What inspired you to write...discuss

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 10:44 am
so, what has inspired you into writing?
i personally started last year and i started to write after i was depressed by the extremely negative conditions of the society...oh and i also got inspirational insights from music...
YOU???

Seed

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 08:17 pm
What inspired me? I was a Junior in highschool. A girl ripped my heart out. I was sitting in calculus class and just started writing. It just flowed. It came natural. Everyone who read what I wrote really liked it and that encouraged me to keep going. Then, I would just pick random words and try to make something out of it.
aidan

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 11:26 am
Reading inspired me to write. Whenever I read something I really liked - I felt inspired to try to do the same thing - out of admiration I guess. And reading still does it for me. I go for weeks without writing anything - but as soon as I read something inspiring - I want to try to write again.
0 Replies

lostnsearching

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 07:48 am
interesting...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 07:56 am
I went back to college in my 30's. I had an instructor in English Lit. Her assignments were to right "reaction papers" to what you had read during the week. There were no guidelines, no restrictions as to the length or content of the papers. When she recieved them she did not grade them, but wrote reams of comments about what we had written. She put a lot of thought and effort into her teaching. It was quite apparent that she really cared about her students.

Anyhow, the more that she commented, the more I wrote. I was not the only one who reacted this way. Many of the other students knocked themselves out, tearing stories apart, reacting and commenting far more deeply than normally could be expected in a college course.

She allowed me to "play" with expressing myself, without fear of being criticized. She offered me the freedom to expand my expressiveness. She was a great teacher.

May Dooley, wherever you are, thanks!
0 Replies

lostnsearching

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 08:07 am
so basically her appreciation motivated you into uncovering your talents
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 08:15 am
Re: ...
lostnsearching wrote:
so basically her appreciation motivated you into uncovering your talents

I don't know if it were so much appreciation, as respect. As a younger person, I was used to the sort of teacher who used his/her authority to criticize, to belittle, to look for what was WRONG. With May, writing was an adventure that we shared.

I remember the first time that I wrote a paper in her class. I had not written anything more than a shopping list, or a short note, since I had left college when I was eighteen. I was very anxious about the whole thing. Her reaction put me at ease, and allowed me to "test my wings".
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 08:21 am
The last thing that inspired me to write was my sore toe.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 09:43 am
Life.

It sucks at the same time it is glorious.
It rips your heart out and saves your soul.

It is the ultimate paradox.
0 Replies

mcee fya

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 04:18 pm
pain glory same old story
0 Replies

lostnsearching

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 10:21 am
simultaneously sweet and sour
0 Replies

piersdad

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 02:53 am
years ago (gasp) befor tv and when radio was still one channel
the sitting room was actually used by the family to while the time away in the evenings.
my parents used to tell stories about their lives and these tales would be passed on to the next generation.
so this generation will lose this heritage unless the present older generation does not do some thing about it very soon.

So I started to write about my adventures and incidents in my life as well as my parents stories.

the end result was a lot of encouragement from my son and he set up a web site for me to share my stories with all and to invite others to do the same.

storydad story "the great race'

i like to take an incident from real life and give it a little twist at the end ( which made it get rememberd in the first place)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:00 am
I tried my hand at writing many years ago when my boyfriend was away at college and I was spending alot of time alone and miserable.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:02 am
I tried my hand at writing many years ago when my boyfriend was away at college and I was lonely and alone.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 05:29 pm
I wrote my first poem on a long train journey.
I was wide awake and bored out of my mind. Train journeys by day are fine by me - I can watch countryside for hours, but this was at night and I was sick of staring at my own reflection in the window.
I think I was inspired by the sense of meloncaly.

It was strange, because up until that night - poetry hadn't been any part of my life.
0 Replies

Matteos

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 09:44 am
Re: What inspired you to write...discuss
lostnsearching wrote:
so, what has inspired you into writing?
i personally started last year and i started to write after i was depressed by the extremely negative conditions of the society...oh and i also got inspirational insights from music...
YOU???

I found a magical leprechaun who danced a tiny jig around my testicles and granted me the ability to write.

His name was "Digmitiricidijuhonimu".

I had once met Digmitiricidijuhonimu under a tree, when I was out walking my mouse. It was near a footpath, he was sitting peaceful under a big oak tree. So I came up to him and imeadiatly begun kicking his head in.

Needless to say, he was quite pissed off.

He said to me at the time, "Oi, stop doing that, Or I will make you regret it"

I said "Haha"

So he said "Ok"

Then he threw a rock at my face and knocked me over leaving me semi-conscious at the time. I remember a little green man figure dancing around my balls and chanting all sorts of crazy stuff. I fell asleep when he was just getting worked up.

When I woke up, I had found a note in my hand, it read : "You can now write, you will make no money whatsoever from it, you'll just write stuff which makes little or no sense at all, it will confuse and piss people off, and leave you with no friends at all"

"PS - When you were asleep and knocked out, I pissed in your mouth... hahahahahahahaha"

And that is my story.

I have been friendless and writing ever since.
0 Replies

lostnsearching

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 10:48 am
all these are some very interesting stories...(within themselves)
i remember i always wanted to be a good writer since i was about 6 or 7 yrs old but the only problem was i couldn't even imagine... yep that's right!
i read many books... but didn't get a single word, again: i couldn't imagine at all. so as i was loosing hope some one... i knew for like 10 minutes only asked me what my hobby was and i said i liked to read...no admitting that it was worthless...
she asked me if i had read Harry Potter and i replied i was on the process...which was a white lie. Harry potter had come in the picture those days and had become extremely popular...everyone loved it and so i got totally pissed off. i was like" what's so great about HP" then i decided to read it...
i don't know if you'll believe this but it opened my mundane mind and made it an imaginative lala land. I loved and as i kept reading through all the installations i began plotting my own stories... but never wrote them.
later i became more observant and last year...mainly last october i started writing poems...that's when i started really experiencing my depressing teenage life(i guess i was 13 and a half then)...
but i think i wrote this really stupid song in school during my economics class(the class which bores the hell out of me) and my friend read it and she liked it and i got a little motivated and then i started writing more and ... so goes my story.
but this friend i just mentioned has been very motivating, she'd be the first one to read my work and she appreciated it and that made me write more and more.. i guess she was my only reader till now! But i still believe her original work is much more well-put then mines but i'm still practicing...

enough about me!
p.s this got a bit too long didn't it?
Letty

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 11:02 am
lostnsearching, Welcome to A2K. My inspiration for writing comes and goes. Much of it depends on my five senses but more depends on my imagination.
0 Replies

lostnsearching

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 11:39 am
thanks for the welcome letty
0 Replies

lostnsearching

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 11:42 am
Quote:
Much of it depends on my five senses

hey dude...what about ur 6th sense???