THE DANGER OF GUN-FREE SCHOOL ZONES

debrafrancis

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 11:49 am
@Setanta,
Actually guns have other purposes. I use mine for having fun and the occasional hunt. Never shot a human.
debrafrancis

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 11:51 am
@parados,
So if we want to make the world safer, I s'pose we can get rid of cars and guns both, maybe possibly, possibly maybe. Would that solve the problem? I keep a gun in my car, what a bad girl.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 07:50 am
@genefog2,
Quote:
Oh yeah, booze is not supposed to have a role in the deaths and injuries of the same people, yet it does. Funny, guess I got the wrong guns, because not one of mine has ever claimed a life.

So by the logic in your argument am I supposed to assume that your car has killed people when you have driven drunk? That is the only way your drunk driver argument makes sense when rely on your personal anecdotes for gun safety.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 07:54 am
@genefog2,
Quote:
Maybe doing some research is too much work.

Says the guy that claimed hundreds were killed in drunken driving accidents in Dallas over one weekend.

Quote:
And next if I say the sun is blue during the day you will say "where is your evidence." Stupid.
Actually, I would ask for evidence if you claimed the sun is blue during the day. The sky is often blue during the day but I have never head of the yellow star we circle suddenly turning blue.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 07:56 am
@debrafrancis,
Quote:
Here's a fact: MANY people die from others drinking irresponsibly. So you are nitpicking over numbers?

Yes, many people do die from drunk driving. I have never said that wasn't true so I don't see how I can be nitpicking over numbers that are true. I am merely pointing out that supporting your position with numbers that are not true doesn't support your argument at all.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 07:59 am
@debrafrancis,
Quote:
Who cares if there are ten or ten thousand.

Ah yes, more of that logic will destroy any attempt you are making to argue you position. So, we shouldn't care about the number of people when it comes to drunk drivers but then you just made this argument.
Quote:
there have only been a small handful of school and church shootings by sociopaths with guns

Shouldn't you be asking who cares if there are ten or ten thousand when it comes to those shootings as well rather than arguing there are so few?
0 Replies

genefog2

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 05:40 pm
@debrafrancis,
With the gun haters it only matters that a gun was involved. What they fail to grasp is that no other tool is used for personal protection of victims against criminals. They will dodge and duck the issue of drunk driving as far as they can because it exposes their faulty logic. That gun bans have gotten people killed is irrelevant.
parados

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 08:03 pm
@genefog2,
genefog2 wrote:

With the gun haters it only matters that a gun was involved. What they fail to grasp is that no other tool is used for personal protection of victims against criminals.
Really? No other tool has ever protected someone from a criminal? No baseball bats? No knives? No pointed sticks? No shrubberies? I've devolved into Monte Python because your statement is so ridiculous when you claim no tool other than guns has ever been used for protection.

Quote:
They will dodge and duck the issue of drunk driving as far as they can because it exposes their faulty logic.
I don't think I dodged it at all. You on the other hand have made outrageous claims that you can't support with evidence. Cie la vie.

Quote:

That gun bans have gotten people killed is irrelevant.
And it seems that carrying guns has gotten people killed is irrelevant as far as you are concerned.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 06:58 am
@debrafrancis,
debrafrancis wrote:

Actually guns have other purposes. I use mine for having fun and the occasional hunt. Never shot a human.

Precisely!
Intrepid

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 08:26 am
@H2O MAN,
Guns have other purposes? Fun? Nobody has been killed by errant hunters? Oh, clever and insightful arguments you have there. Certainly not a surprise that H20 finds this acceptable.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 08:34 am
@Intrepid,

Intrepid, did you have a point to make or are you content with your irrational ramblings thus far?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 1 May, 2013 01:10 pm
@parados,
Carrying guns has gotten a lot of bad guys killed
when their victims did it.

Gun control is O.S.H.A. for violent criminals
protecting them on the job from the defenses of their victims.

David
0 Replies

IanLucas

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:11 am
@OmSigDAVID,
The Constitution-carry movement neglects to address the so-called “gun free” zone. People are assuming that they don’t need a permit — period. Until the “gun-free” school zone is rescinded, every responsible gun owner needs a permit.
0 Replies