The island of Bermuda is a colony of what nation?

fbaezer

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 03:40 pm
Setanta wrote:
Say, Bubba, why do they call the football team in the World Cup "England?" Why do the hooligans were red and white face paing, and wave flags which only contain the St. George's cross?

Well, boss, that's because the British, having invented the rules of the game, get 4 berths instead of one -they say it's because they have four different federations-: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

You get red and white painted hooligans when you play against England and happy, drunken fans, in blue shirts who'd lift their kilts at any provocation if you play against Scotland.

As for the other questions, it's for Bubba to answer.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 03:41 pm
I watch this thread in perplexity, that anyone could start with name calling in the Reference Forum, contrex.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 04:18 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I watch this thread in perplexity, that anyone could start with name calling in the Reference Forum, contrex.

Have patience, Osso. He's new here. He'll learn. Either that, or he won't last long.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 04:21 pm
OK, I'll watch.
0 Replies

lice23

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 08:12 pm
hey contrex ur being a racist
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 09:04 pm
Contrex is quick to fire off the bow, nearly as crabby as some of the rest of us, but I have not noticed his being racist in general.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 10:01 pm
I agree with the above.

And it certainly is a big adventure for someone from the USA to dig in the history and rules for football ...
0 Replies

username

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 10:28 pm
I'm Welsh (by ancestry, at least),and I say get out of our country, you rotten, imperialist, colonialist, Pommy bahstahd, contrex,and leave us alone. Go back to your cold, damp, mouldy dunghill of a country and stay there. Free Bermuda, Free Wales. Up Plaid Cymru!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 10:40 pm
I'm 1/16th Welsh and would that I knew more about that.

I've no opinions at all on Bermuda.

Agree with Merry on Puerto Rico.
0 Replies

username

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 10:43 pm
osso, hey, homey, how ya doin"?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 10:52 pm
Grins at Username, sad I don't live in Boston, my mother's hometown, and could meet you. You could tell me about Wales, I bet. In truth I'd like to visit, am constrained with lack of lottery winnings or their real life equivalent. But if I ever get there, if the other bostonians could get their hair washed, ceilings fixed, etc., we could all meet.

Of course, if I did get to visit, I'd come down with a horrible cold in one day...
0 Replies