipment.

I also prefer the Fleck valves and my many customers love them.
I use the digital 2510 SE valve.
0 Replies

vamanos11

Sat 11 Jul, 2009 03:54 pm
@H2O MAN,
would that be like the HardnessMaster by Vitasalus?
H2O MAN

Sun 12 Jul, 2009 06:55 pm
@vamanos11,
vamanos11 wrote:

HardnessMaster by Vitasalus

Worthless Junk!
0 Replies

jtindiana

Fri 1 Jan, 2010 10:35 am
@DGILLER,
LIFESOURCE WATER SYSTEM SUCKS. I ordered it; they were so interested in me purchasing the system. But when it came to service - they were nowhere to be found. THEY ARE A SCAM. AVOID THEM AT ALL COST. THE QUALITY OF MY WATER HAS GONE DOWN TOO. PLYMOUTH INDIANA RESIDENT.
Andy CWS

Fri 1 Jan, 2010 11:37 am
@jtindiana,
jtindiana wrote:

LIFESOURCE WATER SYSTEM SUCKS. I ordered it; they were so interested in me purchasing the system. But when it came to service - they were nowhere to be found. THEY ARE A SCAM. AVOID THEM AT ALL COST. THE QUALITY OF MY WATER HAS GONE DOWN TOO. PLYMOUTH INDIANA RESIDENT.

That will always be a problem when you buy things on line...service cannot be the same as a local dealer. That is not true in all cases as I make purchases on line all the time, but I have heard about this and other water treatment devices where the sale is easy but the follow is non-exsistent or very poor at best.

I know the quality of Plymouth water--I used to live in Warsaw--and you need an effective and reliable company that provide excellent equipment with a sales and service staff that know what they are doing.

With the hardness and a bit of iron found in your location, a quality softener should be able to do the trick.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
0 Replies